AmpliTube Brian May for Mac/PC, iPhone, iPad Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From Brian’s treble booster to his three-amp live setup and carefully curated effects selection, guitarists can enjoy new amp, cab and stompbox models in a convenient package, along with presets covering his celebrated discography. Each model was created with the supervision of Brian May and his long-time technical team, to carefully replicate his rig.

A key element of Brian’s distinct sound comes from his Red Special guitar that, famously, he hand built with his father in the 1960s from spare parts and household materials. Because the guitar is such an integral part of his rig, IK’s engineers went the extra mile to even create a new stompbox effect that helps simulate the Red Special’s tone and controls. This offers guitarists a more authentic musical experience that pays homage to this living legend.

What’s included in AmpliTube Brian May
Available in convenient desktop app and plug-in for any DAW, AmpliTube Brian May offers up to 11 new models including 2 amps, 3 cabinets, and up to 6 stompbox effects.

Included are unique offerings such as a new pedal modeling Brian’s Red Special guitar and a model of the one-of-a-kind, home-built “Deacy” Amp (with user adjustable battery power!) originally created by Queen bassist John Deacon, after modifying an old radio. Other highlights incorporate his famous triple-amp live setup; tone-shaping effects; and even a harmonizer for nailing those Queen stacked leads in a single take.

Amplifiers
Based on the classic triple VOX® AC30™ setup, the BM 30 offers three amps with the effects chain in a Wet-Dry-Wet configuration to match Brian May’s iconic setup. The BM DK is a model of the small “Deacy” amp that became the trademark sound of many Queen songs.

Cabinets
The 2x12 BM 30 Blue (named the 2x12 BM1 in the Brian May collection for iOS) is a triple cabinet based on the cab section of a VOX AC30 equipped with with Celestion™ Alnico Blue speakers. The 2x12 BM 30 H70 (2x12 BM2 in the Brian May collection for iOS) is with Celestion G12H Anniversary speakers. In addition, the 1x6 BM DK provides the cabinet section of the BM DK amp, featuring a 6” speaker.

Stompboxes
The Red Special, created from a detailed study of Brian May’s famous guitar, helps add the unique tonality and controls of the Red Special itself. Based on the original KAT® Treble Booster, the Treble Booster enriches guitar tone similar to Brian May’s by boosting it before it reaches the amp.

May Wah was based on a rackmount Dunlop® Cry Baby® wah, modeled in the exact configurations Brian May uses to shape his tone, while the FOX Phaser was based on the unique and distinctive sound of the fOXX® Foot Phaser.

Star Gate is a noise gate that helps clean up the signal chain, minimizing the noise feeding Brian’s unique amp and pedal setup.

The iPhone and iPad version, the Brian May Collection (which is inside the existing AmpliTube app) also adds the 30 – a 30-band Graphic EQ, with +/- 15 dB boost per band and a+/- 15dB Level control, to help craft a more exact match of Brian’s tones. This pedal is already included for free in AmpliTube Custom Shop for Mac/PC.

Discography presets
A full set of painstakingly created song-based discography presets were compiled by Jamie Humphries, guitarist for the official Queen stage production “We Will Rock You,” who has also performed with Queen and Brian May. These presets allow users to dial up their favorite Brian May tones instantly and were constructed under Brian’s personal supervision.

Options, pricing and availability
AmpliTube Brian May (for Mac/PC) runs inside AmpliTube Custom Shop, a free download available to all. The new models are available now for purchase as a bundle from the Custom Shop, the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide for $/€99.99 (excl. taxes).

No previous purchase of AmpliTube is required. The new models will show up as an optional purchase for existing users of AmpliTube 4 upon updating to the latest version.

The Brian May Collection (iPhone and iPad) is available via in-app purchase from within AmpliTube CS for iPhone or iPad, for $19.99. Individual models may also be purchased a la carte (Stomp FX - $3.99 each; amps - $6.99 each). All models are also part of IK’s All-In Bundle 2019 collection, which is available for in-app purchase.

Cool product, I look forward to demoing it.
I can't justify spending $100 on more amp sims right now but down the line who knows.

I do wonder how these huge price disparities between plugins and their ios counterparts will work out once you can run ios apps on your Mac with the next os. I'm sure bridging plugins allowing you to use them in your DAW will be right around the corner.

Cool. Now please do the David Gilmour collection!

Given that most of the amps and pedals used by these famous guitarists are already in Amplitube, it would be cool if you guys would do presets packs that didn't necessarily have new gear, but just included presets to match famous songs/albums of an artist, like you did for the Jimi Hendrix album presets. They could be cheaper of course since there wouldn't be new gear but to get the most out of it, you'd need the models authorized that the presets use.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:41 pm Cool. Now please do the David Gilmour collection!

Given that most of the amps and pedals used by these famous guitarists are already in Amplitube, it would be cool if you guys would do presets packs that didn't necessarily have new gear, but just included presets to match famous songs/albums of an artist, like you did for the Jimi Hendrix album presets. They could be cheaper of course since there wouldn't be new gear but to get the most out of it, you'd need the models authorized that the presets use.
I do think Mr. Gilmour would be a much harder one to get officially on board for sure :) As you point out we do have quite a bit of the gear used, thanks in part to our many in-house gearheads. For some great Pink Floyd/David Gilmour tones we have a lot of the gear though two exceptions have been pointed out from time to time - a Binson Echorec and a certain non-Leslie rotary speaker. We do have access to an Echorec thanks to the great and mighty gearmonger Squids and I have to take a closer look at that non-Leslie rotary as I'm not as familiar with how David really used it but there are users (and Gilmourish) that will happily fill in some of the blanks to help.

holy shit. i've been dreaming about a Deacy amp sim since forever. hope this doesn't disappoint.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

oh, great. it's 2019, Windows Vista has been released in 2006 (13 fsckin years ago!), and IK still can't write software that works without admin rights. IK, seriously, what's up with that?! i've first reported this issue a number of years ago (five?), and i keep reporting this every time anything new comes out, and you still refuse to fix it!
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

AmpliTube 4.9.0 doesn't require admin rights to run. Our software has not required it for a very very long time. Please let support know if you are seeing differently.

Edit - I see you've reported it, please send any pertinent ticket numbers and I'll take a look at seeing if this can't be resolved for you.

To clarify, you cannot use for example a "Guest" account or similar as those would not have the proper registry access for things like authorization but that's not unique to IK by any means (see this thread as an example).

Burillo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:19 pm holy shit. i've been dreaming about a Deacy amp sim since forever. hope this doesn't disappoint.
It's well worth the demo, I know I'm not the most un-biased source, but the fact that our team was able to implement the battery level control was insane. When you turn down the level low enough, you really get the break-up and feel like you would with a real dying battery. While that's not usually the effect I'm looking for, I know plenty of artists have found mods to mimic this effect, and I have to say, I love having that kind of control over the headroom. It's also a great go-to cab for re-creating that 'tiny speaker' Lo-Fi sound.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:34 pm AmpliTube 4.9.0 doesn't require admin rights to run. Our software has not required it for a very very long time. Please let support know if you are seeing differently.
Amplitube itself doesn't. Custom Shop does. and since my audio account doesn't have admin rights, Custom Shop runs as another account, and Amplitube can't connect to the Custom Shop to demo gear, because Custom Shop is running as a different user (not same user with elevated rights). i've explained this to your support time and time again, and nothing has been done. i don't have the tickets as i can't see how i can view past support tickets. i'm not bothering doing that again.

I noticed "auto" as a control parameter for the wah. Can you update all the others wah to have this auto envelope control? I use the original AT stock wah all the time cuz of this, responds and sounds great with not having any other parameter to tweak.

Envelope/auto sweep control on things like phasers/flangers would be really awesome too, or anything with a filter control. Maybe we'll see something like Guitar Rigs modifiers in each back tweak panel of a pedal/amp/rack in the next AT5? :pray: :hyper: :love:

Splendid tidings old chap.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

How do you like his hairstyle?

metalifuxx wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:54 pm I noticed "auto" as a control parameter for the wah. Can you update all the others wah to have this auto envelope control? I use the original AT stock wah all the time cuz of this, responds and sounds great with not having any other parameter to tweak.
Looking at our wahs, I see only Wah 10, the Fender Wah, and Slash WahDist that don't have auto as a setting. Those are very specific models so I can see why they wouldn't have it if the original did not.

honestly, i would've expected the Deacy to be much more fizzy. it actually has quite a "normal" sounding cabinet. the "A Winter's Tale" preset is one of the more iconic Deacy sounds, but its signature cutting top end actually appears to have been achieved with an EQ rather than the amp/cab itself (assuming the preset accurately models the real FX chain that was used by Brian May on that track).

Return to “Effects”