Plugin Alliance releases A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At any price this is a deal of a lifetime. A veritable game changer.

For a really good delay with a unique sound and reasonable intro price ($29) see the Nembrini delay3000. :phones:

I just put this on my tambourine track. Game has been changed.

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:28 pm Regardless of your views on PA, is this what KVR has become? If so, I'm outta here :-?
Seriously, where are the adults. It’s one constant moan and groan around here.

- Calm down about PA pricing. Yes, it’s expensive. No, you don’t have to buy it. Yes, it will probably go on sale in the future. Cool your jets.
- “It’s just another delay” It’s a BBD delay, which we can never have enough of. They all have different sound. It will be fine, I promise.
- Yes, Valhalla Delay is awesome, we mostly all agree. So what?

Can’t we ignore marketing hype and judge these things on their merits? People are reacting like spoiled children and it saddens me and lessens KVR.

dance for me until the flames of this inferno consume each and every one of us

I’ve been sitting on my coupon, hoping they’d release something else new before the month was out. I wasn’t excited about their prior offerings, which look nice, but I have no need of them.

This is the first release this month that intrigues me. I have no experience with the UAD version or the real hardware, but having another colorful delay available is not a bad thing.

And this one they released with up front pricing, so there’s no guessing (or whining about “deceptive” practices).

plexuss wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:48 pm For a really good delay with a unique sound and reasonable intro price ($29) see the Nembrini delay3000. :phones:
I'm sure it's lovely but it has very little to do with the STD-1. The STD-1 isn't meant to be used as a delay: with a maximum delay of 50ms or so it's a chorus/flanger unit with more taps than yer regular chorus. So it tends to get used to make mono sources sound more stereo or to get flanging effects that aren't quite in the usual space. And it's quite a tricky unit to emulate with a regular BBD delay because you'll generally need to run two or three in parallel to get enough taps. Luckily, there's only one regen loop to work with, so ganging a bunch up in parallel shouldn't be too far from what this one does. Ohmboyz Infinity might be the closest to this in one unit that isn't a dedicated BBD delay.

Overloud does an STD-1 emulation as well (with a bunch of extra features) - €129 normally. I think it's discounted a bit at the moment. So the PA intro price is not far removed from that at all.
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whining aside, with 27 plugins in my Delay folder already - this shit ain't happnin

...unless...

ELTON!!!!

Elton is already subscribed!

that's simply the way Elton rolls

Teksonik wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:58 am I'll wait until it goes from $199 to $9 then bitch because it's not even worth that much........ :lol: :lol:
:hihi:

yehboy1 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:05 pm I just put this on my tambourine track. Game has been changed.
Fooking KVR :hihi:

Can't be as good as Echoboy.

sqigls wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:05 pm that's simply the way Elton rolls
?

New here, but why so much plugin alliance hate in the comments for every little thing? PA had some of UADs best plugins and I’m glad to see them coming to native. This delay looks interesting!

There is a lot of people here with different opinions and a lot of smart-ass fun poking. Mesh it together and you get a forum ;)

Return to “Effects”