PA - Second Hand Activation fee ? Any News or Experience for August 2019 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi I bought 9 Plugins from Plugin Alliance and wants to pay the fee to PA.
They have stopped the $50 fee for more than one plugin fee and instead they have wrote to implement up to 60% dynamic discount in August, but that has not happened yet. I am with the support since two weeks in contact but nothing has changed. Are there any more users with similar experience ???
Or maybe an answer from sales support ?????

Last week, I sold a plugin to someone here in KvR. Last one I sold was beginning of June, way before the whole "lifting of transfer restrictions" debacle. On August 14th, their website said that I had reached the maximum amount of transfers permitted (that is to say, one). I sent a ticket. Four days later the transfer went through, but they haven't responded to the ticket (and I don't really care).
So, in short, don't worry, clearly they're working really hard trying to fix all the problems they created themselves when they "lifted their restrictions" (so only one transfer a month can happen and there is no capped fees at $50)...
My guess is, if number of subscriptions don't look good, you're going to have to wait to register your plugins... or you'll have to pay 9x$20 (only $180 for transfer fees of mediocre plugins, a "deal of a lifetime").
Keep trusting PA. They're doing great. Thanks Di*k.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

sacer wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:19 pmmaybe an answer from sales support ?????
Don´t hold your breath, PA don´t give a sh!t about their customers.

soulone82 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:45 pm
sacer wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:19 pmmaybe an answer from sales support ?????
Don´t hold your breath, PA don´t give a sh!t about their customers.
They've always responded to me within 48 hrs YMMV

they have finaly solved it and now i am happy

sacer wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:34 am they have finaly solved it and now i am happy
What are you talking about?
It looks like dynamic discounts for license transfers are still not a thing.

They ended up waiving the fee for my 8 transfers... maybe they did so for the OP

Technically all mine were transferred before they changed the rules, so I kept pushing the issue

6 of 7 licenses that need a fee were transferred before their new system. still my support ticket was closed after telling me that a solution would be found. last mail recieved from them on july 30.

oh man i had almost repressed this issue. i dont think that i ever felt treated worse by a company.

yes they transfered without a fee :)

abi wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:43 am 6 of 7 licenses that need a fee were transferred before their new system. still my support ticket was closed after telling me that a solution would be found. last mail recieved from them on july 30.
It took 7 business days for mine to be resolved and I had to say "on Facebook Dirk said Trevor would help.." lol . The whole thing was really absurd, and the actual emails from support were very basic. Wasn't impressed to say the least, but at least it was resolved.

andrewklimek wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:24 pm
abi wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:43 am 6 of 7 licenses that need a fee were transferred before their new system. still my support ticket was closed after telling me that a solution would be found. last mail recieved from them on july 30.
It took 7 business days for mine to be resolved and I had to say "on Facebook Dirk said Trevor would help.." lol . The whole thing was really absurd, and the actual emails from support were very basic. Wasn't impressed to say the least, but at least it was resolved.
Ok to be fair, they resolved my issue upon my 2nd email request. So they dropped the fees for 5 of the 7 plugins that I purchased, so I only had to pay 40 dollars. But I have waited 4 weeks all in all to be able to use the plugins. So I am not impressed at all. Nah. To be honest: worst experience with a software developer in about 15 years of using software plugins.

Return to “Effects”