Tom' scripts wanted for midi out to Midi Designer

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

I've made an iOS Midi Designer preset for controlling Sugarbytes Turnado. It works fine in Bitwig connected over bluetooth using the Generic keyboard controller script.

However, I'd like to get midi feedback sent back to Midi Designer if I tweak on the Bitwig screen or with another midi controller. I think Thomas Helzle's bi-directional script might work, but all the links to his scripts lead to a dead Github page. Can anyone help me by posting them up somewhere please?

Any other suggestions on how to send midi back to a device are most welcome. I can get it to work in other software, so I know it's not impossible. Is the 'HW Instrument' the correct way to get midi sent externally from a track to a device? Thank you.

Troub99 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:00 pm Any other suggestions on how to send midi back to a device are most welcome. I can get it to work in other software, so I know it's not impossible. Is the 'HW Instrument' the correct way to get midi sent externally from a track to a device?
Generic Flexi (part of DrivenByMoss) allows midi feedback.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JjNaviDS5A

Thanks Moss - I was playing with Generic Flexi yesterday. I can definitely see how useful is, but in this case I don’t want to define/map my controls, I just want to pass note and CC data to Turnado (and back) and use its default mapping. Is that possible in Generic Flexi?

Also, do I need ‘HW instrument’ to send the midi back out?

While I’m here, I’ve been heavily using your Beatstep script, it gives me joy every day, thank you.

Troub99 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:26 am Thanks Moss - I was playing with Generic Flexi yesterday. I can definitely see how useful is, but in this case I don’t want to define/map my controls, I just want to pass note and CC data to Turnado (and back) and use its default mapping. Is that possible in Generic Flexi?
Is this the VST plugin you are talking about with the DIY controller?
Troub99 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:26 am Also, do I need ‘HW instrument’ to send the midi back out?
You only need it to integrate an extenernal synth with MIDI/audio.

Yes, VST turnado plug-in. In this case with midi designer iOS app over Bluetooth from an iPad.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but how is midi from the plugin sent back out if I’m not directing it anywhere in the Bitwig routing?

Troub99 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:53 am Yes, VST turnado plug-in. In this case with midi designer iOS app over Bluetooth from an iPad.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but how is midi from the plugin sent back out if I’m not directing it anywhere in the Bitwig routing?
Hmm, not sure, never had such a use-case. Better write to Bitwig support and see what they suggest.

Ok, thank you, can anyone else re-post Tom's Bidirectional controller script?

Return to “Controller Scripting”