Wy have the shreddage strat so much noise and clicky sound in compare to a real strat ?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All the samples have been carefully denoised to actually ENHANCE the signal to noise ratio, and then normalized to common gain. Nobody else objects about the sound or signal to noise ratio.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:53 pm All the samples have been carefully denoised to actually ENHANCE the signal to noise ratio, and then normalized to common gain. Nobody else objects about the sound or signal to noise ratio.
did you not hear that it sound not good with the clean sound too in the last video ? . that nobody else say something to the sound is no argument. many that buy vsti guitars did not know how a real guitar sound, in signal noise ratio, because they have no to compare. have you a real strat to compare ?

its known many developers do not like critic. so many do not spend time to write.

I also have my videos set to not listet. so they are seen only over the forum link. should i make them public so more can write about the sound ?.

but ok, if there buy enough shreddage guitars, they need not enhance. but i not buy. maybe some day a better library come that sound better with good engine from other. if they wish not enhance i can see something positive, because i can save money
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

The sound in your last video is how a normal guitar sounds, it's the difference in tone between a downstroke and an upstroke. They don't sound the same. This is what you get with alternate picking. Signal to noise ratio is perfectly fine. Maybe certain round robins are slightly louder, but that's about it. It's natural.

And yes, I have a real Strat as well, but not with the same pickups, so any comparison would not be valid.

magicmusic: is there another guitar vst with a better signal to noise ratio or one that sounds better to you? I don't think it's fair to compare sample libraries to a real guitar, obviously real guitars offer more flexibility for creative expression so you can make them sound the way you want but I'd like to know if there are better sounding guitar vsts out there. I have only used the ones from acousticsamples.net and so far shreddage seems to have been recorded much better, with a higher signal to noise ratio.

I really have no clue what you think you are hearing.

Do you mean the attack of the pick when you say “clicks”? No two guitarists play the same, so you’ll probably hear a different attack in each piece of software.

Not sure why you’re bringing up signal to noise ratio either - it’s obvious very low from your examples, but of course it can vary between guitars. It becomes a trade off between cleaning up the sound and losing tone, so there’s probably an optimal amount of clean up that can be done and there will still be noise.

Anyway, you can either embrace the noise as a real world instrument sound or use a noise gate. I don’t think you will convince anyone that there is a serious issue with these samples.

He's talking about noise during the sustain, so a noise gate wouldn't help. I think the problem he's experiencing is due to improper gain staging where it's right at the edge of clean and overdrive so it's rapidly turning on and off like a relay switch without enough hysteresis. If the clicks and dirty sounds were coming from Stratus then we'd be able to hear it in the DI sample, I think it's from his amp sim. He should adjust the amp sim input volume (stratus output volume), either turn it down for a consistent clean sound or turn it up for the overdriven sound. It seems to be right on the edge so it's waffling back and forth between the tones and causing dirty clicking sounds.

Got it. Correct gain staging might fix things, especially if there is a significant difference in input level between the various sources.

benjohnson2001 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:35 am He's talking about noise during the sustain, so a noise gate wouldn't help. I think the problem he's experiencing is due to improper gain staging where it's right at the edge of clean and overdrive so it's rapidly turning on and off like a relay switch without enough hysteresis. If the clicks and dirty sounds were coming from Stratus then we'd be able to hear it in the DI sample, I think it's from his amp sim. He should adjust the amp sim input volume (stratus output volume), either turn it down for a consistent clean sound or turn it up for the overdriven sound. It seems to be right on the edge so it's waffling back and forth between the tones and causing dirty clicking sounds.
so you mean i need use higher gain ?. when use higher gain noise is even more worse.in new video i use clean sample from stratus, and i boost with a eq 350 hz (you see the eq in video). now the bad noise can good hear. i never hear such a noise on my real strat or other vsti when i boost with eq. hope you now hear the bad noise in the samples. 1 round robin versions do not contain this bad noise. some round robin versions contain more of this bad noise. and this noise do the clicks and bad sound when use distortion. maybe it is possible to edit the instrument that only good sounds are use and less roundrobin ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTmEZ0TRruo

DI output and another Eq setting that let hear the bad noise even more in sustain. this use no vibrato, and there can hear some few tones are clean in sustain. others have bad noise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTRdf8IOuBc

Maybe this is about the release noise - the sound of a finger lifting off the string/palm mute combo to stop the string sustaining? I hear that in the 7th sample in this latest video. Otherwise, there's a bit of resonance in some of the releases, but that's kinda normal as freqs from one string will resonate others a bit. And maybe the strings were lower on this strat so there's a bit of fret rub on some of the more aggressive (ie louder) samples. All normal from what I can hear, though......
Mac O/S 11.6.5; MBPro 2018 2.2, 560X, 32GB, 1TB
Logic Pro 10.6.3
Scarlett 2i2, Akai MPD218, EMU XBoard 49

dven wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:16 pm Maybe this is about the release noise - the sound of a finger lifting off the string/palm mute combo to stop the string sustaining? I hear that in the 7th sample in this latest video. Otherwise, there's a bit of resonance in some of the releases, but that's kinda normal as freqs from one string will resonate others a bit. And maybe the strings were lower on this strat so there's a bit of fret rub on some of the more aggressive (ie louder) samples. All normal from what I can hear, though......
The stop noise or pick noise i mean not. i mean the sustain. fret rub is maybe on the beginning but later the string movement is lower, so fret rub should not possible. the bad noise continue the whole note on the bad samples.

here is video so can hear a compare between evolution stratosphere and shreddage stratus. such a bad noise ca not hear in stratusphere and other guitars i hear. both use same EQ setting and both use Neck pickup. you can hear on shreddage stratus at sec 26 sec a strange sustain sound . on sec 30 i switch back to evolution stratusphere and there is no strange sound hear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PagFZhC7bkE .strange is the first 3 note play after to stratus switch sound ok. but it depend on round robin version. when play the A on 2. string sound ok too. I tend to say problem noise on stratus is only 1. string.

OK. I think I might be hearing a shorter than optimal loop in the release on the high E string. Its like a fast beat frequency almost. Is that the issue? Noticeable around the 20 second mark or so.
Mac O/S 11.6.5; MBPro 2018 2.2, 560X, 32GB, 1TB
Logic Pro 10.6.3
Scarlett 2i2, Akai MPD218, EMU XBoard 49

Yes this is the problem. it is hear on clean sound too. And when increase the amp distortion it sound more horrible clicky. this clicky sound is also in the shreddage humbucker guitars hear. really strange what they do.here i have a video (use no EQ)that use full gain and gain setting 4. when use gain setting 4 it distort only short and is crunchy. but it sound not clicky. my older distortion videos use gain 7. this show how it sound with gain 10, to show that it not switch between clean and distort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqvdiuPS9IY

Keep in mind drastic EQ can change phase and accentuate bad resonances that would otherwise be at a low enough level to be acceptable. You say you have no EQ here but who knows what kind of crazy stuff you're doing, it would be better if you gave clear instructions so anyone can reproduce it. For example say something like open up the default patch, use note C4 with velocity 112 or whatever. In these videos I have no idea what velocities you're using or what kind of effects you have in the chain, we just have to take your word for it.

For example say something like open up the default patch, use note C4 with velocity 112 or whatever. In these videos I have no idea what velocities you're using or what kind of effects you have in the chain, we just have to take your word for it.
how often should i write this. you ask this some days ago and i write this
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:33 pm
you can see in the video which note i play. its A on 1. string. it doesnt matter which velocity the note is play(i use 127 vel), it sound mostly clicky and noisy when use same high gain distortion on stratus. only on 1 round robin version sound better. I have also upload a video with the DI samples. but of course this sound not so worse because when use no distortion low signal noise ratio is not so good hear as when use more distortion...but i can not compare how other vsti sound so i use a amp setting that have simular gain as brit power lead from shreddage free snapshot
with its A i mean the note A. and all videos show this with note A. other notes sound a little better as the A.

In the post from Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:24 pm you can see and read that i use stratus snapshot brit power lead. only for compare between other guitar vst i use bias amp to have same amp for all guitars. and worse clicky it sound only with stratus. i use the EQ to boost the noise so you hear it better in the clean guitar. I hear it without EQ boost only in stratus.and with Eq boost i hear it very much on stratus but not on other Vsti or real strat.

to test you can play a A on 1. string and use brit power lead from shreddage strat free and you hear the sound yourself that it is often clicky. if you use very low velocity or full velocity doesnt matter, always clicky and noisy

edit: a little mistake i do in my last videos, because i forget to deactivate my speaker correction. but this does not change that the stratus sound Note A clicky and noisy

Return to “Impact Soundworks”