Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:42 am
PieBerger wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:18 am
masterhiggins wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:17 pm I’m betting $349 with a $99 heavy hitter code minus vouchers.
If I wore hats, I would eat mine if it's any different.
Or just wait a few months and pick it up for $30 like Triad, nothing depreciates faster than a PA Plug!
I am afraid that isn't the case anymore since their 'NEW PA' construction... :?

Come on there's no way it's going to be $349, surely? If it's more than about $60 for people who own byome and triad then they can forget it as far as I'm concerned. Serum is only $189 Even Zebra 2 + Dark Zebra is only $300 isn't it?

exmatproton wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:56 am
SLiC wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:42 am
PieBerger wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:18 am
masterhiggins wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:17 pm I’m betting $349 with a $99 heavy hitter code minus vouchers.
If I wore hats, I would eat mine if it's any different.
Or just wait a few months and pick it up for $30 like Triad, nothing depreciates faster than a PA Plug!
I am afraid that isn't the case anymore since their 'NEW PA' construction... :?
I am afraid you‘re right.

graspee wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:38 pm Come on there's no way it's going to be $349, surely? If it's more than about $60 for people who own byome and triad then they can forget it as far as I'm concerned. Serum is only $189 Even Zebra 2 + Dark Zebra is only $300 isn't it?
Well if BYOME is 249 and Triad is 299, it's quite unlikely for Lion to be less than 349.
I don't know if they want to push towards Omnisphre/Falcon territory at 399, but I wouldn't guess so.
If BYOME and Triad didn't exist, Lion could have maybe been priced in the 199-249 range considering what's on the market today, but those two previous plugins set quite the precedent price-wise.

Knowing the new Plugin Alliance I'm afraid the price will be quite expensive.

Niowiad wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:01 pm
graspee wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:38 pm Come on there's no way it's going to be $349, surely? If it's more than about $60 for people who own byome and triad then they can forget it as far as I'm concerned. Serum is only $189 Even Zebra 2 + Dark Zebra is only $300 isn't it?
Well if BYOME is 249 and Triad is 299, it's quite unlikely for Lion to be less than 349.
I don't know if they want to push towards Omnisphre/Falcon territory at 399, but I wouldn't guess so.
If BYOME and Triad didn't exist, Lion could have maybe been priced in the 199-249 range considering what's on the market today, but those two previous plugins set quite the precedent price-wise.
It doesn't matter what say they cost, no one pays that,. even 50% of that, its all a scam to make you think you are getting a bargain when its half price (or less). As a BYOME owner, I am, still waiting for my updates and official bug fixes (not forum posted beta zip files) as they keep developing chargeable new version of a pretty poorly implement and never updated preliminary product. PIA and UA (Updates Unavailable)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

PA page for LION says available in september. I thought it was going to come out in august? Delayed again? Or my faulty memory...

graspee wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:59 am PA page for LION says available in september. I thought it was going to come out in august? Delayed again? Or my faulty memory...
no faulty memory... it is now september! it was first yes, august!

vacations? and byome/triad must have an official update... work work work

graspee wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:59 am PA page for LION says available in september. I thought it was going to come out in august? Delayed again? Or my faulty memory...
The main products page still says August, but when you go to the LION page for more details it says September. It's a good a guess as anyone's when it will be released, but September seems more likely. They need to get some more subs so they can get better people in to write copy and maintain their website *shots fired*
Always Read the Manual!

Delayed again? Jesus christ.

SGTVW wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:32 pm Delayed again? Jesus christ.
No point blaming him. He left to join Waves :shrug:

WasteLand wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:03 pm
no faulty memory... it is now september! it was first yes, august!

vacations? and byome/triad must have an official update... work work work
No vacations here, that's for damn sure :lol:

LION is pretty much finished, and as of Monday it's in the hands of PA's larger, last-stage beta testing team. At this point, we are fixing any bugs that are spotted while putting together a huge preset library. Tester feedback has been great, which is a relief. We spent a lot of sanity points on this one.

Don't worry, they're just trying to avoid Massive failure with a premature release. They'd be lion that it's ready if they tried to ship by an arbitrary deadline.

They will wait until this thread hits page 100, like NI did with MX...

KBSoundSmith wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:45 pm
Don't worry, they're just trying to avoid Massive failure with a premature release. They'd be lion that it's ready if they tried to ship by an arbitrary deadline.
A massive lion!

Return to “Instruments”