Korg Gadget for PC

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone tried the Korg Gadget collection for PC?

https://www.korg.com/us/products/softwa ... hp#plugins

I've had my eye on this for a while and just found out it's available for PC.

Thanks!

Yea I have it on pc the plugins are nice easy to use and sound good although not all may suit, I for one am not keen on those chip tune type. But overall good and versatile
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

Does the wavestation equivalent have all the functions of the wavestation VST now?

Cool! I actually bit the bullet and got the bundle for PC.

I noticed that the "Chord" function only works from the piano roll on the GUI and not from incoming MIDI, which kind of sucks because it sounds like the chords are pretty good and I can't seem to recreate that sound with the incoming MIDI.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:59 pm Does the wavestation equivalent have all the functions of the wavestation VST now?
probably not.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:59 pm Does the wavestation equivalent have all the functions of the wavestation VST now?
Nope. It's got most of the main controls and all of the presets. So it IS a semi-viable replacement for the Wavestation (unlike Gadget's version of the M1, which is missing all of the combi presets, and is also much more crippled editing wise). So, if you don't edit in any detail, it's likely "enough".

The new layout is very different from the old version, so it is kinda hard to tell what's missing with an initial glance. However, the missing features ARE present in the full iPad version of iWavestation.

Based on that iPad version, if Korg ever implement the new layout for the desktop plugins, you're looking for an edit button underneath the wave name on the mixer tab. This gives access to further tabs called morph / wave / tone / output and mod. These are still missing on the present Gadget version. Otherwise everything else is there.

The PC Gadget plugins now have feature parity with the Mac version. So we'll see if that now frees Korg up to update the Korg Collection plugins..

I emailed the Korg App Team and they said,

"There are currently no plans to implement the chord functionality to work with external midi input, but I will submit a feature request ticket to let the dev team know that there is interest in an update like this."

Return to “Instruments”