IK Multimedia releases MODO DRUM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO DRUM

I hate to ask, but it does have cowbell, right? :hihi:

Personally, I'm excited to follow the development on this. I can only imagine what the future might bring.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:44 pm we participate and actually correct a range of misunderstandings, miscommunications, and such
Peter, as a potential customer who is interested in buying an infinite layers/infinite round robins drum library but has no access to a demo version and only goes by the sound files other users post, I'd really like to know your thoughts about the obviously jumpy velocity dynamic layers of the snare drum. Is it the limitation of the current technology or is it a bug?
Last edited by dee3d on Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dee3d wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:46 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:44 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:09 pm we participate and actually correct a range of misunderstandings, miscommunications, and such
Peter, as a potential customer who is interested in buying an infinite layers/infinite round robins drum library but has no access to a demo version and only goes by the sound files other users post, I'd really like to know your thoughts about the obviously jumpy velocity dynamic layers of the snare drum. Is it the limitation of the current technology or is it a bug?
You've got some wrong quotes there.

Wait, mine came out wonky too. A glitch in the matrix?

You've got some wrong quotes there.
Yes, I'm sorry. I think I've corrected it.

dee3d wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:46 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:44 pm we participate and actually correct a range of misunderstandings, miscommunications, and such
Please refer to the post with the many videos (including a long playlist of unsolicited third party videos) that show that there appears to be no apparently obvious jumpiness. I see an example prefaced with "Nobody would play like this" which was debunked (basically by that preface, really).

Found it. This one.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:50 pm https://youtu.be/nuQuHSoGXfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glhqqjHV8jQ

and a host of great videos that don't seem to show a lack of layers here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPWcn8r ... 3VdFDCKMI0

reggie1979 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:33 pm I hate to ask, but it does have cowbell, right? :hihi:
It does, but it needs more. :lol:

Gamma-UT wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:20 pm
bermudagold wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:53 pm 1. they want to sell you expansion packs (I cant knock that hustle as a business need)
2. they weren't completely happy with the sound of the PM model, so they wanted to keep you bound in an area where you couldn't make it sound subjectively bad
3. its not really PM, its hybrid...sampled attack and synthesized envelope remainder...
4. There is another possibility: it's like developing algo reverbs. The PM algos are dealing with complex modes and need a lot of hand tuning even for things that are based on standing waves, as drums would be (and why cymbals didn't get modelled at all). If you're going to package that up, you are going to want to hit the mainstream user rather than spend a lot of time on more obscure percussion instrument or the more out-there scenarios where you might as well use something like Chromaphone instead.
fair enough....off to go check out chromaphone again
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

Wiil there be a demo before the intro price Expires?

No brush or mallet? Why? - I mean on every snare, toms, and cymbals (not just jazz kits)

bill45 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:34 pm Wiil there be a demo before the intro price Expires?
Since the introductory pricing ends in 10 days, that's not likely. I have relayed the requests for a demo to the devs, though, but have no news of an upcoming demo yet at this time.

kaiyp123 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:40 pm No brush or mallet? Why? - I mean on every snare, toms, and cymbals (not just jazz kits)
I have forwarded your request to the team. Thank you.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:44 pm
whannel wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:14 pm Managed to free up 11GB in a Surface 4 (i5 fanless 7300U) using an SD to install it from in the end, would be great if there's any way to reduce the disk size or put samples somewhere else like SD or external HDD one day.

Unfortunately when unplugged from power supply this laptop goes into lower CPU modes (struggles playing one instance of a good synth with fx that way sometimes - I'm sure there's a way round eco modes but my old Surface 2 changed that setting way easier).

This was the same in FL struggling a lot, yet was fine as standalone version! Plugged into power it's fine in FL, though it says 60%+ CPU usage sometimes for me. I might need to bounce a few sounds down in a bigger mix till I get a proper PC, or if it varies a bit between DAWs if anyone knows yet let us know...

All sounding good to me, any more modelled drum types in future would be amazing, well done.
First, thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated and glad you and others are really enjoying MODO DRUM. On the topic of sample location, currently the Windows installer will ask you for a general location (separate from the plugin format locations later in the process) where you can change the drive which will place the samples on that drive. But we're also planning to allow the samples to be installed to a custom location in a future update.
So, we can put the the samples on a separate drive? My 10 year old system drive is pretty full.

Return to “Instruments”