Drum libraries ready to go

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys

I use Cubase Pro 5 with Groove Agent SE. I'm not really happy with the drum sound selection. I know there are plenty of resourses around but it's really challenging to try them all, so I'd like to ask for your insight.

What are good drums libraries, that are ready and good without a lot of touching? I know about Superior Drummer, but I don't really need all this extra staff. Just some good selection of drums set, snare, kick etc... for pop/soul/r'n'b music (no electro/tekno stuff).

Thank you for your help

Ez drummer and Steven Slate drums. Probably many Kontakt libraries - there is an endless sea of Kontakt libraries...

Edit: I don't think much modern pop/rnb etc uses realistic drums, it sounds like drum machine/vst samples.

If you upgrade to Komplete 11 you'll get all the kits which will give you a huge selection of one shots and drums. Otherwise Battery has a massive library of samples

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Based on what you're looking for... Wave Alchemy Drumvolution

If you have Kontakt, umLaut Audio's uBEAT Hip Hop is great
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

JiggSaw wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:40 am Based on what you're looking for... Wave Alchemy Drumvolution
Yeah, er, no:
OP wrote:for pop/soul/r'n'b music (no electro/tekno stuff).

anomandaris1 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:25 am Ez drummer and Steven Slate drums. Probably many Kontakt libraries - there is an endless sea of Kontakt libraries...

Edit: I don't think much modern pop/rnb etc uses realistic drums, it sounds like drum machine/vst samples.

I think you were right first time: a quick look at their post history suggests OP seems more interested in traditional pop/soul than 2019 Top 30.

If not EZ Drummer, then it may probably mean using full Kontakt. Handheld MAD RocknFunk and Realitone's Realidrums are good candidates for drums that don't need a lot of work. Realidrums is a Kontakt Player library so doesn't need full Kontakt. MAD does need full Kontakt IIRC.

Or do the upgrade to Groove Agent 5 as mentioned above.

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:53 am
JiggSaw wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:40 am Based on what you're looking for... Wave Alchemy Drumvolution
Yeah, er, no:
Just curious... have you used it? It absolutely has sounds and kits geared toward pop, soul, and r&b. Just listen to demos on the page.

Native Instruments - Battery 4

Disclaimer - I'm not sure what passes for pop/soul/r'n'b music these days.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

You mentioned drum libraries. However people are posting libraries and their associated players. So, with that, I will recommend BFD3. I recently put together a couple tracks that demo BFD. Here they are. The nice thing about BFD is that it also comes with a lot of patterns. These tracks are made with some of the factory patterns. BFD not only plays back the samples but also determines the right articulations to play depending on what is going on in the pattern. It's very effective...

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/jazz-kit/s-CcCfW

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/fa ... ng/s-jRmbU

JiggSaw wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:31 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:53 am
Yeah, er, no:
Just curious... have you used it? It absolutely has sounds and kits geared toward pop, soul, and r&b. Just listen to demos on the page.
I've got Drumvolution. If you put the word "future" in front of all those, then yes. But the OP's post history and the fact they were looking at Superior Drummer as well as the no electro/tekno thing says to me they are after more acoustic sounds - ie oldskool soul and pop.

Return to “Instruments”