ReFX Nexus 3? If it's happening, can we expect preset tagging?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Isn't it as easy as it's Vengeance who made Nexus? Probably they were contracted?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Michael Hartman is a friend of mine and we teamed up in the early 00s to create Nexus together

regarding Nexus 3, I can't say something about this at the moment.

I hope I'm not thought of as 1 of those rude customers... after a small debate with the guys at ReFX they did hint at a possible update, Nexus 3, but the 1 thing I wanted, Sample Accuracy, isn't coming. They get quite defensive over it.

If you use the layers across multiple Nexus, that are meant to appear as 1, you will notice an occasional note will sound different than you intend. You will notice phasing as the layers drift a few ms forward and backwards from each other, ruining the relationship you're trying to create. A random unintended swing. BPMs such as 60, 120, 180 aren't as bad, due to the maths, rounding. Apparently it takes too much CPU but it would be nice to have the option when sample accuracy is needed. Most of us have much better PC's than the days of N2 release.

It's not an issue if each instance appears in the mix as it's own instrument, the unintended swing being a HUMAN EFFECT, no where near as bad as MIDI timing of the hardware days. You wouldn't attempt to layer them in that way and Nexus is the same.

I was struggling for years with this until I realised what it was. It ruins the illusion of oneness when you're trying to create it. Unless overstacking to mask the 1 random off note, all of them crazy phasing, with that phasing as your intention.

Slightly unrelated... When I spotted a timing issue is Avenger Synth, Man had his guy fix it in 4 days*. Instead of hinting it was ME at fault and nobody else (of all the famous users) have complained, cough reFX, it might be a language barrier.

*edit: it was likely due but still an impressive implementation and customer handling.

If it does drop, I'll still buy N3 but no more XP's until Sample Accuracy is acknowledge as an option. I'm seriously hoping he reconsiders. It will fix a lot of my old projects I can't finish, backwards compatibility pending.

Please Please Please!
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

I'd buy Nexus, but I'm not interested in having a USB Licensing Key. I'm done with relying on hardware Licensing Keys. I'm happy with Vengeance for now! I will buy Nexus 3 if it doesn't require a USB Licensing Key.

wow it still sounds like shit, who would have thought

Return to “Instruments”