Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

progtronic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:38 pm [snip]
I think I'm good on modules for a while.. at least, that's what I'll keep trying to tell myself.
ooOo... a TB Filter & OSC. hmmm... :party:
Budget about $1000 and you'll be safe. :phones:

Incidentally, the "forum" coupon code at JRRShop works for the Cherry Modular stuff they have available.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

plexuss wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:22 am
progtronic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:38 pm [snip]
I think I'm good on modules for a while.. at least, that's what I'll keep trying to tell myself.
ooOo... a TB Filter & OSC. hmmm... :party:
Budget about $1000 and you'll be safe. :phones:
That will get you one decent Cwejman Eurorack module these days... and if lucky you might have some $$ left. I have been collecting them for almost 10 years, since before they became rare and people started gouging.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

progtronic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:38 pm I was so impressed with the freebie.. I immediately dropped $65 bucks to pick up both the Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums and The Drift Pack bundles (both on sale for $50 and $15 respectively). Which gave me nearly 100 more modules over the starter freebies.
The Drift Pack is actually not on sale, that $15 is the (unbelievably low and super crazy) regular price. :D I might even add some more modules to the bundle later, and if that happens, everyone who bought it will get the new additions for free. If that isn't the deal of a lifetime, I don't know what is!? :party: (Sorry for the little marketing blurb.)

Anyway, glad to see so many people joining the VM club! I'm definitely enjoying it, also from a developer's perspective. AFAIK, the Module Designer is unique in the world of software modulars, and if you have some Java & DSP experience, it's quite easy to get started with programming your own modules.

I saw $60.00 scratched out and figured that was the normal price. I guess that's the total of what they'd all cost individually?

Anyway.. great deal, no doubt. Really amazing (must have) modules. :tu:

progtronic wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:11 am I saw $60.00 scratched out and figured that was the normal price. I guess that's the total of what they'd all cost individually?

Anyway.. great deal, no doubt. Really amazing (must have) modules. :tu:
Yep, $60 is what the modules would cost individually, but $15 is the ”regular bundle price”. Glad you like the modules! I have this small obsession with making things slightly random and unstable, and that’s where the idea for the modules came from.

I downloaded the free Nucleus bundle, then bought the Core bundle after a couple days.
I didn't expect the daw integration to be this good. Very nice.

The only thing I feel like I'm missing at the moment is a probability module.

Niowiad wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:30 am The only thing I feel like I'm missing at the moment is a probability module.
Sorry again for going full on marketing mode here, but may I suggest you check out the Probability Router bundle: https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/t ... ter-bundle

Not sure what kind of functionality you need, but if you want to route audio & control signals based on probabilities, these modules will do the job nicely! 8)

is the free version worth getting?

Captain wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:41 am
Niowiad wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:30 am The only thing I feel like I'm missing at the moment is a probability module.
Sorry again for going full on marketing mode here, but may I suggest you check out the Probability Router bundle: https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/t ... ter-bundle

Not sure what kind of functionality you need, but if you want to route audio & control signals based on probabilities, these modules will do the job nicely! 8)
Yup, it looks like that's what I'm after, thanks.
AnX wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:44 am is the free version worth getting?
I pretty much took it as a demo for the "Voltage environment", because I didn't want to get the time limited demo before for a couple of reasons.
I realized it's quite solid and the DAW integration is very good (I couldn't wait for VCV anymore).

The free bundle is super basic, it has all the necessary modules for standard synth sounds and "linear" sequenced patches. Putting aside the more complex and weirder sound source modules, if the objective is to create "twisted" modular patches, the free bundle lacks thing like boolean logic, sequential switches, probability modules.

I was in doubt between the currently discounted $25 and $50 bundles, then I opted for the $50 one because for slightly more money it adds very cool/useful modules such as:
- advanced versions of Oscillator, LFO and EG
- moog-style oscillator and filter
- sequential switches
- quantizer
- external vst host
- sampler

To join Captain in the marketing mode (and I highly recommend his modules by the way, great stuff!), and for those of you interested in chance, randomness and crazy modules, don't forget to check out the Benard module collection. There's over 100 Benard modules available, and they're great for generative music and introducing unpredictability and variation into your patches, as they deal with all sorts of randomness, including random walks (Brownian motion), random number generation, randomly timed triggers, sequencers dealing with randomness, tendency masks, random signal routing, and several chaotic generators and noise sources.

The Mega Bundle Vol.1 and the Mini Modules Bundle are on sale right now, from the already significantly reduced prices of the bundles compared to buying the modules individual. Check them out at: https://store.cherryaudio.com/manufacturers/benard
And you can see some demos here (where I'll be adding more patch break downs and tutorials in the near future): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5m8_ ... XIYdLzXVUA
:tu:

"The Mega Bundle Vol.1 and the Mini Modules Bundle are on sale right now, from the already significantly reduced prices of the bundles compared to buying the modules individual. Check them out at: https://store.cherryaudio.com/manufacturers/benard"

What's the deal with sale prices that are the same as the crossed out price?

I’m very tempted to pick up both of the Benard bundles. This thing is going to end up being as addictive as real Eurorack!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

David wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:53 pm "The Mega Bundle Vol.1 and the Mini Modules Bundle are on sale right now, from the already significantly reduced prices of the bundles compared to buying the modules individual. Check them out at: https://store.cherryaudio.com/manufacturers/benard"

What's the deal with sale prices that are the same as the crossed out price?
Thanks for pointing that out! I'm not sure what that is about, but it's definitely a mistake on Cherry Audio's part. The normal price for Vol.1 is $130, and for the Mini Modules Bundle it is $40. The separate modules would add up to something around $550 and $205 respectively.

still no microtuning?
artie fichelle sounds natural

Return to “Instruments”