AMD Ryzen 3rd gen. ZEN 2 processors for audio PC

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Goony wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:30 pm There are also many many more that are happy, I have a 2nd gen 18i20 and certainly not cheapest either, but has been excellent & rock solid. Brilliant range of interfaces, and even more so with the 3rd gen Scarlett's.
Awesome, can you drop it now, we go in circles, happy for you and bunch of others. :tu:

Just pointing out some facts.
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

Goony wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:41 pm Just pointing out some facts.
It's your personal opinion mostly, fact is that based on actual testing Focusrite have one of the lousiest performing USB low latency drivers, facts is that Saffire firewire range is awesome based on same test's, fact is that people had issues with Focusrite drivers for years, also I'm aware that there are people who don't have issues, all power to them too, but they can't take away actual reality of the matter, Focusrite isn't RME of drivers, it's name that carries caution, at least as far as USB drivers are concerned, that's not their specialty, you don't agree, don't care really, your thing, but not fact.

All of what you say is your opinion too, the Scarlett range still performs well, sells well, and performs well to their price point, that is fact. You dont agree, that's just your opinion, and FYI I get great low latency using my 18i20, never had to update drivers, worked straight away upon initial setup. Cant get any simpler or better than that.
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

Goony wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:56 pm All of what you say is your opinion too, the Scarlett range still performs well, sells well, and performs well to their price point, that is fact. You dont agree, that's just your opinion, and FYI I get great low latency using my 18i20, never had to update drivers, worked straight away upon initial setup. Cant get any simpler or better than that.
We are going in circles, it's proven in actual test's with other (even cheaper) interfaces that Focusrite USB drivers are lousy low latency performers among bunch, that's actual fact, so stop this nonsense already, even based on personal experiences, you had good one, I had bad one, we can't change that, I advised user on caution, you gave him encouragement, awesome, let's drop it already.

Real life use says otherwise. A fact you seem unable to comprehend.

Enjoy your life :tu:

I already am and do, enjoying my low latency Scarlett 18i20 works a treat with my Ryzen rig too

Happy for you. :hug:

It would be great if the mods could delete the pages of pointlessness Focusrite bickering (or move to an appropriate thread), I'm pretty sure the rest of us are here to discuss and read about the actual topic. :tu:

(*from a Focusrite Scarlett owner who couldn't care less.)

I see AMD have announced another 3 Ryzens, 3500,3700 & 3900. Looks like AMD going for every corner of the CPU market, having had my Ryzen 3600 system for 3 weeks now, Im happy with its performance, and with the x570 motherboard, I have upgrade potential should I need it :)

owdeihrgijopt^xwpiojth
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eclectus, the information about USB interfaces and latency is useful and pertinent to the thread in my opinion and I supported the reasons why I thought so in a very respectful manner. It is also relevant to the DAW bench scores which is why the scores always indicate the interface that is used when deriving the performance scores across various buffer sizes.

I don't like when threads get derailed by squabbles. That is the reason this thread got derailed not because someone broadened the topic or in my case expressed appreciation in regard to the value of the information shared.

Thank you for quoting my comment from page 8 and for allowing me to clarify. Have a good day.

Eclectus wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:24 pm Oh I will. I just thought he might follow this thread
Normally I do, but it's been absolutely nuts here over the last few weeks, I think we've covered this in PM's now anyhow. :)

Right, updates for everyone else.

Any Cubase users can check out my coverage posted last week for why I dropped it this time around. Steinberg is already in the loop and working towards a resolution for us.

More interesting to the wider audience is the memory speed retesting I've done the last few days, interesting results indeed.

http://www.scanproaudio.info/2019/07/30 ... an-impact/

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”