What software drum machine sounds most like the new Korg Volca Drum?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really like the sound of the new Volca Drum but would love to find an IOS app or Mac plugin that can get those super crisp physical modeling metaly click sounds and deep metal drum sounds.

although this is an old thread I'd like to answer with Sonic Charge Microtonic. I have both, and IMHO Volca Drum is the hardware version of Microtonic.

fwinter75 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:02 pm although this is an old thread I'd like to answer with Sonic Charge Microtonic. I have both, and IMHO Volca Drum is the hardware version of Microtonic.
I.am impressed with the volca.drum would u recommend it I never liked the super.plastic.sound.of the microtonic

fwinter75 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:02 pm although this is an old thread I'd like to answer with Sonic Charge Microtonic. I have both, and IMHO Volca Drum is the hardware version of Microtonic.
isnt the teenage engineering po-32 tonic literally the hardware version of microtonic?
ImageImageImage

The sound character reminds me of the Softube Heartbeat. Arturia Spark is also an alternative.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

You're all right... PO32 is the officical hardware version and you can like Microtonic or not... it was my first though when I've heard Volca Drum for the first time.

crystalmsc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:05 am The sound character reminds me of the Softube Heartbeat. Arturia Spark is also an alternative.
The Spark its pretty bad it could of been much better but its Toy.
Direct sw alternative its Inear Display Ephimere

lacandon wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:32 am
crystalmsc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:05 am The sound character reminds me of the Softube Heartbeat. Arturia Spark is also an alternative.
The Spark its pretty bad it could of been much better but its Toy.
Direct sw alternative its Inear Display Ephimere or fxpansion tremor

Volca Drum sounds very unique i think, i cant remember any same interface actually, of course u can use some VST's but i think it's unique anyway.
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

fwinter75 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:41 am You're all right... PO32 is the officical hardware version and you can like Microtonic or not... it was my first though when I've heard Volca Drum for the first time.
Does the PO hardware impart any character to the uTonic?

lacandon wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:38 pm
I.am impressed with the volca.drum would u recommend it I never liked the super.plastic.sound.of the microtonic
Yeah, the kick on the uTonic needs some processing. But in general, uTonic is a fantastic percussive synth, especially the noise and tuning. I use Softube Heartbeat primarily for kick.

perpetual3 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:31 pm
lacandon wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:38 pm
Yeah, the kick on the uTonic needs some processing. But in general, uTonic is a fantastic percussive synth, especially the noise and tuning. I use Softube Heartbeat primarily for kick.
I use ephimere for synthesized sounds was interested if the korg volca dream.its versatile enough?I seem to never be Inspired only with sw for some reason

NatLife wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:55 am Volca Drum sounds very unique i think, i cant remember any same interface actually, of course u can use some VST's but i think it's unique anyway.
My only fear is that I can run out of timbres fast but so far I heard lot of complex timbres .I use Behringer Neutron which its almost unlimited but I like the sequence of volca as well.I hate analog drum.machines always loved digital way more.

I am quite sure that is some drum machines on Korg gadget 2.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_gadget/

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”