Hive 2.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Here's a preset 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I've not had enough time with Hive 2 as I'd wanted. So bare with me. I like the generative features of Hive 2 and the fact that you can quantize to certain scales/intervals.

Could there also be a way to generate euclidean sequences? (Now or maybe in an update?)

You can if course create Euclidean sequences in the shape sequencer, but you would have to do that by hand. I think a modulator with size, fill and shift would be out of Hive's scope...

Urs wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:04 pm You can if course create Euclidean sequences in the shape sequencer, but you would have to do that by hand. I think a modulator with size, fill and shift would be out of Hive's scope...
I guess not. But imagine the possibilities euclidean sequences would add 8) .

Could an euclidean 'builder' easily be added to the shapes? So a function that would generate shapes based on 2 parameters. You wouldn't need to change the UI much or routing or whatever. It would be an extension on a functionality that already exists instead of a new modulator.

Can i confirm that you cannot do 'Triplets' on the Arpeggiator? Is there any way of doing this?

Would be a nice feature to see for such an advanced synth. Would like to see it on Diva aswell.

GStyleProductionz wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:17 am Can i confirm that you cannot do 'Triplets' on the Arpeggiator? Is there any way of doing this?

Would be a nice feature to see for such an advanced synth. Would like to see it on Diva aswell.
We use a smart rounding feature for the Multiply parameter. Holding Shift key, set it to, say, 66.67% or 33.33% to get a super precise (or so we hope) triplet feel.

Urs wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:28 am
GStyleProductionz wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:17 am Can i confirm that you cannot do 'Triplets' on the Arpeggiator? Is there any way of doing this?

We use a smart rounding feature for the Multiply parameter. Holding Shift key, set it to, say, 66.67% or 33.33% to get a super precise (or so we hope) triplet feel.
yeah, no. That is one of the most irritating things of U-He synths (and FX) for me. I prefer a drop down menu with straight, dotted, triplet modes + fine tuning for each mode

Urs wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:28 am

Ok thanks for the info.

Thanks again for this great update!
Hive is so well thought out. I don't know any other synth with such a fast workflow. Not nearly.
For me it's still a little gamechanger!

Although I still have some little requests: :oops:

-The biggest request is the possibility to lock the Scale Quantizer. (perhaps directly per right click on the little white dots) I really love this feature, but it's painful to change the scale everytime you switch a preset.
AND it would be very helpful to see if the scale quantizer is active or not. Perhaps in the Data Display like the "MIDI" and "TUN" indicators turn blue. There's still some space for a "SCALE" or "QUANT" indicator between the "TUN" and the "CPU".

-A global lock function for the Arp/Seq section. :pray:

- Midi Out. +1

- For people who have problems withe the new symmetrical 2.0 skin like me. (I still mix up amp2 and mod2) You could perhaps make a skin version, where amp1 and amp2 are slightly darker than the areas of mod1 and mod2. I think that would help a lot of people.

- some little indication in the wavetable menue which shows the folder of my current wavetable.

- The Scope is so helpful. Great idea and realization. Perhaps in the distant future it will be possible not only to drag the mod sources onto the scope, but also the 24 target selectors? And it will show me accurately what is going on, including the slot modifiers? :pray:

> A global lock function for the Arp/Seq section

yes
actually i'd love to see a global on/off switch for the arp/seq section (like there is for FX)

muki wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:56 pm i'd love to see a global on/off switch for the arp/seq section (like there is for FX)
Workaround: You can lock OFF | MOD | > | REC

> Workaround: You can lock OFF | MOD | > | REC

oh, thanks
well...rather a workaround...
when i'm in a wavetable window (in the hexagon) it's still a 2-mouse-tap-click away...
anyway, thanks and let's hope...it'd be *just* a *simple* on/off switch ;-)
which i'd found quite handy for fast-checking how it sounds with or without arp/seq...

...and it won't prevent the ARP from running which would be another ctrl-click-lock...

I'm having a new Hive 2 skin survey here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=530723

For people who would like to pitch in.

Hello Urs,
make please modulation destinations for show in host automation.
In your plugins it's makes with VST functions
getParameterName();
getParameterLabel();

Thanks in advance!

Return to “u-he”