NEW: Diezel Herbert - this time everybody will be happy with PA

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JJ_Jettflow wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:28 pm Why would you not pause your subscription if you are not making music? That is the whole point. Pay when you need them.
Early Bird pricing is contingent upon you not interrupting your subscription.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:58 pm
JJ_Jettflow wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:28 pm Why would you not pause your subscription if you are not making music? That is the whole point. Pay when you need them.
Yeah, I saw that. It is a $5 difference so if I am renting a couple of months at a time, it won't be a big difference. I think Slate's monthly price is about the same month by month as well.

Still, $50 for one or two months for access to hundreds of quality plugs still beats investing hundreds, if not thousands upfront when they will not be used constantly. Everybody's situation is different and I can see if you are using them on a fulltime basis where subscriptions would be a total waste of money but for the casual user, I think it beats the big upfront cost.

JJ_Jettflow wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:52 pm
Yeah, I saw that. It is a $5 difference so if I am renting a couple of months at a time, it won't be a big difference. I think Slate's monthly price is about the same month by month as well.

Still, $50 for one or two months for access to hundreds of quality plugs still beats investing hundreds, if not thousands upfront when they will not be used constantly. Everybody's situation is different and I can see if you are using them on a fulltime basis where subscriptions would be a total waste of money but for the casual user, I think it beats the big upfront cost.
Who needs so many plugins? Not even pro's use so much plugins. They have their favorites and keeps using them. I've seen many pro's use plugins. The most used ones are two stock plugins, Pro Tools EQ and compressor, and sometimes the D-reverb and delay. Fabfilter EQ is a very popular one and Pro-MB too. Waves SSL Channelstrip. Yes it's old and there are better today but many still use it. L1 and L2. There are a few other plugins like Soothe and others. Never seen anyone use PA plugins but of course there are users amongst pro's too. But my point is a few different EQ, compressors, FX's etc are more than enough. No one needs 100 different plugins.

Daimonicon wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:50 pm

Who needs so many plugins? Not even pro's use so much plugins. They have their favorites and keeps using them. I've seen many pro's use plugins. The most used ones are two stock plugins, Pro Tools EQ and compressor, and sometimes the D-reverb and delay. Fabfilter EQ is a very popular one and Pro-MB too. Waves SSL Channelstrip. Yes it's old and there are better today but many still use it. L1 and L2. There are a few other plugins like Soothe and others. Never seen anyone use PA plugins but of course there are users amongst pro's too. But my point is a few different EQ, compressors, FX's etc are more than enough. No one needs 100 different plugins.
wait, what? i thought everyone was using PA plugins all over their mixes!
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:04 pm

wait, what? i thought everyone was using PA plugins all over their mixes!
Come on, man, @Daimonicon, everyone uses many different instances of those plugins everywhere in all their mixes!! It's common knowledge!! Check the PA facebook group to see all those pros using those plugins everywhere and repeatedly... and then adding the new one next week on top of everything. How else would you make any money in this business?
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

I've seen many pro's use plugins. The most used ones are two stock plugins, Pro Tools EQ and compressor, and sometimes the D-reverb and delay.
Do you mean the ones in Pro Tools? The DAW that is forcing its perpetual users to pay double the yearly renewal charge to $199 from $99? Or sub for $30 to $35 a month?

I still wonder why nobody started another rant in a thread that is, on a side note, totally unrelated to specific business models of certain software companies (well, that's what I thought when I clicked it for its topic line) about the copy protection scheme of another audio company mentioned in another side note? iLok haters, where are you? Yes, I've been to the Nembrini website to find out, but then, I don't have any issues with iLok anyway... ;)

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:10 pm Richard Devine?
Jordan Rudess
Elton John?
Haha!! Dude!! It’s odd but I wouldn’t have pictured non ep/clav playing keyboardists to be playing through high gain guitar amps. You just changed my perspective on things!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i realy like both diezels and the ampg stv-vr

I just saw in a vid a few days ago that the VH4 was quite coveted for metal, then it became more about the Peavy (5150??). I wonder how the Herbert fairs??

Not that I’m a metal dude or anything.

Return to “Effects”