Classic ZynAddSubFX VST download

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jwise wrote:The only specific questions I could have will obviously have to wait (impatiently) as to a release date and wishing I could pre-order the update.
There's no plans for any sort of pre-orders. When the release happens it will be available with a demo and the full version for sale all at once.

As long as you're signed up for the low-traffic 3.0.0 specific list you should hear about it once it's out.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

For sale? I didn't know ZynAddSubFx will go commercial. :o Is your poll about the most used OS's meant serious? I mean, it should be pretty clear what most people fiddling with soft synths use. A whole lot of them on MacOS, Windows 10, and Windows 7. Many less on Windows 8/8.1, even lesser on XP, and the least on Linux. I doubt you'd need a poll for that really.

chk071 wrote:For sale? I didn't know ZynAddSubFx will go commercial. :o
The rewritten UI is basically the commercial component (for a limited period of time before it is eventually open sourced under either MIT or GPL). In order to complete the interface rewrite a few months of full time work were needed. Right now the vast majority of that work has been completed and the final bug fixing is being done part time. The core synthesis engine of ZynAddSubFX will continue to be GPLv2+.

While the rewritten UI is in binary-only form, the old UI/free version (from the official project (so OSX/linux)) will continue to be supported and releases for those platforms will continue.
chk071 wrote:Is your poll about the most used OS's meant serious?
It's more of a poll of the current user base.
I have download statistics and traffic statistics for a few spots, but that doesn't really show the full picture.
The survey showed 65% used it on linux, 15% on osx, and 48% on windows (people could select multiple platforms).
If this was a standard commercial project then I'd expect a different distribution as you said, but I don't see the sale of an optional add-on (the replacement UI) as a full commercialization.

I'd say to think of this as more of an alternative to up-front kickstarter-like funding for a project rather than a fundamental change in direction

Ok, thanks for the heads up. :tu: As said in the other thread, the new GUI is a major step in the right direction.

Hi guys,

I only recently noted about the facelift of ZynAddSubFX . Great job from what I see on the snapshots!

However, given that the UI will be closed source I feel sad because of what I envisioned to do which is this:
- Build ZynAddSubFX for ARM-based Linux (have done so with previous ZynAddSubFX versions on a real-time kernel with an Odroid U3, which is similar but more powerful than a Raspberry Pi, good real-time result with, depending on sound program, 8-32 voices)
- Attach a 7" touch screen to the ARM embedded system which allows me to control the ZynAddSubFX parameters via touch
- Cramp everything into a Eurorack module in my modular system
- And have an amazing amount of fun :)

Any idea if you guys would be able to swing a build for ARM platforms? I'd be willing to help testing and partially fund / contribute with sweat;)

Thanks much..."

Bob31 wrote:However, given that the UI will be closed source I feel sad because of what I envisioned to do which is this:
- Build ZynAddSubFX for ARM-based Linux (have done so with previous ZynAddSubFX versions on a real-time kernel with an Odroid U3, which is similar but more powerful than a Raspberry Pi, good real-time result with, depending on sound program, 8-32 voices)
- Attach a 7" touch screen to the ARM embedded system which allows me to control the ZynAddSubFX parameters via touch
- Cramp everything into a Eurorack module in my modular system
- And have an amazing amount of fun :)

Any idea if you guys would be able to swing a build for ARM platforms? I'd be willing to help testing and partially fund / contribute with sweat;)
That sounds like an awesome use-case. Once the initial busyness from the release dies down I'd be interested in looking into making an arm variant. I'm don't have a cross compiler and my only arm system is an early model raspberry pi, so I'm not sure if I've got the necessary components to produce the build, but it could be interesting to try.

the new version is great. i can use zynaddsubfx not just as a rompler, finaly :)

Here is a snap of the Eurorack idea: https://youtu.be/5S-ZhKhZemQ/

Bob31 wrote:Here is a snap of the Eurorack idea: https://youtu.be/5S-ZhKhZemQ/
Cool!

== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

:clap: :clap: :clap: Great news! Thank you very much!
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

ZynAddSubFX VST 2.4.1.505beta works fine on Reaper x86 and FL Studio x86. :tu: ¡Gracias Jackoo!
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Also works fine on Cubase Essential 5. I will certanly use the midi automation feature in my further development of the bass guitar (for example "buzz"-sounds on demand, and that slappy sound, maybe).
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

I have t420 lenovo and Ableton Live 10. But vst dont work. Newer version opens and shows black screen . Older version dont start at all.

Can I use with Ableton by jack router?

Have anybody experience Zyn in Ableton ?

Hi there,
still getting those loud spikes
(Win 10, ZynAddSubFX-VDX_VST-2.4.1.505beta)

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”