Just closing derailed threads is not the solution...

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm talking about the Massive X threads in the Instruments forum. Instead of just closing threads like that, all off-topic nonsense should be deleted and the users responsible for it should at least receive a warning. And if that doesn't help use more drastic measures going from temporarily revoke posting rights to temp bans and in the worst case permbans.

Sure we can all use a good laugh from time to time, but some people just don't know when to quit. Closing a thread won't stop them, they just continue in other threads.

:shrug: closing threads because they veer off topic seems bizarrely prescriptive for a public online forum about music software. Would there be a seperate forum where the train of thought would be less rigidly enforced?
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Reefius wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:10 pm I'm talking about the Massive X threads in the Instruments forum. Instead of just closing threads like that, all off-topic nonsense should be deleted and the users responsible for it should at least receive a warning. And if that doesn't help use more drastic measures going from temporarily revoke posting rights to temp bans and in the worst case permbans.
People did receive a warning - they just chose to ignore it.

Reefius wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:10 pm Instead of just closing threads like that, all off-topic nonsense should be deleted and the users responsible for it should at least receive a warning. And if that doesn't help use more drastic measures going from temporarily revoke posting rights to temp bans and in the worst case permbans.
Agreed.

This forum should be more like a dictatorship. Let's completely discourage open and frank discussion, and the opinions of any others, and completely stamp out any forms of dissent.

:dog:
Last edited by Ben H on Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

OP seems to have a problem if threads got derailed and turn into comedy for so many consecutive pages. I'm just glad not to be interested in NI Massive X. :wink:

maybe there should be a label for off-topic posts so people could skip past them or hide them
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Just ignore them. People tend to stop posting shit when they don't get the attention/reaction that they crave.

And if you are incapable of just skipping over those posts then use the forum ignore (Add foe) function.

:shrug:
Last edited by Ben H on Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Just rename the thread title so it matches the new direction -- it's instantly On Topic!!
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Mods are free to do as they like, imo, don't even really need to justify there actions to close a thread, just a "for whom it may concern" to the OP in a pm or something would be appreciated. Like, hey man, it was a good run, but closing your thread, tough luck :hihi: (this would have been enough to satisfy me). My thread was closed without so much of a peep as to why. For all I know, maybe it was a mistake and I did something to close the thread? If so, sorry guys :oops:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Reefius wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:10 pm I'm talking about the Massive X threads in the Instruments forum. Instead of just closing threads like that, all off-topic nonsense should be deleted and the users responsible for it should at least receive a warning. And if that doesn't help use more drastic measures going from temporarily revoke posting rights to temp bans and in the worst case permbans.

Sure we can all use a good laugh from time to time, but some people just don't know when to quit. Closing a thread won't stop them, they just continue in other threads.
it wasnt the good natured ot stuff that got them locked, it was the bickering between users, well in two out of 3 cases anyway.

look at the threads, the final warnings from hink where about "you statements" because when i was asked to leave the ot stuff out i did.

but yes, you're right, i should be permabanned for talking nonsense. its such a crime in this day and age, when the whole world makes so much sense...

It's a lot of work, removing offtopic posts from every thread. The mods are not reading everything, just when notified. And don't get paid much. So lets be realistic.

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:58 pm but yes, you're right, i should be permabanned for talking nonsense. its such a crime in this day and age, when the whole world makes so much sense...
Well if you're offtopic all the time, then..........

perfumer wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:03 pm It's a lot of work, removing offtopic posts from every thread. The mods are not reading everything, just when notified. And don't get paid much. So lets be realistic.

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:58 pm but yes, you're right, i should be permabanned for talking nonsense. its such a crime in this day and age, when the whole world makes so much sense...
Well if you're offtopic all the time, then..........
tbh, i rarely am ot, it's all about perspective.

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:58 pmbut yes, you're right, i should be permabanned for talking nonsense.
Yes I think vurt should be made to wear a permaband.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:07 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:58 pmbut yes, you're right, i should be permabanned for talking nonsense.
Yes I think Vurt should be made to wear a permaband.
:party: and nothing else!

I was talking about the people who kept going with the ot stuff, even after multiple warnings from Hink.

Anyway, I just got annoyed that it seems to be impossible to have a proper thread here about Massive X.

Return to “Site Stuff”