Hornet vst Euclidian Sequencer...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone we have just updated HATEFISh RhyGenerator, the euclidean step sequencer to version 1.1.0.

This update is free for owners of the plugin and includes:
  • Added standalone app version.
  • Added colours to modes to quickly identify the mode of each sequencer.
  • Added "shift" for each sequencer to shift the events for the chosen number of steps.
  • Added "speed" option to make each sequencer move faster or slower.
  • Fixed crash with Logic Pro x.
  • Fixed crash with Pro Tools.
  • Switched plugin mode to VSTi so it can be more easily used.
The update can be downloaded from the user area on https://www.hornetplugins.com

Thank you!
Saverio

ps. not listed in the changelog just because i forgot, we also split note and octave selection in two different dropdowns

Thank you very much! You are a mensch.

sleepcircle wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:39 pm Thank you very much! You are a mensch.
:D

Would someone educate me on how to use this in Logic?

If someone knows how to use this in Waveform 10 or Bitwig 3 and could share, that'd be helpful as well.

Thanks!
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

dlandis wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:05 pm If someone knows how to use this in Waveform 10 or Bitwig 3 and could share, that'd be helpful as well.

Thanks!
Just have Waveform 9, but likely the same. Basic test
Put the sequencer on a track.
Put a sound generating module on another track.
Select the input of the second track to be the output of the first.
HateFishInWaveform9.gif
(Since multi outs available from the sequencer, I would set up a VST rack for the second using a multi-timbral vst.
viewtopic.php?t=515470
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Okay, I got it. "Play" has to be ON. Somehow, I missed that.

Dummy me. :dog:

I'll check the VST3 now.

NTO wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:02 am
dlandis wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:05 pm If someone knows how to use this in Waveform 10 or Bitwig 3 and could share, that'd be helpful as well.

Thanks!

Just have Waveform 9, but likely the same. Basic test
Put the sequencer on a track.
Put a sound generating module on another track.
Select the input of the second track to be the output of the first.
HateFishInWaveform9.gif
(Since multi outs available from the sequencer, I would set up a VST rack for the second using a multi-timbral vst.
viewtopic.php?t=515470

Thanks much for answering! I actually worked it another way (and this may be one step simpler).

I just loaded up a VST (Battery 4 is what I used first; I'm sure this doesn't matter at all, just saying) and just loaded Hatefish in front of it. Worked like a champ. The way you did it would work great to control several VSTs set to different channels as well.
Hatefish fix.png
My guess is that this will work in Bitwig essentially the same way.

I just have to remember to turn on "Play". :pray:

Thanks for the quick answer and graphic. Much appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yep, basically the same approach in Bitwig. Very intuitive (if one remembers to leave "Play" ON).

(I won't mention that again, I promise.)
Bitwig Hatefish fix.png

Bodhisan wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:58 pm Would someone educate me on how to use this in Logic?
Simply create an instrument track then you can choose RhyGenerator from the list of midi effects

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:56 am
Bodhisan wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:58 pm Would someone educate me on how to use this in Logic?
Simply create an instrument track then you can choose RhyGenerator from the list of midi effects

Saverio
Yes, that was the first thing I tried. No audio comes out, however, when I play my midi keyboard. When I disengage Hatefish, audio resumes. There's got to be something obvious I'm doing wrong. And the midi FX is the only option Hatefish shows up in.

Edited: I've tried hitting play and/or record, and Logic crashes every time.

Bodhisan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:10 am

Saverio
Yes, that was the first thing I tried. No audio comes out, however, when I play my midi keyboard. When I disengage Hatefish, audio resumes. There's got to be something obvious I'm doing wrong. And the midi FX is the only option Hatefish shows up in.

What is your Logic X/OS X version?
Its working here doing e.g.:
-Instantiate Retro Synth
-Add Hatefish
-Press play

@Saverio
The problem I'm having using Arp. mode:
Its like Hatefish never "purge" notes, i.e.he's adding/stacking them.
Stopping/Returning back to measure 1 doesn't "update" Arp. notes making it useless in this mode.
Tried playing notes live and also sequencing them with no success.

nordickvr wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:08 pm
Bodhisan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:10 am

Saverio

What is your Logic X/OS X version?
Its working here doing e.g.:
-Instantiate Retro Synth
-Add Hatefish
-Press play
OS X: 10.13.6
Logic: 10.4.6

I think I'm doing what you're doing - loading up a synth (I just tried Retro Synth), then loading Hatefish as a midi FX. Press play, and...crash.

And obviously I've never used a plugin like this - none of the other midi fx choices I have require you to hit play to work, so - even when I get this to not crash Logic, how do I record with it? The example I saw on youtube (using Logic), now that think about it, had no midi notes recorded - just audio coming out. I would assume I hit record instead of play?

Bodhisan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:38 pm
[/post]

OS X: 10.13.6
Logic: 10.4.6

I think I'm doing what you're doing - loading up a synth (I just tried Retro Synth), then loading Hatefish as a midi FX. Press play, and...crash.
Weird, exact same config over here.
Had this exact issue with former version of Hatefish, v1.1.0 fixed it.
I'm mostly sure you'v already tried a uninstall/reinstall/restart, but just in case...

Return to “Effects”