Relab Sonsig Rev-A Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:53 pm Note: I don't claim to be good at programming reverbs so your mileage may vary of course.
I guess it's a taste thing mostly. It's funny how one's preferences towards the verbs may differ from others.
What I enjoy is how adjustable Sonsig is.

What sold me on this reverb were the small spaces and rooms on drums especially...

For me ValhallaPlate works better for very small "spaces" (I used to use the UAD EMT 140 for this). Here Sonsig couldn't convince me.

meloco_go wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:03 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:53 pm Note: I don't claim to be good at programming reverbs so your mileage may vary of course.
I guess it's a taste thing mostly. It's funny how one's preferences towards the verbs may differ from others.
What I enjoy is how adjustable Sonsig is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM02GXXeHH0

It really is down to taste, I find it interesting the remarks they make on the verbs before they do the test when they know which one is being played vs what they actually chose in the shootout

Sonsig is mighty fine reverb, but honestly, nothing that you cant achieve with other quality reverbs as valhalla, lexicon, r4, breeze, etc. If you dont have any of these, than you cant go wrong if you choose sonsig!

HcDoom wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:21 pm Sonsig is mighty fine reverb, but honestly, nothing that you cant achieve with other quality reverbs as valhalla, lexicon, r4, breeze, etc. If you dont have any of these, than you cant go wrong if you choose sonsig!
Can't go wrong with Sonsig if you already have those, either. Not that you HAVE to have any particular reverb to produce a great mix.

Did anybody tried short verb/long predelay on Sonsig I mentioned earlier? I'm in love with this setting on acoustic guitar.

The real test of any reverb is not how it sounds on a single track when recording but how it sounds on a complete mix when done.

This is the true test.

So many reverbs end up sounding "flat" when mixed down and lack character.

Doing a complete mix with a new reverb is always the best way to know how it will stand up in the mix.

Here is a free vocal preset for anyone who would like it.

Audio:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... nsig-rev-a

Settings:

Time: 2.13 Secs
Size: 7
Pre Delay: 20ms
Brightness: 6
Hi Decay: 4
Ensemble: 2
Diffusion: 4
Tilt: 1
Low Tilt: 1
Character: 2
Model: 224
Wet: 100
Width: 75%

SteveWZ wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:25 am The real test of any reverb is not how it sounds on a single track when recording but how it sounds on a complete mix when done.

This is the true test.

Doing a complete mix with a new reverb is always the best way to know how it will stand up in the mix.
Do you have your list of proved top ITB Reverbs that are not ruining mix, but enhances it and stacks well ?
Just interesting.

mididim wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:33 am
SteveWZ wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:25 am The real test of any reverb is not how it sounds on a single track when recording but how it sounds on a complete mix when done.

This is the true test.

Do you have your list of proved top ITB Reverbs that are not ruining mix, but enhances it and stacks well ?
Just interesting.
He's just talking out of his ass, you'd better direct your curiosity elsewhere.

mididim wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:33 am

This is the true test.

Just interesting.
Reverb has been a passion of mine for many years since owning the first of many hardware reverbs.

Having run and worked in several studios for decades, I have had the experience of testing a long list of hardware and software verbs side by side and continue to do that test with new reverbs.

Needless to say, I have my favorites for various musical styles, productions and projects.

In the world of hardware, favorites include:

Bricasti, Lexicon, TC Electronic, Eventide.

But this is about software reverb and without writing a muti page dissertation on the topic I will mentioned a handful of software reverbs that I tend to use the most, depending on the project.

Relab reverbs (all), the Lexicon plugins (still great), UAD has several I like and regularly use, LiquidSonics (underrated), Impulse Responses (love and hate relationship), Valhalla (from time to time), Blackhole (on ambient and spacey stuff, cool for automating), Acon Digital (the newest), Pro-R (good for more acoustic stuff), HD Cart (another underrated), Zynaptiq (full of personality).

These are by no means the only reverbs I use but they are ones that I continue to find stand up well in the mix and continue to have good results with.

There are others I like but that dont get used as much.

This is an on going topic for me that tends to change over time as new verbs are released.

More and more, good reverbs get released, you can never have too many reverbs. :)

True, never too many.
Trialing Sonsig right now.
I have some reverbs to compare with.
Including altiverb, vss, lex, R4, B2, valhalla, ebony, lx480.
Some presets on sonsig sounds similar in quality to lx480, but overall it holds very well against the bests. And plenty of quality presets out of the box coupled with simple gui makes it an easy choice with pro sound, no matter which task...Really good, wide Soundstage and depth.
I'm thinked I'm done with reverbs...

i am a reverb whore... i am weak and i ditch rehab regularly
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MadDogE134 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:06 am i am a reverb whore... i am weak and i ditch rehab regularly
But resistance is futile.....

mididim wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:49 am ... an easy choice with pro sound, no matter which task...Really good, wide Soundstage and depth.
I'm thinked I'm done with reverbs...
Done with reverbs, its a work in progress.

Return to “Effects”