Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

I just recently purchased Avenger and love it, but I had no idea about the memory hit. It seems to load up quickly enough, but that's a huge chunk of memory that it's taking. Just for comparison, I loaded up Zebra 2, which is a pretty complex synth, and it only took about 50MB. So, why is Avenger eating up all that RAM? That will definitely make me think twice about using it, which is a drag because I'm otherwise really impressed with all the things it does.

sircuit wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:00 pmHave you checked your DAW's memory usage in Task Manager after loading few Avenger instances? Each (default preset) Avenger eats up around 700 MB of memory, while Serum a bit over 100 MB (no idea Spire). So you're basically loading the equivalent of 6 Serums with each Avenger instance.
Ahh, well I hope they can optimize it a bit to not use 6x the RAM of Serum and Spire on an init patch.

msvs wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:45 am we currently requested an SDK for Propellerheads CodeMeter protection. IF that works for us, this could be the solution for everyone. Dongle OR online check, multiple installations
I had to buy two licenses because of the current very low limit of 3 activations.
I wouldn't ask for a refund but please really consider that copy protection system and don't give up.
Asking loyal customers to buy a dongle and give up a usb slot (that could even force them to buy a separate hub) is not the best course of action IMHO.

Something I haven't seen anyone considering yet is that those who wanted to buy Avenger already did buy it and using intrusive copy protection methods that concern physical dongles will only make a disservice to current customers rather than fighting piracy because dongle or not, those who are pirating Avenger right now never had intentions of buying it in the first place, otherwise they would already have done it a while ago.
So, in the end, it doesn't matter if the synth gets pirated or not, because a lot of successful developers had their software cracked for a long time, yet I'm not aware of their financial struggles because a bunch of people use pirated copies.
Would Serum be so popular if in its early days it adopted a dongle and didn't allow the growth of a big "community" around it (both of legit and non legit users)?
Would FL studio be so popular among so many beat makers if its copy protection wasn't just a simple .reg file?
The list of examples is endless.

Changing copy protection method is needed if you rightfully want to protect your product and I support that, but precluding usability of the software behind a dongle will just make you lose customers (current legit owners that won't use a dongle and therefore won't buy future expansions) and that's statistically plausible even if customers will face sunk cost fallacy.

I've been a pain in the ass sometimes with you manuel, and I know we haven't always agreed on some stuff, but I can't stress enough how important this decision is for all of us. I hope you make the right decision.

actually CodeMeter seems to be very promising ;) It will be set in the next 2-3 weeks

msvs wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:41 pm actually CodeMeter seems to be very promising ;) It will be set in the next 2-3 weeks
Ooh that’s interesting- are you now thinking of this for 1.5? Can you say anything yet about number of authorisations and methods?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

the user has the choice there: Dongle, online or softLicense

msvs wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:43 am the user has the choice there: Dongle, online or softLicense
That’s great if 2 soft licenses are allowed, or 1 dongle and 1 soft.

And for 1.5?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

msvs wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:41 pm actually CodeMeter seems to be very promising ;) It will be set in the next 2-3 weeks
That's very great news. Thanks for your hard work Manuel (and Rene), we loyal customers appreciate it.

If you use CodeMeter would you be able to give an alternative of the elicenser for those of use that have them. I'm soon going to run out of usb ports and I really don't want to buy another dongle. I know there is a soft version of codeMeter and I suppose that would do, but I personally have found the usb dongles have been more reliable for me.

Oh CodeMeter's software & driver are bloatware and way more unstable. Some say it's even worse than cracked software with malware in it :lol: Aren't they scanning your harddrive while you're working? Also on mac it slows everything down noticably.

What I don't get: Codemeter (or the software using it) got cracked too. Still you're going with it instead of what your customers already have: elicenser & soft-elicenser. Why? Isn't it essentially the same and the risc is there for both?

I don't want to disappoint any efforts regarding going with CodeMeter, but there (were) some cracked software using WIBU, like V-Ray (an image rendering software) which has been cracked several times even with most latest versions.

There's a big loophole in this protection method, it is when making portable installation (symlink, thinApp etc).

--- What's wrong with any of these approaches btw?
1. Adapt method similar to Sylenth1 v3 which has good protection
2. Making hardware Avenger :D

Yes major software companies go in that direction like Native Instruments, Steinberg and Arturia.

marzelli wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:18 pm Oh CodeMeter's software & driver are bloatware and way more unstable. Some say it's even worse than cracked software with malware in it :lol: Aren't they scanning your harddrive while you're working? Also on mac it slows everything down noticably.
Wrong, I'm using CodeMeter and I haven't noticed anything of what you are mentioning above. Why are you making things up?
marzelli wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:18 pm What I don't get: Codemeter (or the software using it) got cracked too. Still you're going with it instead of what your customers already have: elicenser & soft-elicenser. Why? Isn't it essentially the same and the risc is there for both?
Wrong, totally made up, again. Don't spread lies! It's how you implement the protection. Have you seen Reason cracked, for instance?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:14 pm...bla...
Do some research... There are threads here and on GS :wink: I think there was even a log file form someone showing what codemeter does (maybe in the MAAT orange eq thread)... And even the poster before you confirmed it got cracked. And yes, there is for example cracked Sequoia.

marzelli wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:18 pm Oh CodeMeter's software & driver are bloatware and way more unstable.
I agree.I have all three dongles, eLicenser, iLok, and Codemeter. Codemeter seems to be the most intrusive to the point of being just weird. If Manuel wants to go with it, that's fine but I just had to state this. I'd much rather eLicenser. For the people who worry about USB ports, all you have to do is get a small USB hub and put all of your dongles on to that, and just plug it into one port. I'm not in love with having to do that from my big machine to my laptop, but it is what it is, and it's just a small price to pay if you want to use the software on two machines.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

After some Googling, I don’t see a cracked version of Reason 10, only false claims. There’s also a recent discussion on a Reason forum where it’s said it is not cracked
https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7509911

Return to “Instruments”