United Plugins releases Royal Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:55 pm You did the u73b ? Cool :)
the algorithm made Audified great programmer Jarek Macak.But you can read about me even in promotional materials:)

carloff wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:41 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:55 pm You did the u73b ? Cool :)
the algorithm made Audified great programmer Jarek Macak.But you can read about me even in promotional materials:)
:tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Interesting take on their demo

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-p ... 0a0f82bd9b

It doesn't expire, it just changes into 2nd hand mode

Hey there, we listened to requests from our users and here is big major update!
https://unitedplugins.com/news/detail/20
enjoy :wink:

Just updating my first comments about the Royal Compressor with a short post.

I had the opportunity to test the updated version of the RC and I must say that I like what I'm hearing. :clap:

The Release/Hold positions are finally working properly ! :)
The added features some members were asking for have really taken it to the level I was expecting it to be in the first place.
Now there's more control over the gain reduction with the Trim and the Mix knobs.
The only thing I might miss is a sidechain filter...maybe in a future update !

There's still the mouse wheel problem with the knobs not responding correctly to it and I hope it will be fixed in a near future.

I tested it on a mixbuss and on drums and I love how round and warm it can sound. I think it should work great on bass and vocals (round and fat tone).
My frustrations are gone now that these features have been added.
It's very pleasant to see developpers hearing us and not ignoring our requests (as long as they are reasonable off course).

I just wanted to be fair and give another point of view now that I worked with the updated version.
To all the people who were a bit turned off by the lack of some features or by the Release/Hold bug, give it another shot. ;)

Thanks to Boris for giving me another chance to test it and for the great communication ! :tu:
Last edited by Endor-8o8 on Thu May 07, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This compressor is on sale. I didn't know about United Plugins before I stumbled on the Hyperspace reverb which was on sale a few weeks go. I picked it up and really like it a lot.

The Royal Compressor sounds interesting to me. I only had about an hour to demo it so far. It's available from Audio Deluxe on sale for about another week for $50ish.

Anyone using this compressor? Thoughts?
Last edited by plexuss on Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have it and the more I use it the more I love it - it's unique (the closest comparison I can make is Acme Opticom) and full of character. Seems to pump and breathe in a really musical way when pushed hard. I'm finding it a really enjoyable plugin to use when you don't want transparent compression, instead when you want to hear the compression as an obvious effect, like a dynamic saturator.

This thing is cool and classy - and the oversampling works a treat.

I ignored that free "Front DAW" plugin of theirs, unfortunately. That seems great too (no OS though).

Demoing it more tonight. It has a Kush sound to it. really nice. Its nice on drums and with simple pluck sounds / stringed instrument sources

Pulling up this to say it's currently being offered as a free product with any purchase on Plugin Boutique.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:42 pm Pulling up this to say it's currently being offered as a free product with any purchase on Plugin Boutique.
Is Royal Compressor or MTurboCompLE the "better" free one to get?

AIR Music Technology Super Bundle Is a good deal, I like Velvet and use it often. Ilok.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Seeing as this free at PB I thought i'd pull the trigger...
No Hi Pass filter is weird (unless i'm missing something?) and makes it really pumpy on low frequencies, but worth buying it for free I suppose :)

nexgen23 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:49 pm
ChamomileShark wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:42 pm Pulling up this to say it's currently being offered as a free product with any purchase on Plugin Boutique.
Is Royal Compressor or MTurboCompLE the "better" free one to get?
🐻 I went with the Melda plug since it emulates more compressors. It would be a good way to demo different flavors of compressors from the one plug. Can you not make two separate orders & get both?

You can place two Orders & Choose two different Gifts then. No Prob!
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

I've chosen the Waves RS124 instead.
IMO better equiped.

Return to “Effects”