How are Steven Wagenheim's (Wagsrm) presets?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see that Steven Wagenheim (Wagsrfm) has a huge number of presets and they seem fairly priced and a lot of sounds come in each soundset but I don't think I've seen anyone on KVR comment about the quality of them? I know he also has a 30 day money back guarantee on his sounds as well. So how are they?

Ask him. The cat is on here regularly.

@wagtunes

Actually that doesn’t make sense because he’ll then just be providing his own feedback.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

theres plenty of demos on his soundcloud.

Where has Wags been ? I haven't seen him post lately but maybe I just missed it......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

he had a couple of days away, but hes been posting aside from that.

I've heard his SoundCloud demos which usually consist of a couple of his soundsets but I wanted to see how they are for someone who owns his soundsets because they obviously have heard his soundsets in their entirety.

I wasn't happy about buying some of his soundsets.
I would suggest buy only one soundset for your favorite synth and decide if you would add / buy anymore.
There are lot of user comments on kvr like - "how can you ask money for that" etc...

They are certainly unique.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

That's what I suspected. Thanks Sacer and woodsdenis.

While people will probably expect me to hype up my stuff, my soundsets appeal more to retro folks. If you're looking for modern EDM stuff, I'm not the person to go to. I grew up in the 60s and 70s and that's where my heart is.

I think the demos speak for themselves as they give a very good indication of what you're going to find. Even supposed "EDM Synths" like Spire, Dune, Serum, etc., I somehow manage to make sound like they came from the 70s and 80s.

If you're into that stuff, I think you'll find them very useful. If not, then you probably won't have any use for them at all.

Hope this helps.

@Teksonik - I rarely post in Instruments anymore. What little I do post is in Music Cafe and in my asking for help thread in Everything Music. Truth is, I'm not as active here as I used to be. I'm getting into Production Music and that will keep me quite busy. In fact, when I finish my current CD, that will be my final pop/rock CD after 42 years of songwriting. I'm hanging it all up. Anyway, hope you're doing well.

Let me add this. Unlike other people, the presets are not "produced". Meaning that the demos that you hear are the presets without any FX added outside of what comes in the synth. They are exactly what you will hear out of the box. Nothing colored or added. So if you like what you hear in the demos, you'll like the presets. If you don't like what you hear in the demos, you won't. So really, just use your own ears and judgment. That you asked at all leads me to believe that you had to hear something about them that you liked.

FWIW, my best selling library is my Softube Modular library as this synth doesn't appeal to EDM producers at all.

Thank you for your input Steven. I think I may check out your Bazille and ace soundsets.

It’s weird hearing Wags being called Steven. It’s like hearing Kramer being called Cosmo.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:21 pm It’s weird hearing Wags being called Steven. It’s like hearing Kramer being called Cosmo.
Believe me, it's weird for me too. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:29 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:21 pm It’s weird hearing Wags being called Steven. It’s like hearing Kramer being called Cosmo.
Believe me, it's weird for me too. :lol:
:hihi:

Return to “Soundware”