SampleTank 4.0.6 update somewhat broken. 4.0.8 now released.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ryan_IK wrote:
This file is not new with the SampleTank 4.0.6 update and can be ignored if you've already downloaded this in the past.

Your reply makes my case.

IK needs to provide some sort of indication as to whether or not a user has downloaded the files in the list, along with an upload date. Considering the sheer amount of time necessary to completely load all of the ST4 files (an exhausting process BTW), your current system is inefficient to the task. Because many users did not download the entire library in one go, or lost their place in the process, this should be motivation enough to direct your web designer(s) to implement this functionality ASAP.

I know you mean well, but when you say “looking into the topic”, this statement reads to me like the issue is a low priority effort. It doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence.

IK needs to develop a modern automated file management system.

But again, thank you for the response.
On a number of Macs

The problem with ikm is that they got great products but too many issues, support is responsive but in the end it doesnt help if you got not stable version and sit there months..... then a responsive support doesnt help but results. Thats different with u-he etc. So far. They are stable versions and not months later still (bigger) issues.

Result. Quality ober quantity.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

@Caine123 If you could send me a PM with your Ticket #, I would be more than happy to see what happened with your specific case. While this was a very unfortunately issue to occur in an update, this behavior was reported immediately, and will be fixed soon. This should not be considered a norm for IK or SampleTank by any means. Again, I'd be happy to help with any issues you've experienced that you feel took too long to resolve. Please send Peter or myself your ticket info when you can to better help us understand and move forward with your issues.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ryan_IK wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:09 pm
@Weasel-Boy The team found and addressed this issue almost immediately after release.We would not intentionally release a build with known issues like this. Moving forward, the team is on it and the update should be coming soon.
Define “soon”.
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:39 am
Ryan_IK wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:09 pm
@Weasel-Boy The team found and addressed this issue almost immediately after release.We would not intentionally release a build with known issues like this. Moving forward, the team is on it and the update should be coming soon.
Define “soon”.
I wish I could give you guys an exact date, but you will need to just stay tuned. This should be coming very shortly, the bugs are fixes, they are just putting some final touches to make sure there are no snags elsewhere.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Looks like IK released 4.0.7. Appears to have solved the "clicking notes" problem. Happy about that. I would have never have known this was released had I not gone looking for it in the User Area. Nice to see them so on top of the update announcements.
On a number of Macs

Thanks for the unofficial notification!

I have never had any notice from IK for any updates, for the entire current Windows catalog of software by them.

4.0.5 didn't work right for me, I heard about 4.0.6 not working, so never even tried it.

Hopefully this will work - without any more issues again.

And yet with the latest update they still havent reverted back the scaling...i dont want my Sampletank 4 be so huge :( and still T-racks max havent been updated

nevertheless, happy to see this update, loading times are quicker.

Apparently the usual IK apologists are a little distracted pushing MODO drums to be bothered with posting a release notification over there in the KVR News section.

Eleektronisch: I hadn’t noticed at first, but it does appear you are correct in noting that the presets, as well as the plug-in itself, are indeed loading faster than previous versions.

And as usual, there is no indication whatsoever as to whether or not any of the library files were updated and need to be downloaded as well.
On a number of Macs

Please understand IK Multimedia's unique situation. If they notified customers of the updated releases it might cause people to download said updates and create a load their precious servers. Or it may just be perceived as an acknowledgement of their original shoddy release which doesn't jive with the self-generated hyperbolic claims about their products. :dog:

SampleTank 4 users should have or will soon receive an email about the update. Thank you.

Sound on Sound just reviewed SampleTank 4. Check out the final verdict below and the full article here: http://bit.ly/2Hyh3Wu
SampleTank 4's high-quality sounds and features aimed at the live context make for a great combination. If you need a broad palette of high-quality sounds within a single, easy-to-use package, it is undoubtedly a serious contender. It brings some significant improvements in features and sounds. As an easy-to-use, all-in-one sonic workhorse it remains a great choice for both studio and live use.

Does anyone really believe these kind of 'reviews' are not paid for?

Reefius wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:26 pm Does anyone really believe these kind of 'reviews' are not paid for?
:lol: I take it you're not a dev/manufacturer of musical products. Aside from the fact that "reviews are paid for" is generally a myth, if you were in the industry and tried to influence Sound On Sound over a review, you'd probably either learn to never do that again or would not be in the industry for long. They're definitely not for sale. Quite known to be among the strictest of reviewers out there, and we've been smart enough not to try to influence them over the 20+ years we've been doing this.

With SoS you get what you get (and as a side note when you get Paul White reviewing something positively you get REALLY happy).

Return to “Instruments”