Loopmasters Loopcloud 5 going subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jcredland wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:30 pm
bassline22 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:31 am what would be an incredible feature in my opinion and im sure itd be fairly easy to do is to have the ability to apply swing to drum grooves.. Any chance this could be looked at?
There are two different bits to swing I think. One is taking audio regions you've placed in the editor and nudging them to give a groove of one-shots a cool swing.

The other is nudging audio within a region or existing loop to change the swing (which is more of an art than a science!)

Which were you thinking of?
maybe within a region but i guess what i was getting at was not so much applying swing to a full loop. i was meaning say fro example you click on a one shot of hi hats so its open in loopcloud. then you go to presets and try some of the hat pre-sets then after that you could apply swing to slightly change the vibe whilst your listening to it all synced in ableton..

aslo ive went from a loopcloud leading sceptic to a loopcloud believer, but the one thing thats bugging me more than anything else is the amount of real estate that the multitrack takes up.. surely 99% of users dont utilise the multitrack part of the program (or maybe im wrong) i think you said you were working on a way to hide it if its something you dont use..

loopmasters wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:31 pm
Aloysius wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:30 pm I asked Support for v4. I was told it's no longer supported. I was directed to the v5 page. I asked again for v4 and said I didn't mind if it was unsupported. I was asked why I wanted v4. I directed the support desk to my initial post about why I wanted a copy of v4. I haven't heard from them since.
we are not encouraging people to use v4, it will not be supported moving forward.

We also want to know what were the reasons you want v4 as we feel v5 is much better, so your input may help us guide you, or realise what we have not done correctly
Well I still haven't heard back from Support, so thanks for asking.

Before even trying v5, I wanted to have the latest v4 version installer as backup in case I decide to stick with that for the time being. I have a lot of Loopmasters gear and v4 is working ok for me as is. All of my Loopcloud updates as far as v4 have been done via the app', so I don't have the latest full v4 installer for windows.

1) I don't mind if it is eventually not supported. It's working at the moment.
2) I didn't feel anything yet, apart from a little frustration. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

mgw38 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:16 pm This thing is exceptionally buggy. I tried to investigate the cloud storage problem I had mentioned above in this thread at which point the cloud storage folder disappeared completely. It gave me an error "Cloud storage folder not found. Please re-sync." Which I did, but without any success. I then deleted the entire installation, installed again and now Loopcloud insists that I exceeded the installation limit even though I did everything on the same machine. I contacted support. Let's see where this goes but it is not looking good at the moment.

Edit: Loopmasters support reset the installation limit (very fast response, thanks!). But the problem persists. The cloud storage folder is no longer available. The fresh reinstallation did not help.
The latest Loopcloud update resolved that issue. The cloud storage folder is visible again on my system. But I still have issues with disappearing waveform previews when I upload samples to the cloud. Therefore: back to Loopcloud support (which is no longer nearly as responsive anymore as they used to be a couple of days ago).
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

bassline22 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:45 pm aslo ive went from a loopcloud leading sceptic to a loopcloud believer, but the one thing thats bugging me more than anything else is the amount of real estate that the multitrack takes up.. surely 99% of users dont utilise the multitrack part of the program (or maybe im wrong) i think you said you were working on a way to hide it if its something you dont use..
Which bit do you want to hide? The multitrack takes up about 30 pixels more than the old single track... roughly one row of search results. You can press Command-P or Control-P to hide it all.

Finally got a proper reply from Support.

They are not giving out v4 installers.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

loopmasters wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:28 pm
m-ac wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:00 am Is there a way of having free sam ples displayed differently in your library? In V4, all the 'free' samples were in the loopcloud inspiration (or something similar) folder, so as not to clutter up your full libraries. Can we do something similar, else we'll end up with hundreds of root folders in the library in no time at all. Same goes for any single samples you buy, can we separate those titles from our full packs?
Free samples can't be displayed differently from others, but if you want you can tag them using the tag editor and put them all in a folder etc - that is up to you.
Oh, well thats unfortunate. Loopcloud for me (and most?) is first and foremost a sample organiser, and if samples can't be organised like this, it's enough to stop me personally subscribing until thats changed.

Well done on the multitrack stuff though, great addition.

It seems the direction this is taking is to kind of become a DAW as much as a Loop browser. There is still much work to be done for it to be anything more than a half-baked loop browser, as it is right now. But it's the only game in town.

It was going in the right direction but it seems to have taken a bit of a left turn. That's a shame.

Does anybody know of any other loop browsers/wave file managers for the PC? I've been out of it for a while so it may be that I missed something. Is it still the case that there is not one single useful loop browser available?

I'm happy to pay DAW level money for one - say a couple of hundred quid?

I got so excited by Loopcloud v3 - it enabled me to visualise and manage my samples and loops and tracks and songs in a whole new way that no other software has been able to up to this point (on PC).

But I'm just confused by this new direction it's taking. Is the adding of DAW features just kludged on to encourage people to go to the subscription model? Will it just get brighter and flashier and more obtrusive to push those loops like they're crack? Will the design just keep changing with every new iteration of the design and you will need to learn every new version that comes along?

Version 4 struck a great balance for me. It wasn't pushy or gaudy or too 'try-hard'. It provided some basic editing and manipulation of your loops that was fun and immediate and not obtrusive to the program as a whole.

But with v5, it just seems like a half-baked beta DAW, crossed with a crass front end to pressure you in to buying things you don't need. Really, is there anyone left on planet earth that needs one more loop? Out of all the millions freely available?

It's the worst of both worlds. It's neither fish nor fowl.

Please take this as constructive criticism. I'm sorry if it sounds a bit terse, it's not meant to be.

At the end of the day maybe I should go back and take a look at foobar2000 and take some time to set it up properly - I'm sure it's moved on a lot since I used it a few years ago.

But this is a shame, because I was just ready to buy some credit and give money to you Loopmasters, to buy some loops that I don't need, out of the millions freely available on the net (including all those I have in my personal library).

I fear that you have managed to take the fun out of it, for me, at least, and maybe you will end up driving others away as well if you continue in this way.

KVR will be a tough crowd for you because most of us here already have massive loop libraries, or we just make up our own. And a lot of people here don't like paying for redundant stuff as well. I doubt many at KVR make music by joining the dots and constructing music like a Lego kit. Probably quite a few like to drop in the odd loop now and again though, but who is going to pay a subscription for that?

Tacking on a half-baked DAW is not going to push people towards that goal either.

My advice to you:

Create the best loop browser/file manager for PC in existence.
Let it become a standard and a 'killer app'.
Provide the facility for people to easily and quickly audition the loops you are selling, in an unobtrusive manner.
Provide the means for them to quickly buy those loops once they find something they like, all at a mouse click (after buying credit of course).

It's not difficult. You've done 90 percent of the hard work.

Going down the road to providing yet another DAW, badly integrated in to the shell of your app will only cause confusion, be a technical nightmare, and detract from what it is you do best.

Why would anyone pay a monthly subscription to use a beta level DAW, when they already have 3 or 4 killer DAWs like Cubase, Ableton, FLStudio, REAPER, say...

This just doesn't make sense to me.

Hey, if you want to bring in a bit of cash for all your hard work (and you deserve it) then charge a small fee for the killer app that is Loopcloud, for those of us that don't buy that many loops, but just want a decent file manager and browser for our waves/samples/tracks. There's a few ways you could leverage it.

You've bitten off a lot here to chew on. File browser. Integrated internet network eCommerce system. DAW.

Why stop there? Go the whole hog!

Hook us up so we can all jam tracks in real time over the network as well!

Like Ohm Studio.

But what do I know?

I really hope it works out for you. I'm sure you know what you're doing.

I'll be checking back each new version to see how it's going. It would be great to see this up and running. Sincerely.

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:20 pm But I'm just confused by this new direction it's taking. Is the adding of DAW features just kludged on to encourage people to go to the subscription model? Will it just get brighter and flashier and more obtrusive to push those loops like they're crack? Will the design just keep changing with every new iteration of the design and you will need to learn every new version that comes along?

Version 4 struck a great balance for me. It wasn't pushy or gaudy or too 'try-hard'. It provided some basic editing and manipulation of your loops that was fun and immediate and not obtrusive to the program as a whole.

But with v5, it just seems like a half-baked beta DAW, crossed with a crass front end to pressure you in to buying things you don't need. Really, is there anyone left on planet earth that needs one more loop? Out of all the millions freely available?
Really, LC5's editor is just LC4's but with multi-track features (although it loads faster, renders faster and the multi-track can be used either as a sort of mini-DAW or usefully like a shortlist of files to try - just pop it into solo mode and leave it there!).

And by clicking a single button you can pop straight into the old tree view if that takes your fancy. I think we will make it so you can hide the 'relevant products' list at some point as it cuts down the number of search results shown.

Really the only limitations are that the pay-as-you-go model for points is gone, and replaced with a subscription (which you could compare with Splice or sounds.com ...), and the pattern saving is only available to subscribers.

You can however still pay-as-you-go if you want by buying full packs from Loopmasters web shop - they will show up in your Loopcloud library just fine.

PS. I don't think your comments are terse :)

jcredland wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:28 pm
husker37 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:24 pm Do we still get the occasional freebies in the "New Inspiration from Loopmasters"? Nothing has popped up there for me since I upgraded.
We changed the system, hopefully for the better:

http://support.loopmasters.com/knowledg ... ree-sounds

And to the poster above I'll see if we can add 'number of free sounds remaining' somewhere in the account page!
Bummer, I prefer the old way, but it is what it is. Thank you for replying.

When i click on my own library in browser and its got the libraries ive added but its also got loopmasters free registration samplepack, loopcloud welcome pack, and new inspiration from loopmasters.. can i remove these seeing i dont require or use them? i dont see any options to remove them

:tu:

You'll be pleased to know that the crash when searching for the FREE tag has been identified. It took a while as we had to get a database with the problem shipped via post (!!) but I've got a fix here.

Version 5.0.20 will include the fix and be out in the next day after some testing.

husker37 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:07 pm
jcredland wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:28 pm
husker37 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:24 pm Do we still get the occasional freebies in the "New Inspiration from Loopmasters"? Nothing has popped up there for me since I upgraded.
We changed the system, hopefully for the better:

http://support.loopmasters.com/knowledg ... ree-sounds

And to the poster above I'll see if we can add 'number of free sounds remaining' somewhere in the account page!
Bummer, I prefer the old way, but it is what it is. Thank you for replying.
I prefer the new one. It's nice to be able to select the freebies by yourself :tu:

jcredland wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:43 pm
codec_spurt wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:20 pm But I'm just confused by this new direction it's taking. Is the adding of DAW features just kludged on to encourage people to go to the subscription model? Will it just get brighter and flashier and more obtrusive to push those loops like they're crack? Will the design just keep changing with every new iteration of the design and you will need to learn every new version that comes along?

Really, LC5's editor is just LC4's but with multi-track features (although it loads faster, renders faster and the multi-track can be used either as a sort of mini-DAW or usefully like a shortlist of files to try - just pop it into solo mode and leave it there!).

And by clicking a single button you can pop straight into the old tree view if that takes your fancy. I think we will make it so you can hide the 'relevant products' list at some point as it cuts down the number of search results shown.

Really the only limitations are that the pay-as-you-go model for points is gone, and replaced with a subscription (which you could compare with Splice or sounds.com ...), and the pattern saving is only available to subscribers.

You can however still pay-as-you-go if you want by buying full packs from Loopmasters web shop - they will show up in your Loopcloud library just fine.

PS. I don't think your comments are terse :)

You're a good sport!

I really like what you are doing. I'm up for buying some loops off you.

Don't mind me...

:)

Return to “Instruments”