best sampler for mac (au)?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thank so far for the info/opinions

i'm leaning towards machfive so far..but the price is a bit high for me...so i don't know..
i played a bit with kontakt and don't like the userinterfase (in the short time i tested it). Cronox looks not bad... maybe i should play some more with it...
why isn't there a nice sampler with a reasonable price without al does gigantic libraries as i just want to do my own sampling

regards,

pieck101 wrote: why isn't there a nice sampler with a reasonable price without al does gigantic libraries as i just want to do my own sampling
This one will maybe do the job ?

www.kvraudio.com/get/80.html

I've known about VSamp, but I must admit I haven't taken it seriously. I think it is primarily a sample player, I don't know about the synthesis side. Also modulation (lack of it?) could be a concern. But definitely one to try, and also very cheap.

i am using kontakt2 and it works fairly well. it took them quite a while to get the major bugs out but, though. i hope they soon will release it for the intel macs too.
i also use sample libraries by eastwest for example, and i can handle them all easily in kontakt instead of their own included player "kompakt" which is quite buggy.

I have Reason, Logic, and Live.. I think Kontact for sample mangling, and VSamp for straight sampling are the way to go. You can map samples in VSamp, and it's so CPU light it's not funny!

A bump, just to yank the chain of anyone who's that way disposed. Think that HALion is now at version 6, and Steinberg still say that the AU version is not all together, or something to that effect. But as it happens, KONTAKT is also at version 6, and I guess it is now the de facto Mac AU "sampler". Of course, if you're a Logic Pro X user, there's EXS mkII and also Alchemy.

I would say Kontakt. I have other AU samplers, but don't really use any others.

I use Kontakt for sound library playback. It's obviously powerful for sound design otherwise there wouldn't be some many Kontakt based "synths" out there, but I don't really feel it for that, I always end up using Falcon for my own sample mangling. Iris 2 for it's specific targeted subtractive audio cutting.

Everybody's still here! It's amazing!

Probably Geist as it actually samples.

Kontakt
TAL Sampler

I like using Sitala and recently bought Nuance to do things that Sitala can't while still being a lean and streamlined plugin. I think it's finally scratched my itch for getting a Simpler-style sampler in Logic.

Check Bliss sampler https://www.discodsp.com/bliss/
It can host and sample VST instruments in your AU DAW too.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”