If I buy a Focusrite product, could I get Fabfilter ProQ3 at a low price ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thinking of buying a Focusrite Calrett 2Pre or Audient id14.
What attracts me to the Calrett is the plugin collective where sometimes you get Fabfilter or Izotope plugins at a discount.

What kind of price has Fabfilter ProQ3 gone for in the past?
(I've seen it at Thomann for about $90 a few months ago). Black Friday price will be around that I think.

And I do have my eye on one or two Izotope products (Nectar, Vocalsynth).
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

I believe it was a 25% discount on Pro-Q2 and Pro-DS. FabFilter also doesn't have a very good black Friday sale. They do 25% off on the total bundle and you can only get discounts on individual products in your user account if you already own Fabfilter plugins. They do have a holiday sale that is better which is usually in the middle of December. It's not very likely that focusrite will bring that discount back before then. They add a new plugin collective deal every 2 months these days and the deal is only available during those two months or if you were a part of the collective during the time of the offer. That being said they will only have 2 plugin collective offers before the holiday sale and they probably won't be FabFilter. Your best bet is to look on the discount sites in december. Even then I think the holiday sale is still just 25% off unless you own FabFilter plugins already. It's not easy to find very bug discounts on their plugins. I own almost every one of their products and my loyalty discount combined with their last sale I still paid about $90 for Pro-G. Great products worth every penny but their pricing requires some patience for most people who want to own them all or even just one.

Notheorem729 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:34 am Great products worth every penny but their pricing requires some patience for most people who want to own them all or even just one.
Thomann had PQ3 for less than $90 a few weeks ago.

MasterTuner wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:43 am
Notheorem729 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:34 am Great products worth every penny but their pricing requires some patience for most people who want to own them all or even just one.
Thomann had PQ3 for less than $90 a few weeks ago.
$90 is the cost to upgrade from Pro-Q 2 to Pro-Q 3. Is it possible that is what you saw? $90 is half off which is more than FabFilter offers. I spent about 2 years watching all the usual sites and ended up buying directly from FabFilter because the prices were better. If they did have Pro-Q 3 for $90 on thomann and it wasn't an upgrade then that is the best deal you will possibly ever see and it's not very likely you will find that deal again. FabFilter usually stick between 15% and 35% and they usually don't offer their big sales to other companies.

Well, just to clarify, I don't remember ever seeing a Fabfilter plugin in Focusrite Plugin Collective.

It was only a 25% discount code.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:38 pm It was only a 25% discount code.
Aaaah, I see.

Well, the 25% discount is not that different of what their offer eventually. But they don't do a lot of promos, really.

Notheorem729 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:01 pm If they did have Pro-Q 3 for $90 on thomann and it wasn't an upgrade then that is the best deal you will possibly ever see and it's not very likely you will find that deal again.
It was April and it was 74 Euro's, I know this because I bought it but you're right probably never going to see it so cheap ever again, glad I got it for such a steal though

Digivolt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:31 pm It was April and it was 74 Euro's, I know this because I bought it but you're right probably never going to see it so cheap ever again, glad I got it for such a steal though
I wonder if Thomann do it again. If it happened once, there's a possibility they might have a similar sale.

hum, there was a 40% promo in april. I see from a message that I sent to a friend that it was € 89.40 on fabfilter, maybe a bit lower on other sites. I bought mine for $168.99 in 2014, through audiodeluxe (very rare I spent that much on a plugin these times, cause I'm way poor than 2014).

Right now, the cheaper way seems to buy in audiodeluxe ($152.15). The good part is that after your first fabfilter plugin you can buy the rest with a good discount (by example, I could buy L2 or Reverb for 113.43 right now).

fabfilter april 2019 40% promo webarchive: http://web.archive.org/web/201904291135 ... .com/shop/

MasterTuner wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:37 pm
Digivolt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:31 pm It was April and it was 74 Euro's, I know this because I bought it but you're right probably never going to see it so cheap ever again, glad I got it for such a steal though
I wonder if Thomann do it again. If it happened once, there's a possibility they might have a similar sale.
I don't know why Thomann was so cheap as the sale was supposed to be 40% off but it was cheaper than going through fabfilter with the bonus they add for owning plugs, I think it was somewhere around 55% off in total at Thomann. Black Friday is probably best chance to get a similar price

Digivolt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:41 pm I don't know why Thomann was so cheap as the sale was supposed to be 40% off but it was cheaper than going through fabfilter with the bonus they add for owning plugs, I think it was somewhere around 55% off in total at Thomann. Black Friday is probably best chance to get a similar price
People should triple check the accuracy of anything this nitwit posts.

jbarish wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:55 am
Digivolt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:41 pm I don't know why Thomann was so cheap as the sale was supposed to be 40% off but it was cheaper than going through fabfilter with the bonus they add for owning plugs, I think it was somewhere around 55% off in total at Thomann. Black Friday is probably best chance to get a similar price
People should triple check the accuracy of anything this nitwit posts.
You must have a real empty life to still have a vendetta against me for posting a wrong code one time for a deal months ago kiddo :clown: really quite pathetic :hihi:

Well at least you're now admitting your idiotic blunder. Before your response was the code must've expired. Moron.

Yeah, it was a 25% discount - no different to Fabfilter's own sales. Still expensive when other viable options are available at a fraction of the price.

How about Toneboosters EQ4?

jbarish wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:05 pm Well at least you're now admitting your idiotic blunder. Before your response was the code must've expired. Moron.
Link?

Unless the thread is spectacular, you might be over-reacting just a touch.

Return to “Effects”