Tone2 I2 vs Trueno Analog

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Trueno

Teksonik wrote:Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:14 pm KVR has devolved into one "what's your favorite" or "this versus that thread" after another.
:dog:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Goony wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:15 pm
Auplant wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:21 am
omiroad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:01 am It's an incorrect definition of oversampling, no matter the context.
How else would you describe oversampling to a casual reader without forcing DSP terminology on them? I doubt the average reader would even care that much.
The average reader does care when someone is clearly making things up. Guessing!! He is having a laugh.
I think he's muddling up oversampling with interpolation.

give me the Tone2 synth, I have no more free USB ports :lol:

Oscillators: Trueno has real analog oscillators, whereas I2 has the top-of-the-line HQ wavetable oscillators. Can I2 sound just as analog as Trueno? With matched or superior quality? Does oversampling make it possible? Does Trueno's DAC degrade it's own sound quality, or does it still sound higher in quality due to it's analog circuits?

Filters:
Trueno has an authentic filter, however Tone2 is well known for their high quality filters. It's developer is famous for that, even going back to reFx Vanguard, his filters are amazing. I2 has the best Tone2 filters, but can they compete with Trueno's real analog filters?

Effects:
Both Trueno and I2 use software effects, however I2 has better quality and a far greater selection.

DRM:
Trueno needs no DRM (but it is technical equivalent of a dongle) and Tone2 I2 only uses a serial keyfile.

Physicality:
If Trueno breaks, you up a creek without a paddle. Only one instance at a time. Whereas I2 can be saved on an external hd and installed everywhere, and of course, can load as many instances as your machine allows. However Trueno is portable and can replace other inexpensive hardware synths.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Do tone 2 syths still have terribe decay and release envelopes, that end abruptly? This was the case with all their synts. Has this been fixed? If not, why even make such a comparison?

The problem you refer to did only affect Gladiator and has been fixed long ago in a free update. It was not audible under normal conditions and no single other user except you complained about it.
Try harder next time... :roll:

Electra, Rayblaster and so on. They all have this issue. Try harder to fix this. Tone2 synths are the ony one suffering from this...

Oh not again this shit... :D

I remember i posted some screenshots from Electra2 about it. Don't even remember how it turned out, back then.

Well if something like this is true why not post proof.... then the devs can check it out. My old issue was also fixed but i can understand devs when people just post something without any proof. Screens, videos and or sound examples. All possible with the internet era...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:54 pm proof. Screens, videos and or sound examples.
+1

Come on, Igro, you're making a bold statement. Back it up!

Igro wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:39 pm Electra, Rayblaster and so on. They all have this issue. Try harder to fix this. Tone2 synths are the ony one suffering from this...
i don't find them that bad at all, compared to other (totl) synths. Best envelope award still goes to Spire (imho), but T2 synths aren't buggy in the env. section at all

perfumer wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:00 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:54 pm proof. Screens, videos and or sound examples.
+1

Come on, Igro, you're making a bold statement. Back it up!
If you care for some counter proof, here's 2 pictures of Icarus, from the amp decay and release stage, each set to about 2 seconds.

Amp decay:
Icarus_amp_decay_2sec.jpg
Amp release:
Icarus_amp_release_2sec.jpg
Nothing out of the ordinary there, IMO. I think Igro just has a pretty rusty axe to grind.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I just cheked in Saurus and Icarus 1.6. And it was indeed improved (the cut is now around -76db. It was not the case before). The last time I checked (when these two synths were just released) the decay had a steep cut at the end. So here I must take my words back (take it as apologise). However, Pigments, for instance, has a smother ending. But it it good to see that some work has been performed considering the issue.

I remember the original discussion now. I didn't remember that i had to increase the resolution/amplitude to check. But, if you say that it's alright now, then i take it. :) Surely sounds alright now to me.

Let's not forget that Icarus is twice the price of Trueno so it needs to offer a lot more. The other thing is that I already have half-a-dozen VSTi like Icarus, all of which were cheaper, I didn't really have anything like Trueno until I bought it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”