Decent bundle of Effects, not expensive.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I'm searching for a decent quality effects bundle for FL studio (Mac),
for home mixing and sound design, for electronic music.
(I don't like the sound of built in plugins in FL).
I was looking at Waves bundles and Voxengo.
Is there any other affordable good quality bundles.
I have around $150 to spend on this.

Thanks

If it is for home mixing and sound design, why not consider totally free effects ? Some are of really professional level.

It is also a wise solution to not bet that amount of money ($150 is not a little amount) on things which will finally not please you (with the result of $150 lost for nothing while there are excellent products which cost $0).
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Exactly what BlackWinny said. Would recommend free plugins from Tokyo Dawn Labs, Klanghelm, Vladg, and the Dead Duck Bundle for the basic stuff. Oril River for reverb. Bedroomproducersblog is a good resource for any other specific plugin types. If you want to spend money on a very good bundle you may look at Toneboosters v3.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:33 pm These ToneBoosters bundles might be what you're looking for:

https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_trackessentials_v3.html
https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_bustools_v3.html
+1

Don't think you get a better bargain than that.

Other than that, at least for mixing purposes, i'd first try what's available in your DAW. I found that most DAW included EQ's will do "for now", for example. Or the stuff included in virtual instruments.

roman.i wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:19 pm (I don't like the sound of built in plugins in FL).
What about the "sound of built in plugins in FL" is it that you don't like? There are tons of effects in FL, and they are generally quite good if not better than a lot of the freebies you can find out there. :party:
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Actually I want to concentrate on music, and not on plugin checking/shopping and I don' t want spend time on free stuff, unless it's just a simple must have utility.
I prefer to start with one of the industry standard bundles.
When I left music making a 10 years ago, Waves was the standard for a such bundle, but since then a lot changed that's why I'm asking.

roman.i wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:49 pmI don' t want spend time on free stuff
Why? There's tons of excellent free stuff out there. What effects do you actually want? Reverb and delays?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:51 pm
roman.i wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:49 pmI don' t want spend time on free stuff
Why? There's tons of excellent free stuff out there. What effects do you actually want? Reverb and delays?
That's exactly the problem, I'm not going to check every single free plugin on the internet.
I'm checking now the Toneboosters bundle, is there any other bundle worth checking out?

Thanks

Not a bundle so much but Audio Damage make some great multi/modulation effects:
https://www.audiodamage.com/collections ... -quatromod
https://www.audiodamage.com/collections ... panstation

Tough to find a comprehensive plugin bundle in the $150 range unless you wait for a big sale.

If you don't have a problem with dongles, the VPS essential FX Bundle v2 is a really good complement to stock DAW plugins. As a whole it's a bit more sound design/fx oriented than mixing, and a little more interesting and exotic than the usual DAW plugs. At $120 for 15 effect plugins, some of which I'd consider somewhat hidden gems, I think it's a really good value, although you still have to buy the dongle for $25 or whatever. Some of the effects are fairly genre specific - the trancegate and two or three different types of pitch/time/buffer shifters, for instance, aren't the type of thing you'd want for orchestral musc, but for dance, hip hop, glitch, dubstep, etc. they are pretty underrated IMO.
https://vengeance-sound.com/plugins.php ... Bundle%202
Just be wary - if you have a 4k monitor or something crazy, the UI's are probably really small. They're a bit on the small side on my monitor, which isn't anything fancy.

Then for mixing tasks you could grab the freebies from Tokyo Dawn Labs, Klanghelm and Vladg, as others suggested. All of them are really good.

Go with the free Dead Duck bundle! It’s super simple and sounds good. And covers a lot of ground.

rlared wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:17 am Go with the free Dead Duck bundle! It’s super simple and sounds good. And covers a lot of ground.
And it's Windows only, so obviously a big help for a Mac user. :)

If you can live with the interfaces, the 49€ for the Melda "free" bundle are money well spent. Lots of essential analysis tools (scope, spectrum, loudness, etc.), EQ, compressor, convolution, stereo manipulation, and lots of other nice things. They don't sound special, but they also don't sound bad.
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MFreeFXBundle
Confucamus.

Well... if you need a one click purchase comprehensive bundle, i guess the Waves bundles are an option indeed. :)

roman.i wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:43 pm That's exactly the problem, I'm not going to check every single free plugin on the internet.
I'm checking now the Toneboosters bundle, is there any other bundle worth checking out?

Thanks
You don't have to: you've got a bunch of good suggestions already with no real need to check out "every single free plugin on the internet".

All that's going to happen otherwise is you'll wind up with a long list of paid-for candidates that you'll have to check out in much the same way you're complaining about when in the meantime you could have a short list of some good ones while you figure out what you actually need.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”