Treated my small room with Auralex Project 2 - non-destructively

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have a small studio room (about 2,5m x 3,5m) in a rented apartment. I've recently treated it with the Auralex Project 2 set and the Auralex MoPad XL for my monitors. I am very impressed with how it changed/improved the sound; it's just day and night.

The main challenge was to stick them to the wall in a non-destructive way since I will likely move at some point in the future and I don't want a damaged wall or damaged panels. I've found a solution in the 3M Command strips: the medium sized strips for the 60x60cm wall panels and the large sized strips for the bass traps.

My main concern was if they would stick to the foam material the panels are made of. The answer is: yes, they definitely do
. And yes, they also come off without damaging foam or wall. But no, they are not reusable: once removed from the wall they will loose their stickiness.

Total number of strips needed:

You need 2 pairs (= 4 strips) per panel or bass trap to hang them from the two top corners. You could use 4 pairs ( = 8 strips) to stick all 4 corners but that's overkill really.

24 panels x 4 per panel = 96 medium sized strips (or 48 pairs)
8 bass traps x 4 per trap = 32 large sized strips (or 16 pairs)

That's 128 strips or 64 pairs or 16 packages (4 pairs per package), costing around 100$. Do check the number of pairs in a package since there's different sizes. And remember that you need 1 pair or 2 strips to attach one corner of a panel.

End result:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19umSfs ... sp=sharing

Thought this might be useful if you were thinking on doing the same :)
Cheers!
H.

You will benefit from raising your speakers and putting the tweeter at ear level.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:55 pm You will benefit from raising your speakers and putting the tweeter at ear level.
this helped me back in the day

Little things that are often overlooked / unknown, can make a surprising difference :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

In the mean time I've put some Auralex Mopad XL's under my speakers in an 8 degree up arc, so they're now pointing exactly to my ears ;-)

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”