2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Andrew Souter wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:39 pm ...very unlikely.
Ok.
Btw, parallel question (not relate with preset thread) - why occurs so drastical cutting for feedback during rising octave ? (field next after scale list). For example, if switch to A7 or A8, feedback tail almost missing even during 100% feedback knob position. (Yes, its me, fan of infinity feedbacks :lol: )
No, seriously. Do there is some way to disable such correlation between feedback and octave height ?
Or by other words - achieve long feedback on high octaves - it is possible?

Yes.

The small "mini continuous controller" to the left of the Feedback label, whose symbol looks something like: "OC" is called "Relative Feedback". You can click and drag this control like a knob. If you drag it up/right, it will become maximum, and then all resonators/lines in the image/preset will have the same decay time.

Additionally above it you have Feedback Mode , which is a two state button: Equal and Relative. Equal mode will defeat the scaling of feedback by the reference pitch, and all reference pitch values will produce the same decay time. (i.e. what you are asking for)

If "Feedback Mode" is "Equal" and "Relative Feedback" is maximum +100% there will be no change to decay times regardless of frequency of each line.

Note such behavior is not particularly natural in terms of real-world musical instruments, physical objects, or most known materials... In the real world high frequencies tend to decay faster for various reasons. But sure, it can be interesting for additive synthesis drone type experiments.

KS into B2 is magic for these kind of things btw!

Yes, i tried as well with these options (100% at relative and with equal). Though...i tried now again, in middle octaves, ehh nevermind.. Perhaps it's intended nature of KS working (i mean, even in middle it has not very long decay). Well, ok, i leave this idea. About working together with B2 - yes, i found that it can be fun as well (in sense of tail elongation especially, yes, that good).

Max decay time is 32sec if I remember correctly in KS... (though there are some tricks to increase it)

but if you feed it a constant supply of energy such as the built-in white noise generator, it will never actually decay. It's infinite, as you like. ;-) In this context it makes more sense to talk about how narrow the resonance peak is more than how long the decay time is.

Yes, i forgot - selfgenerate it's first reason why i start to wanted KS (second - it's Internal phase lock mode, ie ability to achieve texture without any appeal to host transport). This two things in combine it tempting heh.

2 instances of Kaleidoscope, external pink noise and stereo-phased ocean waves are the input sources, Breeze 2, B2 and Diffuse provide some ambient space, occasional granular processing with GRM SpaceGrain on one of the KS instances, some volume automation in LogicX.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -patchpool

Hey, so inquiring minds want to know if this plugin has been essentially abandoned? There was talk of major updates with amazing features for a while, but it's been a minute. I love this software, and I really hope it will receive some attention, but I'd like to know the skinny. Anyone?

no, def not abandoned....

we are simply a 2-person team and we tend to choose to do bold megalithic things :borg: that take lots of time (often longer than expected). In fact, KS 1.0 and 1.1. fit in this the category also, but the most recent is our new multi-instance editing, inter-plugin communication system for Precedence and Breeze. These things are not easy. A few hundred build versions to get completely correct etc. But thankfully we are done and about to release it. Now we get to attend to our other babies once again. :tu: All of our products will have major updates and we will offer new products as well.

I was expecting my head to be blown but it is still in the same condition ;)
Andrew Souter wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:03 pm no, def not abandoned....

we are simply a 2-person team and we tend to choose to do bold megalithic things :borg: that take lots of time (often longer than expected). In fact, KS 1.0 and 1.1. fit in this the category also, but the most recent is our new multi-instance editing, inter-plugin communication system for Precedence and Breeze. These things are not easy. A few hundred build versions to get completely correct etc. But thankfully we are done and about to release it. Now we get to attend to our other babies once again. :tu: All of our products will have major updates and we will offer new products as well.

stixman wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:10 pm I was expecting my head to be blown but it is still in the same condition ;)
your head thanks us. :D

Mhhh.....Kaleidoscope seems hard crashing all the time since i updated to Catalina. Are there known problems?

Unless there was a specific update for Catalina, i wouldn't expect it to play nicely with the OS update...

I'm very late to the Kaleidoscope party... I'm an ambient musician the mainly uses my guitar with a metric sh¡t ton of effects/mangling. Initially I was using Iris but Iris2 update left a bad taste in my mouth. I've been mostly using my Strymon + Output Portal lately along with the usual e-bows and field recordings, etc.

Just happened to visit Simon's website and discovered Kaleidoscope, which led me to 2CA. Very excited to explore!

After all this time and the interview (also some time ago) i wonder if this really will get further developed and will blow my mind or might it stay as is forever since its not the best commercial product? Not sure.
Well, i´m about thinking to ditch all my desktop stuff and these unique tools let me always rethink it but it seems that always the most interesting tools are too much niche to be worth to be developed in the desktop world.
Sorry, maybe just too much eggnog and tomorrow i see it different.

Cinebient wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:30 am Sorry, maybe just too much eggnog and tomorrow i see it different.
Eggnog in the morning
brings up sorrow and mourning!

Return to “Effects”