Waldorf Kyra UK release

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I owned both Blofeld ans Virus TI... Blofeld sounds amazing but I rarely used it because it lacked a good VST gui to program it.. was long time ago tho. Does Blofeld have a fully working non buggy VST gui now?
I got bored of the Virus after 10 years.. softsynths sound so much better now. Like Hive.

Kyra looks interesting on paper but it needs to sound awesome and must be much easier to program than Blofeld...
Looking forward to hear it.

Some info -
Powered by FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) processing, a great improvement on legacy DSP gear. It features 8-part multitimbrality (each part having its own dedicated 9-module effects unit), , true stereo operation, 32x oversampled hardware with dual wavetables providing over 4,000 waveshapes, hard sync, FM (Frequency Modulation), and ring modulation.

It also features emulations of classic analogue ladder filters with 2- (-12dB/oct) and 4-pole (-24dB/oct) configurations. There are also 3 envelope generators, 3 stereo LFOs with 64 shapes and MIDI clock sync, an arpeggiator, full keyboard microtuning, and true polyphonic portamento plus a comprehensive 18-channel modulation matrix.

The Kyra also comes a wide variety of effects — each of its 8 parts will feature a three-band EQ with sweepable mid, dual tube-style limiters, formant filter, distortion, six-stage phaser, stereo digital delay, comb/flanger/chorus/doubler and a programmable reverb - all run at 96kHz.

Kyra's connectivity is surprisingly flexible with four assignable, balanced stereo analogue outputs (converted from 32-bit/96kHz), a headphone output, low-latency 5-pin DIN MIDI, a fully class-compliant USB 2 implementation for MIDI, and a stereo 24-bit/96kHz audio stream for each of its eight parts.

Key Features
  • FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) processing
    8-part multi-timbrality
    9-module effects unit
    True stereo operation
    32x oversampled hardware with dual wavetables
    4,000 waveshapes
    FM (Frequency Modulation), Ring modulation
    3 envelope generators, 3 stereo LFOs
    MIDI clock sync
    Arpeggiator
    Full keyboard microtuning
    True polyphonic portamento
    18-channel modulation matrix
    three-band EQ with sweepable mid
    dual tube-style limiters
    Formant filter, distortion, six-stage phaser, stereo digital delay, comb/flanger/chorus/doubler, programmable reverb
Specifications
  • balanced stereo analogue outputs (converted from 32-bit/96kHz)
    headphone output
    5-pin DIN MIDI
    USB 2
    stereo 24-bit/96kHz audio stream
The price is £1,949.00

Here's a link to Anderton's store however the KYRA isn't available just yet so don't know where they get 3 days from lol I'm not even done sounds yet and neither have others.

Link:-

https://www.andertons.co.uk/keyboards-p ... nth-module

Kyra keeps getting described as having wavetables, as it is in this description from Anderton's.
But correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression they are waves, not wavetables. I.e. each oscillator has one wave shape, not a wavetable that you can move through the various wave shapes within each wavetable like the other Waldorf synths do, not to mention other wavetable synths such as the TI.
Does anybody know definitively whether its wave tables or waves?

Im curious how low latency is and if it does support offline rendering. If it would have a plugin version, would be dope. Tho in all honestly despite this synth sounding great, it does not sound any better then plugins these days do.

How comes it's so ugly? Looks like vintage 90's hardware.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

It looked better here, but... they probably would have been sued by Access Music. ;)

cnt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:09 pm Does Blofeld have a fully working non buggy VST gui now?
Try Monstrumfeld.

nevermind

Regarding the design, at least the knobs and also the "mask" look quite similar to the Quantum, so, Axel Hartmann might have done it.

rob_lee wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:19 pm Some info -
Powered by FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) processing, a great improvement on legacy DSP gear. It features 8-part multitimbrality (each part having its own dedicated 9-module effects unit), , true stereo operation, 32x oversampled hardware with dual wavetables providing over 4,000 waveshapes, hard sync, FM (Frequency Modulation), and ring modulation.

It also features emulations of classic analogue ladder filters with 2- (-12dB/oct) and 4-pole (-24dB/oct) configurations. There are also 3 envelope generators, 3 stereo LFOs with 64 shapes and MIDI clock sync, an arpeggiator, full keyboard microtuning, and true polyphonic portamento plus a comprehensive 18-channel modulation matrix.

The Kyra also comes a wide variety of effects — each of its 8 parts will feature a three-band EQ with sweepable mid, dual tube-style limiters, formant filter, distortion, six-stage phaser, stereo digital delay, comb/flanger/chorus/doubler and a programmable reverb - all run at 96kHz.

Kyra's connectivity is surprisingly flexible with four assignable, balanced stereo analogue outputs (converted from 32-bit/96kHz), a headphone output, low-latency 5-pin DIN MIDI, a fully class-compliant USB 2 implementation for MIDI, and a stereo 24-bit/96kHz audio stream for each of its eight parts.

Key Features
  • FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) processing
    8-part multi-timbrality
    9-module effects unit
    True stereo operation
    32x oversampled hardware with dual wavetables
    4,000 waveshapes
    FM (Frequency Modulation), Ring modulation
    3 envelope generators, 3 stereo LFOs
    MIDI clock sync
    Arpeggiator
    Full keyboard microtuning
    True polyphonic portamento
    18-channel modulation matrix
    three-band EQ with sweepable mid
    dual tube-style limiters
    Formant filter, distortion, six-stage phaser, stereo digital delay, comb/flanger/chorus/doubler, programmable reverb
Specifications
  • balanced stereo analogue outputs (converted from 32-bit/96kHz)
    headphone output
    5-pin DIN MIDI
    USB 2
    stereo 24-bit/96kHz audio stream
The price is £1,949.00

Here's a link to Anderton's store however the KYRA isn't available just yet so don't know where they get 3 days from lol I'm not even done sounds yet and neither have others.

Link:-

https://www.andertons.co.uk/keyboards-p ... nth-module
Isn’t that a lot more than the initial price estimate was? I could have sworn the developer was saying that he estimated it to come in at around $1000 USD. Did I dream that?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

See here from 7:45:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc6MRMaB0XM

I think he always said below $2000.

Well £ ~ € at the moment so that kinda checks out.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:33 amnevermind
I was about to reply the same thing 🙄😲😂

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:13 pmDid I dream that?
Yes...

The estimate was always around 2K

I'm excited for this. Finally a modern Supernova! (that hopefully bypasses the reliability issues)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”