vurt-space is massive(spacey space music)(bloopy bleepy synth music)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Feedback (Vurt Scale)

Weirdness Factor - 8.5
Sounds/Noises - 10
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 9

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Sounds like there's some saturation on this somewhere. Either that or tube distortion? Has a nice rich tone. Still not your usual weirdness but not as "commercial" as some of your more recent pieces. I am curious as to how these sounds were created.

I like this one a lot. And, as with wagtunes, I like the saturation.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:59 pm My Feedback (Vurt Scale)

Weirdness Factor - 8.5
Sounds/Noises - 10
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 9

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Sounds like there's some saturation on this somewhere. Either that or tube distortion? Has a nice rich tone. Still not your usual weirdness but not as "commercial" as some of your more recent pieces. I am curious as to how these sounds were created.
theres a drive circuit in the cinnamon filters :)
not tube sadly :hihi: but still quite creamy.

the patch is quite basic.
two sine waves, and octave apart.
out to two separate cinnamon filters.
the lower octave out to the erbe verbe then stereo out
the upper octave to the soma lyra8fx then stereo out.

thanks for listening :)

ho66it wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:16 pm I like this one a lot. And, as with wagtunes, I like the saturation.
thanks glad you enjoyed :D

Sounds like someone circuit bent one of those old fashioned music boxes... :hihi:

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm always surprised at what level people will call music "weird". For me, this isn't that weird. I consider this fairly tame ambient music. I do like the aesthetic. My bias is in the direction of west coast synth music of the 70s. Nice flowing rhythm. To help the composition aspect, I would look at the shape of the overall form and add new elements to help chart the flow from beginning to end. I enjoyed this a lot. Nice tones and you give the sounds a chance to be themselves. :D

Thanks vurt. Very chill ... just what I needed to wind down.

Forgotten wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:29 pm Sounds like someone circuit bent one of those old fashioned music boxes... :hihi:
:lol:
that's actually a pretty good description!

ghettosynth wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:09 am I would like it more without the omnipresent delay. I would like to hear the delay more as sweetner.
to be honest, its very bare with out the delay, it definitely needed something after the envelopes :hihi:

FrankH wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:27 am I'm always surprised at what level people will call music "weird". For me, this isn't that weird. I consider this fairly tame ambient music. I do like the aesthetic. My bias is in the direction of west coast synth music of the 70s. Nice flowing rhythm. To help the composition aspect, I would look at the shape of the overall form and add new elements to help chart the flow from beginning to end. I enjoyed this a lot. Nice tones and you give the sounds a chance to be themselves. :D
yeah i think it is all relative how "weird" something is.
to me most of my stuff sounds pretty run of the mill, but then i listen to a lot of "electronic music" the genre rather than the descriptor.

a lot of this stuff is still exploratory, getting to know my modular, working out what i still need to add... so i don't really view them as "compositions" yet, merely ideas, the idea is to eventually add the guitar over these kinds of things, as well as more recording and overdubbing, rather than straight to two track :)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:01 am Thanks vurt. Very chill ... just what I needed to wind down.
glad it helped 8)

thanks everyone for listening :)

Blippy, bleepy, bleep, bleep goodness for a hot summers day - thanks for sharing vurt.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

vurt wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:33 pm
Forgotten wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:29 pm Sounds like someone circuit bent one of those old fashioned music boxes... :hihi:
:lol:
that's actually a pretty good description!
:hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”