AmpliTube Brian May for Mac/PC, iPhone, iPad Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

metalifuxx wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:54 pm I noticed "auto" as a control parameter for the wah. Can you update all the others wah to have this auto envelope control? I use the original AT stock wah all the time cuz of this, responds and sounds great with not having any other parameter to tweak.
you can monkey patch it with REAPER's envelope follower controlling Amplitube's automation.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:07 pm honestly, i would've expected the Deacy to be much more fizzy. it actually has quite a "normal" sounding cabinet. the "A Winter's Tale" preset is one of the more iconic Deacy sounds, but its signature cutting top end actually appears to have been achieved with an EQ rather than the amp/cab itself (assuming the preset accurately models the real FX chain that was used by Brian May on that track).
Were you able to demo it ok then?

In this video where Jamie Humphries demos a modern Deacy (and I think I trust his judgement) it sounds anything but having a cutting top end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPjenUMuNBk

In fact it sounds fat and chunky! Of course, maybe you mean something different by "cutting top end" but my experience with ampsims is that "cutting top end" equals fizzy and horrible.

Any road up, I'll be demoing this myself tomorrow when I have the house to myself, ha ha!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

And Jamie's also the person who created the audio demos and presets.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:31 pm And Jamie's also the person who created the audio demos and presets.
Gotta assume he knows what he's doing :D

cprompt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:46 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:31 pm And Jamie's also the person who created the audio demos and presets.
Gotta assume he knows what he's doing :D
He's pretty close to the source, for sure. Many times literally:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:06 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:41 pm Cool. Now please do the David Gilmour collection!

Given that most of the amps and pedals used by these famous guitarists are already in Amplitube, it would be cool if you guys would do presets packs that didn't necessarily have new gear, but just included presets to match famous songs/albums of an artist, like you did for the Jimi Hendrix album presets. They could be cheaper of course since there wouldn't be new gear but to get the most out of it, you'd need the models authorized that the presets use.
I do think Mr. Gilmour would be a much harder one to get officially on board for sure :) As you point out we do have quite a bit of the gear used, thanks in part to our many in-house gearheads. For some great Pink Floyd/David Gilmour tones we have a lot of the gear though two exceptions have been pointed out from time to time - a Binson Echorec and a certain non-Leslie rotary speaker. We do have access to an Echorec thanks to the great and mighty gearmonger Squids and I have to take a closer look at that non-Leslie rotary as I'm not as familiar with how David really used it but there are users (and Gilmourish) that will happily fill in some of the blanks to help.
Thanks Peter! Looks like a must have for IK fan boys like myself. :hyper:

For what it's worth the original IK hiwatt head does a fantastic job of nailing the Gilmour tone.

I'm sure you guys have thought of this but bet a lot of people would jump if there was an EVH signature version. Maybe hard to swing cause Eddie prolly gets a big cut of anything he's associated with but the Fender relationship and great tones from the Fender signature series gives me hope. :tu:

enCiphered wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:04 pm How do you like his hairstyle?
For a young baldy like me I'd say well, at least he has hair!

So, when is the Friedman line coming out? :hihi:

Treble booster is nice.

cprompt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:30 pm
Burillo wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:07 pm honestly, i would've expected the Deacy to be much more fizzy. it actually has quite a "normal" sounding cabinet. the "A Winter's Tale" preset is one of the more iconic Deacy sounds, but its signature cutting top end actually appears to have been achieved with an EQ rather than the amp/cab itself (assuming the preset accurately models the real FX chain that was used by Brian May on that track).
Were you able to demo it ok then?
yes, i'm thankfully technically competent enough to work around IK's inadequate software.
cprompt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:30 pm In this video where Jamie Humphries demos a modern Deacy (and I think I trust his judgement) it sounds anything but having a cutting top end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPjenUMuNBk

In fact it sounds fat and chunky! Of course, maybe you mean something different by "cutting top end" but my experience with ampsims is that "cutting top end" equals fizzy and horrible.

Any road up, I'll be demoing this myself tomorrow when I have the house to myself, ha ha!
i haven't seen this video (or any other videos demoing the Deacy). i was going by what Deacy sounds like in Queen records (specifically i was referencing "A Winter's Tale"). it seems that i was under wrong impression of what Deacy would sound like cabinet wise.

just to be clear: i didn't mean it as a criticism of IK's Deacy - it's more of a case of me not knowing what the amp is supposed to sound like. from my limited testing, i liked it very much. it's just not quite what i had in my head with regards to how a Deacy amp would sound, and it caught me off guard.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:36 am yes, i'm thankfully technically competent enough to work around IK's inadequate software.
You know what the biggest ballache about Custom Shop is, in order to demo the whole Brian May Collection, I have to "Try" each individual item. That's quite frustrating.
Burillo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:36 am just to be clear: i didn't mean it as a criticism of IK's Deacy - it's more of a case of me not knowing what the amp is supposed to sound like.
I'd never even heard of the Deacy amp until I saw this video a couple of years ago and was blown away by how fat it sounded. I think the IK version is pretty close.

So, I played around a bit with the Hammer to Fall settings. I had tried to recreate it in amplitube before. Definitely closer with the demo of the Brian May Collection. Threw this together really quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=553_stvGQ70
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

Certainly a great deal of Brian's sound came from his unique guitar.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yeah, I don't understand that guitar emu thingy. All it does here is lower the gain :shrug:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:06 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:41 pm Cool. Now please do the David Gilmour collection!

Given that most of the amps and pedals used by these famous guitarists are already in Amplitube, it would be cool if you guys would do presets packs that didn't necessarily have new gear, but just included presets to match famous songs/albums of an artist, like you did for the Jimi Hendrix album presets. They could be cheaper of course since there wouldn't be new gear but to get the most out of it, you'd need the models authorized that the presets use.
I do think Mr. Gilmour would be a much harder one to get officially on board for sure :) As you point out we do have quite a bit of the gear used, thanks in part to our many in-house gearheads. For some great Pink Floyd/David Gilmour tones we have a lot of the gear though two exceptions have been pointed out from time to time - a Binson Echorec and a certain non-Leslie rotary speaker. We do have access to an Echorec thanks to the great and mighty gearmonger Squids and I have to take a closer look at that non-Leslie rotary as I'm not as familiar with how David really used it but there are users (and Gilmourish) that will happily fill in some of the blanks to help.
Just an FYI, until you kids get around to it, the Pulsar Echorec emulation is fantastic.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Effects”