A/DA flanger (280 instances on one track possible)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:01 pm
vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:45 pm D16 Fazortan is an alternative. And more reasonably priced.
This is what I get for posting first thing in the morning before caffeine. Doh! Yes, I know that's phasing. Move along. Move along.
rookie mistake.

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:33 am Wanna have a 99$ code?

Thanks - but I just overlooked it in their product announcement e-mail...
(okay "overlooked" is not actually correct since I didn't really read the mail in the first place - previously they sent out extra mails for heavy hitter discounts) and as I mentioned even for 75€ I won't bite right now as there's too many seriously alluring deals right now.

But I'll certainly get it once it's on sale for 29€ or so...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'm intrigued since I love analog flanging and phasing but yeah, 150$ is outrageous, especially considering it's been out on UAD for years.

The Eventide flanger MKII had a 39$ intro price for everyone...

48hrs Flash Sale & a $25 Voucher For All

You can combine these intro prices with most of your current vouchers (but not with already expired codes - pls check your past emails for details).

So even with $25 Voucher For All + $50 personal voucher applied ADA Flanger shows at $97.17 for me. Then there's a conversion fee.

Way too much for a digital emulation.
USE THIS VOUCHER BY AUGUST 21st - 2am - California time
Just use this voucher code during checkout and save $25
(Code can only be used 1x per user - Minimum cart value of $99)
I'm too tired to examine but maybe my $50 personal voucher is cancelling out the $25 coupon because the value is dropping below $99 at some point in the calculation. I'm trying both codes with a cross-grade order which starts off over $99 but only the 2019-08 Customer Loyalty Monthly Voucher (- $50) is being factored into the Total. The $25 Code is not showing.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

i don't think we can use 2 vouchers together.
I tried adding the monthly voucher with this new one and could only use one or the other.

Same here...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

My guess is that their insane pricing of the last couple of months is to get everyone to jump on the subscription train. Don't think it's working mind....

It sure is and it certainly will fail. As I mentioned before Dirk seems to believe he could pull off a Steve Jobs and totally brainwash a large number of customers - however he totally isn't (for lack of vision, creativity, etc.) and so it only works on too small number of devoted followers.
And a Guru without a large crowd of followers is just a fool, an oddity.

How is this a flash sale ? All the prices are the intro price, which according to their emails is until 31st August anyway, so the only difference is you don't have to enter the intro price code ? wow talk about false advertising

Even with their $25 voucher it's $124.50 to buy the flanger, not a chance in hell, even with my $50 it's still more than I paid for Antresol and Instant Flanger together :hihi:

I really hope for PA sake the subs they're gaining is offsetting the loss of all those who buy during the proper sales

I bought an MXR Micro Flanger for $89 brand new. Sounds good too. Your pricing is skewed when you're charging more for software than similar hardware. On the other hand, 280 flangers! :P

Note: I know the instance count was really just to compare UAD performance versus native, and we all agree that no track should ever have more than 42 flangers on it.

mcbpete wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:52 am My guess is that their insane pricing of the last couple of months is to get everyone to jump on the subscription train. Don't think it's working mind....
Certainly not for me. None of the new plugins are of interest to me. The only plugin that I might have considered buying was the Focusrite channel strip but I got it for free anyway.

Kuassa, Kazrog and Mercuriall are killing it where amp emulation is concerned. I've heard good things about Black Rooster Audio's compressors but have yet to check them out. All at a fraction of the cost of PA's offerings.

If an innovative plugin falls into PA's lap then I might make a purchase to own but they'd have to have at least a dozen highly desirable plugins to make the subscription worth it. Currently they have none for someone who already owns everything he thinks he needs.

What might be interesting is if PA would invest in editing tools. If they could rival and beat iZotope, Accusonus, Acon Digital and Zynaptiq - then they might have something to offer.

Here's another freebie for PA: Subscription bundles for specific tasks. You want all their amps? Subscribe to the amp bundle at a much lower cost to their all inclusive subscription. They could do this for distortion, EQ, compressors, reverbs/spatial processors, etc. Make those costs nice and low - maybe $5 a month or less - but have enough categories that they add up to more than the complete package.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:36 pm Note: I know the instance count was really just to compare UAD performance versus native, and we all agree that no track should ever have more than 42 flangers on it.
Use your ears! ...if 43 flangers on a track sound good, then it's good! :party: :hihi:
Unaspected wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:40 pm Kuassa, Kazrog and Mercuriall are killing it where amp emulation is concerned. I've heard good things about Black Rooster Audio's compressors but have yet to check them out. All at a fraction of the cost of PA's offerings.
Black Rooster Audio was founded by two PA escapees (then one left BRA and created Fuse Audio Lab). Both BRA and Fuse make amazing plugins. You should really check them out, particularly those BRA compressors... Chances are if you like any PA plugins at all, either André Kirchner or Reimund Dratwa worked on them before they jumped ship.
Unaspected wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:40 pm Here's another freebie for PA: Subscription bundles for specific tasks. You want all their amps? Subscribe to the amp bundle at a much lower cost to their all inclusive subscription. They could do this for distortion, EQ, compressors, reverbs/spatial processors, etc. Make those costs nice and low - maybe $5 a month or less - but have enough categories that they add up to more than the complete package.
Come on, man, don't f@ck with Di*k's racing cars long term solvency.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

escalona wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:06 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:36 pm Note: I know the instance count was really just to compare UAD performance versus native, and we all agree that no track should ever have more than 42 flangers on it.
Use your ears! ...if 43 flangers on a track sound good, then it's good! :party: :hihi:
43 simultaneous flangers can never sound good on a single track. It's a scientific law. Like how you can't fold a piece of paper more than 7 times. In fact, according to this law, the maximum number of flangers as inserts before the track is guaranteed to sound bad is 41. 42 comes from 1 additional flanger on the master. These are just the laws of physics. I don't argue with them.

sqigls wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:53 am i don't think we can use 2 vouchers together.
I tried adding the monthly voucher with this new one and could only use one or the other.
The email is a bit misleading then as it sort of gives the impression you can... "You can combine these intro prices with most of your current vouchers".

That said, I heard Elton John bought this flanger without a voucher. Nuff said.

escalona wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:06 pm
Unaspected wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:40 pm Kuassa, Kazrog and Mercuriall are killing it where amp emulation is concerned. I've heard good things about Black Rooster Audio's compressors but have yet to check them out. All at a fraction of the cost of PA's offerings.
Black Rooster Audio was founded by two PA escapees (then one left BRA and created Fuse Audio Lab). Both BRA and Fuse make amazing plugins. You should really check them out, particularly those BRA compressors... Chances are if you like any PA plugins at all, either André Kirchner or Reimund Dratwa worked on them before they jumped ship.
Unaspected wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:40 pm Here's another freebie for PA: Subscription bundles for specific tasks. You want all their amps? Subscribe to the amp bundle at a much lower cost to their all inclusive subscription. They could do this for distortion, EQ, compressors, reverbs/spatial processors, etc. Make those costs nice and low - maybe $5 a month or less - but have enough categories that they add up to more than the complete package.
Come on, man, don't f@ck with Di*k's racing cars long term solvency.
Hehe. Actually, I think that if he offered more options like that, he could be racing against his entire family and all the other families and homes for retired cats that PA has to support.

I don't think think I knew that about BRA. Indeed, some of PA's plugins are truly great and I'm glad I snapped them up when they were on sale at more reasonable prices.

Return to “Effects”