Is there a cheap/free tape wear plugin available?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cheap sounding or / and cheap price ?

JerGoertz wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:00 am
t3toooo wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:28 am Any latency and if how much?
Haven't gotten it yet, anybody else know?
I don't see any latency in Bitwig
aberrantdsp wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:15 pm Aberrant DSP here, rest assured that our website is set to auto-renew in a year, we don't plan on going anywhere!
Smart move (as if it were even a concern). I always see clients get ripped off when they pay in advance for anything web-related... (prices only go down, SSL becomes free, etc)

I really like this plugin, best tape effects I've tried. I was already excited that Toneboosters added a "wear" parameter with Reelbus 4, but yours takes it to the next level for sure. There's more going on with the frequency spectrum, plus the mono button is great—often gives more the effect I had in mind.

Here's a very quick'n'dirty test of some tape & vinyl plugins, including Sketch Cassette. I didn't even try to include absolutely everything out there and the test could surely be better but it's a start. :)

https://clyp.it/ynt334ia

Here's another quick test with a drum loop instead

https://clyp.it/yiqkrkui

Thanks ilmai. Are these the default settings of the plugins?

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:17 am The ones I know of that will give me the lofi tape sound I'm after are Audiothing Reels, ToneBoosters Reelbus 4 and XLN Audio RC-20. I'd love to buy one of these, but they're out of my price range unfortunately.
You can modify a walkman to do this, "if you like all the sampling". It does sound like rubbish in my oppinion :P

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:30 pm Thanks ilmai. Are these the default settings of the plugins?
Some are presets, some have been tweaked to taste from either defaults or a preset. None of them are the defaults when loading the respective plugin for the first time.

Return to “Effects”