2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:38 pm This year I've bought an IK UNO Synth, Behringer Deepmind 12D, Behringer UMC404HD and an Akai MPK Mini Mk II.

Still have one input free on the interface :party: I'm thinking about populating it with a Monologue, but probably won't be this year.
Well I lied, doubly. I didn't end up waiting until next year, and I didn't get a Monologue. It was a close call, but in the end I felt it overlaps somewhat with the UNO, at least on a purely technical level (2 VCO's, 2-pole filter). I also considered a few digital synths, but since I want to keep my hardware setup as minimal as possible, I decided to focus on analogue.
After too many hours watching synth videos I actually bought the SE-02. The Boog was a close second, and it basically came down to patch memories, digital tuning and some more features on the SE-02 vs bigger knobs and switches on the Boog.

gaf_thit wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:34 am Hmm, a bit temporally disjointed, but as far as I remember, I've bought a Polyend + Medusa, a Behringer Neutron, a cheap Danelectro Fab Tone, a BBE 482 sonic maximizer and an ART Pro MPA II preamp... and I haven't hooked up any of them yet... rough year so far. The room is ready now, though.
Bought a Linnstrument again, Alesis Midiverb 4, Micromonsta, an el-violin and probably some things I've already forgotten... Just a buyer at the moment, haven't spent time with this... I don't know what I'm doing anymore. Planning for time to come.

+ Ebow+

Bought one of these during the labor day sale:

"Maze is a versatile routing and mixing matrix. That allows you to create your own touchpad of patch presets. Each routing position has been equipped with an attenuverting VCA so it can be used for signal distribution and attenuversion."

https://www.livestockelectronics.com/maze

nice!

I had a Nord Rack 2 in storage that I totally forgot about. I'm not sure it was mine but none of my friends have claimed it. I may have gotten it in trade for a computer just before I moved to the valley. :shrug:
Anyway, it's kinda like new gear!

I got the Kronos X, which is now being repaired. I'm nearly done building the last of the 8 (!) DIY 500 series modules I've been building... oh yeah, did I mention the API 5500 I got to go with my old 2500? September is going to be a busy month for reorganizing the ol' patch bays.

I'll post in more detail about the 500-series stuff, once I have them calibrated and racked up.

cool. look forward to hearing and seeing it all :tu:

I finally got me some brains...
a bit late in the life journey... but hey
better late than never...
and I got pressure points...
just keep the pressure going... nice )))

and had to succumb to another power unit...
all above housed in a shoe box...
which means....

yup... another rail will be on order soon.

A few weeks ago I added a noise engineering Mimetic Digitalis
and tomorrow, arriving by DPD a Klavis Logica XT.

@pekbro... nice unit ))

justin3am wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:00 pm
I'll post in more detail about the 500-series stuff, once I have them calibrated and racked up.
Look forward to that...
I'm more an old sound engineer than musician... so love real audio kit...
I've had some lovely kit going back 1970/80's

just memories now :lol:

also looking forward to the same from you toonerotik :hihi:

too close to baby and the pound just got f**ked so im stalled for now :cry: but :hyper: for baby obviously :D

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:30 pm also looking forward to the same from you toonerotik :hihi:

too close to baby and the pound just got f**ked so im stalled for now :cry: but :hyper: for baby obviously :D
baby's due in October, if I remember correctly...

not long now :tu:

yup... I want to fill my rack before the Doris_day_j_son fcks up... again!

most of the new stuff I have bought is not voices... but tools to allow for more varied performance...

Still trying to nail my style... had some good and some disasters as well... ofc... :hyper:

but... progress has been made )))

Just pre-ordered Black Corporations Xerxes

New PC arrived yesterday (almost 4 hours after the end of the 4-hour long delivery window) and I started the tedious process of converting it from being Microsoft's machine to my own. (Lots of settings, Chrome, Open Shell, Notepad++, proper drivers, etc.)

I thought I was really going minimal on the number of plugins I had planned to install on the new machine... but actually installing and activating their registrations makes me think I could have skipped a lot more :hihi:

I decided I'm going for one of Expert Sleepers' ADAT solutions, either ES-8 or ES-3/ES-6 depending on bargains/opportunities. Knobcon is next weekend though, so I'm gonna check out some gear before picking stuff out specifically. I'm definitely going to monopolize a Mimeophon at the first opportunity, and Synthesis Technology has pre-announced a new frequency domain stereo effect module that I hope they'll be demoing.

toonertik wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:47 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:30 pm also looking forward to the same from you toonerotik :hihi:

baby's due in October, if I remember correctly...

not long now :tu:

yup... I want to fill my rack before the Doris_day_j_son fcks up... again!

most of the new stuff I have bought is not voices... but tools to allow for more varied performance...

Still trying to nail my style... had some good and some disasters as well... ofc... :hyper:

but... progress has been made )))
yeah october, but looks more like it will be sooner tbh :o

may just pull the plug on the super cell though. rather than wait for the pound to sink further :cry:

My GAS has officially run out of funds. I found a Roland JP-8080 with functional knobs and sliders on Facebook for $500 and a Polyend/Dredbox Medusa on Guitar Center's used website for $800. Really looking forward to the Medusa. Ever since I sold my Push 2, I've wanted a grid-based pad controller.

And dirty super saws, can't forget those.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”