Free or inexpensive Romplers...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are so many free and inexpensive excellent romplers today.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:13 pm Ok I'll bite why do you like to annoy everyone by bumping old threads ?
Here's a nice quote from the book "Analog Days: The Invention and Impact of the Moog Synthesizer" by Trevor Pinch and Frank Trocco:
"The paradox of history is that significant events are often recognised long after they occur, when it may be too late to recapture what went on and why. In hindsight, all arrows seem to point one way, and we forget that the picture was much more confusing at the time, with myriad road signs pointing in many different directions."
I would like to ask you a question in return: why does bumping old threads annoy you (and many others) so much? For example, the title and topic this post is just as relevant as it ever was, with new ROMplers appearing all the time, now also for iOS.

So all in all, it would be much nicer to get modern answers instead of disparagement. But that's not how these forums work, is it?

Free Romps. Free frolics.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Cone wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:21 am I would like to ask you a question in return: why does bumping old threads annoy you (and many others) so much?
Because often times old threads contain outdated information or have simply run their course and should be left to history. Often times the participants aren't even active members of KVR any longer and have moved on.

For example the OP of this thread hasn't been active since May 2007.

Simply look at my first post in this thread. Someone bumped a 10 1/2 year old thread just to post..."I cant think of any sorry." Totally pointless and you'll notice that member is banned now.

But the bottom line is if you know that "bumping old threads annoy you (and many others)" then it would be better for you not to bump them....... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I like old threads.

Nostalgia.

The OP says "Other than Crystal, I haven't found anything free with as many options as it offers"

Those were the days. :)

SynthMaster Player might be considered as an "inexpensive" ROMpler :)

-and we have plans to make it free for a month this year-
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “Instruments”