Free or inexpensive Romplers...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can't wait for SampleTank 3 - I bet it'll be awesome!

SQ8L is the first thing i think of in terms of a good, free rompler

but also a good example of a great virtual synth crippled by the desire to emulate
the hardware synth's control interface.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Bump away, it's still relevant I guess.
Anyway, NI players are awesome kit for free, Kontakt factory selection etc.
M-audio give Air's Xpand 2 away with their cheap MIDI controllers - in fact, given Xpand costs $99 (unless there's a sale on) it's almost worth buying the controller and ebaying the hardware on after registering the plug!
Also, the last 10 years have seen some incredible synths for free and they would cover far more than the usual generic workstation synth palette.
Plus, as a Logic user of 12 years or so, the big DAW packages these days are excellent in terms of free bundled content.
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

http://www.zampler.de/ - actually it's SFZ sample player, but if you download some SFZ libraries (beat magazine, computer music freebies) then , it'll be rompler ;)

also, buying Computer Music Magazine (cheap ! :) ) is very nice option:
- Synthmaster CM
- Dune CM
Great, simplified synths with some factory presets.

Also, you can use so called players (mostly not free, but again cheap):
- Synthmaster Player
- Camel Audio Alchemy Player (i guess not available anymore)
- AAS Player

D N A wrote:http://www.zampler.de/ - actually it's SFZ sample player, but if you download some SFZ libraries (beat magazine, computer music freebies) then , it'll be rompler ;)

also, buying Computer Music Magazine (cheap ! :) ) is very nice option:
- Synthmaster CM
- Dune CM
Great, simplified synths with some factory presets.

Also, you can use so called players (mostly not free, but again cheap):
- Synthmaster Player
- Camel Audio Alchemy Player (i guess not available anymore)
- AAS Player

Actually, Dune BE is better than CM version and it can be downloaded from Beat drive for free after free registration. The only thing that Dune BE is missing is the FX section afaik.

What about UVI Workstation? Especially if you scored the Digital Synsations library they gave away a couple weeks ago.

Armadillo wrote:Basically I think your options are:
Sampletank 2 XL,
Ravity,
Hypersonic
and Sonic synth 2.

Compared to a Motif they are all pretty cheap.
Compared to a Motif, Omnisphere is pretty cheap.

BTW, Crystal isn't a ROMpler, is it? Pretty sure it's a synth that has always been classed as an alternative to Absynth.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: Compared to a Motif, Omnisphere is pretty cheap.
-B
Compared to Omnisphere, HALion Sonic is cheaper, and is closer to Motif, IMO. Probably the best ROMpler available (IMO). The new Rapture Pro from Cakewalk is also a very good ROMpler (if you don't care to edit it).
Fernando (FMR)

KingClarkie wrote:Can't wait for SampleTank 3 - I bet it'll be awesome!
I see what you did there. Thanks for the bump, it IS quite awesome and you get a lot for free. A link for those interested: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3free :)

What goes around comes around: I just bought a Roland JV-1080 off eBay, so there. It's a "computer", it has software, so it's a kind of soft synth, right? (I just love to bump old threads, ask me why.)

Teksonik wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:36 pm EDIT: God Dammit.....I just realized this thread is 10 and a half years old. ....
14 and a half years old now. :D

I see what I did here. You're all welcome. :-)

Cone wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:26 pm (I just love to bump old threads, ask me why.)
Ok I'll bite why do you like to annoy everyone by bumping old threads ?

Please don't make a habit of it............ :dog:

(yes I just bumped an old thread)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I love the unearthing of archaeological threads.
:D

This one is three thousand years old:
:party:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Looks like Wusik Station is 70% off today, for a modern rompler. Korg Legacy M1 is also half price right now.

Return to “Instruments”