Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Caine123 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:56 pm
perfumer wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:02 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:06 pm We offer soundsets and expansions in a price range from €29 to €59. All of them were built by professional designers, contain only hand-picked patches and come with an installer. Please note that most of them contain more patches than conventional sets (100 up to 324 sounds, mostly 200).
I have all but one Nemesis soundsets and frankly am disappointed with the quality of most patches.

Why?

I get the feeling that the designers were not very well familiar with the oscillators and the possibilities they provide, and have compensated by adding effects. Turn those off - especially the reverb wash that's almost in every patch - and what remains is a weak and often irritating oscillator buzz.

Another thing: how many mainstream trance leads do we need, with only minor differences in timbre between this one and that one? Same goes for bass patches that are not even half-way there (yes, it's low frequency, but is it bass?), keys, etc.

Yet another thing - 'realistic', so-called semi-real presets. Organs, trumpets, etc. Those titles are... misleading. :roll:

Not enough experimentation, most things are too traditional and well known, already there in the factory bank. Why did I pay to get more of the same?

With that said, Nemesis is my number 1 synth and thank you Markus for making such a gift to us*. Applause! :clap: :clap: :clap:

* Well, I did buy it, but still consider it a gift.
Here i totally agree. There is too much of edm leads etc. A vst like icarus should present more crazy and complex patches. E.g. 20% bread and butter and the rest the rest ;)
I would very welcome soundset Bundles or also special offers for people who already have bought the synth. There has never been a soundset discount - u-he now has also bundles.
And a very nice offer from avenger was the 5 soundsets bundle from sweetwater during the 50% action.

Wow this looks very impressive! Can you also route filters in serial?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:48 am Wow this looks very impressive! Can you also route filters in serial?
disable the parallel setting and it is serial

pdxindy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:33 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:02 pm I can count around 7-10 people continuesly asking for MPE support (same people every time) in all plugins and DAWs in the KVR forum, so I wonder how high the demand really is.
Linnstruments just passed 2000 in sales. I'm sure there have been significantly more of the Seaboard Rise sold as they have a much bigger company and marketing. Then there are their cheaper controllers and other available options...

That is a helluva lot more than 7-10
Oh, so 2000 people on this forum who also are interested in Icarus 2, that's great!
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

exmatproton wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:59 am
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:48 am Wow this looks very impressive! Can you also route filters in serial?
Yeah... plus there is a wide variety of useful filters!

you also have filter balance but it's currently only reachable by the matrix
destination -> filter1 -> Filter balance

tasty tatsyn wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:03 pm
Ooops, this needs to be improved! Including send amount from oscillators.

perfumer wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:20 pm
send amount is effectively OSC output level. Or do you mean PER FILTER?

LeVzi wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:38 am
tasty tatsyn wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:26 pm we all ahve requests and my main one for Icarus was MSEG's from the start so... i'll let
They used to be mine too, I love using MSEG's for stuff and Alchemy had the best, but well that disappeared, there are other synths with them, but they don't have a sound that I liked, so I am SO happy to see them arriving here. I wish more FX Units had them too.

We need more MSEGS !!!
You can still use Alchemy on a PC. I have it installed right now.

exmatproton wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:42 pm
perfumer wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:20 pm
send amount is effectively OSC output level. Or do you mean PER FILTER?
OSC1 to F1 amount KNOB, and OSC1 to F2 amount KNOB. The same for OSC2 and OSC3.
F1 - F2 Balance KNOB, some even have a Dry-Wet Mix KNOB.

LED radio buttons are not the way to do it. On or Off, really?
Last edited by perfumer on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There could be several different variants to implement this, right off the top of my head I can think of Surge, Largo and Dune.
But whatever way is chosen, would be a lot better than radio buttons.

Yeah a send to Filter1/Filter2 mix per osc would be cool. So the routing would be determined at the osc level rather thanat the filters (like Massive).

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:22 pm Yeah a send to Filter1/Filter2 mix per osc would be cool. So the routing would be determined at the osc level rather thanat the filters (like Massive).
I agree indeed.

I guess it might be hard to fit in the current GUI though as it would be one extra knob per osc and that section is pretty full. I guess it could go somewhere over the waveform display, maybe a corner. I'm not all that fussed about it actually but it would be more versatile no doubt.

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry for not being able to answer to all comments, but i am currently very busy with coding. However i have read all your comments carefully.

Here is an update of what's happening:

- The grid of the MSEGs can be changed in X and Y axis independently
- Added buttons 'snap to grid'
- MSEG shapes can be saved and loaded

- The arpeggiator is now a lot larger and more easy to use.

- The effect section has been reworked

- MPE support will most likely implemented. I ordered a Seaboard and will receive it this week. I will give you feedback if it is worth the investment or not.

- I will do some experiments to enhance the lighting of the GUI.

- The matrix situation will be examined (more slots or a 'VIA option')

- It will be examined if we need more than the modwheel/macro knob

- Skinning is already possible in the current version (exchanging the background image)

Best Regards,
Markus

Return to “Instruments”