AIR Updates or Never Again? Please Don't Delete or Change My Topic Title!

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a shame, because I really do love the plugins, they just need a little love to be brought up to fully "modern" standards.

I'm getting the sinking feeling though that in order to get those long promised updates, we may have to either eventually switch to the subscription model, or upgrade to a totally new paid package which includes the last two years products.
This is just total conjecture on my part though, and hopefully I'm wrong.

You never know what is going on at a corporate level though, I work for a huge corporation myself, and I see a lot of things that make no sense to me as an employee.

AIR is just a portion of inBrands, so you can never tell where the decisions on marketing, staffing, resources etc. come from, it's very possible that providing updates right now is just totally out of AIR's control.
It may be as frustrating for them as it is for us. (again conjecture)

Somebody "up there" obviously thought "the cloud thing" was a "logical next step", since "everybody else" in the industry seems to be doing it. (lots of "air quotes" in that last sentence) :)

Still keeping my fingers crossed though.
Did I mention I really do love their plugins ? :)

- Jay
Last edited by Bug Music on Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

On this page it clearly states...
For a limited time purchase theRiser and receive complimentary copy of Flux Transitions Expansion a $10 value
https://www.airmusictech.com/product/the-riser

I bought the Riser, and emailed them about the expansion.
A few polite emails went back and forth, then they flat-out refused the free expansion.

pffft
tight-ass priks

sqigls wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:36 am On this page it clearly states...
For a limited time purchase theRiser and receive complimentary copy of Flux Transitions Expansion a $10 value
https://www.airmusictech.com/product/the-riser

Wow.
Screenshot_20190816-090315.png

I bought the Riser, and emailed them about the expansion.
A few polite emails went back and forth, then they flat-out refused the free expansion.

pffft
tight-ass priks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sqigls wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:33 am
*Perpetual License provides a lifetime access to the current products at the time of purchase.
they're totally insane

https://www.airmusictech.com/cloud

Loom is included in the middle two bundles, but need to pay $20 per month!!! to get access to Loom 2
They're even more out of touch than i thought.
No.f*ckin.way.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Haven't bothered to check this forum since I last commented on this thread about couple of months back. Now come here and see that they have introduced a cloud subscription. You gotta be freakin' kidding me.

I understand that they want to get stable revenue but from customers point of view what value exactly does their subscription offer? They haven't done anything in years except a ho-hum upgrade to Loom and another old ProTools plugin port, a drum machine with only stereo out.

If they could not do a free GUI update for plugins I would have been ok paying maybe 10-15$ only for that for Creative FX Collection and maybe 9$ for some Air synths.
No signature here!

Oh, how am I upset about the behavior of the AIR company. What a "Cloud", oh my God, what are you doing... How is it possible from year to year, with their strange actions, or rather, inaction, to ruthlessly kill such excellent plugins?

I see the salvation of the company only in the fact that they should release free updates for all plug-ins, and these should be impeccably high-quality updates.

Then start open and honest customer support.

And only after correcting all your mistakes, when you regain the trust of customers, you can begin to make some new plugins at an affordable price. And only after all this, maybe you can think about a cloud subscription.
Although, personally, I prefer to buy plugins forever, rather than cloud subscriptions.

This is just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong.
I hope common sense will come to the AIR.

Come on Air, chime in! I know you know about this thread!

I believe that the company is now being run by AIR-heads, based on their recent history of actions (or lack of). Common sense should rule. But being out of touch (or tone deaf) is not the path to success.

I would love to see them prove me wrong!!!

But to do that they would first have to dig out from the deep hole of lost credibility, and restore goodwill with their existing customer base.

First step: restore communication!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

i do not get any answer from air - it´s a shame.
Propellerhead Reason 12 and FL Studio 20

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just wonder if all the promised work going into the synths was absolute BS to make a few more dollars or if they have actually been developed and not released. Scary either way.

I have the AIEP3. I would gladly pay for a full refresh.

If this is never going to happen, it would be a great lost opportunity! Such potential wasted!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Big regrets, but it seems that this section is useless, without the participation of the manufacturer. I really like the AIEP3 package, which provides sufficient sound quality with minimal computer resource requirements. But the lack of support and hope for further product development is depressing. Because virtually all plug-ins require adaptation to modern display tools, as well as the elimination of some minor flaws in their work. And for this I am also ready to pay. Even without any innovations.

Dmitry Petrenko wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:29 am Big regrets, but it seems that this section is useless, without the participation of the manufacturer. I really like the AIEP3 package, which provides sufficient sound quality with minimal computer resource requirements. But the lack of support and hope for further product development is depressing. Because virtually all plug-ins require adaptation to modern display tools, as well as the elimination of some minor flaws in their work. And for this I am also ready to pay. Even without any innovations.
Let alone support for current products which is un-existing or clueless as well...

- Mario

So, AIR just released updates for Hybrid, Velvet and MiniGrand, version 2020. Only update information is...

"Windows 10 performance enhancements" and "Support for Mac OS 10.15​", so no scalable GUI this time either? Why even release anything without the thing people have asked for the most?

Also, trying to install the latest version (only tested Hybrid) fails with the following message in the log file...

"Error 0x80070666: Cannot install a product when a newer version is installed"

The file still says v3.0.7, but it's dated 2020-05-18.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “AIR Music Technology”