Just closing derailed threads is not the solution...

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:30 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:48 pm Thanks for reminding me! :hihi:
I miss the old KVR. It was just One Ping Only gags then.
wait ... wait ... i know this one !..

“ one ping to rule them all , one ping to find them , one ping to bring them all ,
and in the darkness bind them . ”

Reefius wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:09 pm I was talking about the people who kept going with the ot stuff, even after multiple warnings from Hink.

Anyway, I just got annoyed that it seems to be impossible to have a proper thread here about Massive X.
I appreciate that, it should be possible tbh if people would just understand when enough is enough. Going OT is healthy for any thread in moderation, it's needed and because he posted on this as well I will point out that vurt, just like many, many other members (including myself) have used snark as a tool to thwart a thread from going nuclear. (some people dont even know they're doing it)

What sometimes ends up happening though is that people get a good laugh from such a joke, then another person uses it a little different, it gets a few more laughs, it goes KvR viral and before you know it it's not funny anymore, it's obnoxious, people try to get back on topic, the same lame jokes come back, people ask a legit question about the software and it goes a page goes by with no responses, but 15 more renditions of a dead joke. People including myself ask to get back on topic, more of the same joke because someone hasn't had their turn yet or enough turns.

The thread gets locked and someone has to come in on the first few posts with the same joke, despite knowing the other thread was locked for that reason...new thread, the joke has got to be funny right? And this time they get to be the first one to tell the joke.

My point is, joking and all is fine and jeez look who is saying this...my sense of humor is legen...

[wait for it]...

dairy (cheesy) 8)

When it comes to a bit o' silliness, we all need it but also know when enough is enough. When a thread is about a topic that loses it's identity to the point it becomes about the joke and the joke is as played and dead, so perhaps is the thread. :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I miss Babya and Jack Dark.

:insert elton john pooping pic:

Sure we can all use a good laugh from time to time, but some people don't have a sense of humor imho.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

C'mon, Hink, your sense of humor is a-maize-ing...

looks like Greenland has been relisted on ebay

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:59 pm C'mon, Hink, your sense of humor is a-maize-ing...
Yes, if humor on KVR had ranks similar to the army, then Hink would be at least a kernel...

Forgotten wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:09 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:59 pm C'mon, Hink, your sense of humor is a-maize-ing...
Yes, if humor on KVR had ranks similar to the army, then Hink would be at least a kernel...
:roll: Corny.

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:12 pm
I barley understood any of that.

Unaspected wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:18 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:12 pm
I barley understood any of that.
Is this going to turn into one of those cereal jokes...?

AnX wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:08 pm looks like Greenland has been relisted on ebay
good stuff, sounds like my kind of place...

I'm beginning to think Massive X is a street name for PCP.
Wikipedia wrote:PCP may cause hallucinations, distorted perceptions of sounds, and violent behavior.

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 pm
AnX wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:08 pm looks like Greenland has been relisted on ebay
good stuff, sounds like my kind of place...

Looks cool ... :hihi:

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Site Stuff”