Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

hyakken wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:48 pm
yellukhan wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:33 pm me again

for the EUCLID a Global Start Position shift ? .. wouldn't be useful ? :)
I will check my code.
I'm not sure it is possible or not.

Tadashi
Thank you Tadashi!

idea popped up while recording this video..
"not a tutorial" .. just having fun with the Euclid seq. & drums in the Reaper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVBm9LK ... e=youtu.be

Honestly, this plugin, esp the euclidean sequencer is pulling me out of a long dark creative dry spell. I'm so damn impressed. As a V1 owner, I'm seriously looking for the donate button, it's almost too good to take for free.
Last edited by Raddler1 on Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyakken wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:11 pm
antic604 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:30 pm Are there any YT videos showcasing HY-SeqCollection2 in action? Can't find anything :(
Sorry, I don't know how to make a video.
By the way, SeqCollection2 has tutorial presets.
I think they will help you to understand the features of the plugin.

Tadashi
No problem, purchased it anyway! :clap: :hug:

BTW, a question - there's no way to register the plugin on hy-plugins.com, right? It would be great if there was some user account area, because in few months I'll forget I got it via KvR Marketplace and won't remember where to get my serial number in case I need it for re-install or something :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

This v2 Sequencer bundle is seriously impressive. I wouldn't even knew about it if it wasn't at KVR.

How come this person doesn't get more attention?

kmonkey wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:21 am This v2 Sequencer bundle is seriously impressive. I wouldn't even knew about it if it wasn't at KVR.

My thoughts exactly!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=528915
Music tech enthusiast

Thanks for this new SeqCollection2! Masterpiecer IMHO!
Please, keep up developing such amazing tools!

kmonkey wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:21 amThis v2 Sequencer bundle is seriously impressive. I wouldn't even knew about it if it wasn't at KVR.

But attention has (relatively) exploded with this plugin IMO, he has deserved it. Let's face it, if this was e.g. a Native Instruments plugin spiced with some marketing buzz, people would go crazy.

- I hope we can get more info on modulation targets, the modulation range is very important for this kind of plugin. Especially when creating a preset I'd often like to know the exact pitch range.

- As for the EUCLID sequencer, I think some kind of relative rotation (+/- <n>) would be neat.
- MPE and SLFO have no init option

I'm currently a bit struggling with probabilities via the LFOs. Sometimes I'd like to just have the S+H LFO to spit out 0 or 1 at a predefined probability.

Raddler1 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am Posted in error.

hyakken wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:15 pmTadashi
I bought the plugin but didn't had the time to test it yet (only read the Manual so far) and I already have some questions:
- there's 6 sequencers, but what types of stuff are they good for - I get it that Euclid is best for beats / drums, but I can't really see how the rest of them differs in a fundamental way?
- is there a way to generate chords with the plugin or, even better, sequences that mix single-note melodies with chords?
Music tech enthusiast

Can the LFO sections of Hy-Delay be disabled?

is there a way to generate chords with the plugin or, even better, sequences that mix single-note melodies with chords?

Harmonizer FX
Agree that some sequence position toggle for its application would be a cool enhancement (haven't found it anyway :clown: )

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:14 am - there's 6 sequencers, but what types of stuff are they good for - I get it that Euclid is best for beats / drums, but I can't really see how the rest of them differs in a fundamental way?
I think it's helpful to differentiate the sequencers based on the hardware that inspired them.

ACID
Slurs, ties, accents. Traditionally used for bass.

DARK
Skipping, jumping, stopping. When you want to boss a sequence around. When I say jump, you say how high!

M5816
The Step Count parameter offers lots of cool options for each step. Be sure to click on it for the popup window.

STEP16
Similar to M5816 but adds some skip and reverse options. (I'm not certain that this is the actual hardware that inspired this one)

HEXA
All about that probability, yo. Great for varying melodic stuff.

EUCLID
All the rhythms of the world at your fingertips! Though this one is more melodically oriented. This can do chords if you want it to. Just wait for HY's next RPE update for one more suited for percussion.

Seq2 can even be automated to switch sequencer types during playback for different sections of a track! For when you just can't make up your mind which sounds best. 8)

I just updated all my sequencer plugins including free version.
So I think they will not produce buzzy noise in some host any more.

Detail:
https://hy-plugins.com/plugin-update-4/

Tadashi
Last edited by hyakken on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

acousticglue wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:32 pm Can the LFO sections of Hy-Delay be disabled?
Currently no.
I will add on/off switch to each modulation generator unit with future update.

Tadashi

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:14 am
hyakken wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:15 pmTadashi
I bought the plugin but didn't had the time to test it yet (only read the Manual so far) and I already have some questions:
- there's 6 sequencers, but what types of stuff are they good for - I get it that Euclid is best for beats / drums, but I can't really see how the rest of them differs in a fundamental way?
- is there a way to generate chords with the plugin or, even better, sequences that mix single-note melodies with chords?
I think Euclid one is good for melody too.
Acid seq is good for base line lead stuff.
Hexa seq is for random sequence.
Dark seq, I like this mode, I usually set knob range 4 or 5 octave, and tweak knobs.

You can only use one sequencer mode at a time, so you can't mix those outputs.

about chord
This sequencer is not really for chord stuff, but you can use harmonizer fx.

Tadashi

Return to “Effects”