Sonimus plugins appreciation.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love tuco and burnlay73.
they are top notch in their own role.

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:59 pm Britson is super :tu:
Agreed, I will do a Britson only song soon to see how that goes. So far having owned both I am mixing and matching the channels and then using one of the busses on the master. Before I'd just run with Satson. I usually don't like too many options and like to keep things as focused as possible, but have to say I am really enjoying having the two of these.
escalona wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:04 pm Big fan here. I love the tilt eq and I think their strip may be the best sounding one out there. And their free eq just couldn't be any better... and for free.
I really like the strip but prefer using the single plugins personally. Not because of the workflow, I just really like using TuCo, SonEQ Pro and Burnley 73 for eq and compression.
badass_billy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:09 pm Been a fanboy for a while now. Mad love for Sonimus.

Their EQs are musical sounding. Sweetone is a wildly ingenious sculpting tool, and the same can be said of TuCo. A lot of what they do is a bit non-traditional.

The low end on their EQs seems "big," so they really nail the Neve sound in Burnley. And though I don't use their channel strips, the distortion in the plugins I've used is very useful on the occasional bass guitar or kick drum. I tend to use Saturn, Airwindows, and Decapitator most often for ITB distortions, and Sonimus hangs right with them.
Agreed, love them. The low end is definitely big, especially when used with the distortion and HPF, great eq. . compliments SonEQ Pro nicely. Again, Burnley is relatively new for me still having got it earlier this year. I've owned SonEQ Pro and Satson since around 2012 so it's nice to be using some fresh Sonimus tools.

s28 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:10 am
Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:17 am Satson or Britson on every track :tu:
Out of interest are you combining them like this or just pick one and roll with it?
I use usually Satson on every track. When I insert an instrument and make a sound, I set the sound level then with Satson and forget it.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:17 am
s28 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:10 am
Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:17 am Satson or Britson on every track :tu:
Out of interest are you combining them like this or just pick one and roll with it?
I use usually Satson on every track. When I insert an instrument and make a sound, I set the sound level then with Satson and forget it.
That's not what I meant - I meant what determines Satson or Britson or do you mix and match them like I'm doing.. I'm liking the combo.

s28 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:14 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:59 pm Britson is super :tu:
Agreed, I will do a Britson only song soon to see how that goes. So far having owned both I am mixing and matching the channels and then using one of the busses on the master. Before I'd just run with Satson. I usually don't like too many options and like to keep things as focused as possible, but have to say I am really enjoying having the two of these.
Im curious about Satson. I have the CM version but its very limited.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I'm now a happy Britson owner, first impression are great, very polished with automation on all buttons including those hidden in the options menu... overall highly usable
looks like sonimus makes stuff that will stand the test of time indeed

Have all their plugins.

Someone there simply have ears. That's all (haha). No really their plugins are easy on cpu, sound is VERY musical, copy protection is rational and overall they are one of my best investments i made - ever

I just picked up Britson in the sale, really liking it so far. I'm using it as a gain staging tool and to add a little console flavour/depth to my otherwise quite sterile digital compositions/mixes. I have it slapped across all channels and combined with Satin on groups and the master, for that glossy "expensive" sound. Nice tool for an ever nice price :)
Always Read the Manual!

I have been using Sonimus plugins for over 1 year and I guarantee with all my words that these plugins were important in the final quality of my productions.
I achieved a highly professional quality and very fast practicality when I officially put Sonimus plugins on my work set.
Neno Fernando (MAESTRA vocalist, music producer and owner of NF-Estudio in São Paulo - Brazil).

I always end up coming back to Satson, Britson and StonEQ 4K. They never disappoint.

Hey folks, Boris from Sonimus here. We read all the comments and really appreciate all the comments and kind words. They are invaluable to us as we continue to develop new products going forward.

Good choices to those who got Britson, it's great, as is Satson - I'm loving having both. This threads turned out to be a good one, many good vibes and Sonimus feeling it.. glad to see they are enjoyed as much by others as they are by me.

I own SonEQ Pro, Sweetone, TuCo, Satson, Burnley and Britson.
Sweetone is most used. It's a great pre-shaping tool and the best HP/LP filter period. Very musical.

I like to use SonEQ on bass tracks to give it a subtle oomph and that key frequency cut that opens it up.

Britson is my go to console emu as I like the lift and depth it gives. I've A/B'd it against many console emu's and this just wins every time.

I need to try Satson more, I'm just so satisfied with Britson, that I never look back.

I wasn't that impressed with TuCo until I learned how to use it correctly. This could be the one, but need more exposure before I conclude that. Definitely has a place though so no regrets.

I like the tonal characteristic of Burnley, especially the line/mic knob. It can add that special sauce when needed. EQ wise, it adjusts the frequencies in a musical, non-crushing manner. Me likey.

The only thing I don't like about Sonimus is the lack of T-Shirts and ball caps. I'd totally rock those! :hihi:

Edward43 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:05 am
Britson is my go to console emu as I like the lift and depth it gives. I've A/B'd it against many console emu's and this just wins every time.

I need to try Satson more, I'm just so satisfied with Britson, that I never look back.
That's cool to hear about Britson. I've set it up as a default in my template now so next song is going to be Britson only. I've been enjoying mixing with both the last few months since getting Britson, usually going with Satson on Drums and Britson on other things. I do like the lift you mention that Britson Buss gives.
I wasn't that impressed with TuCo until I learned how to use it correctly. This could be the one, but need more exposure before I conclude that. Definitely has a place though so no regrets.
I was the same, didn't like it much at first and now I love it, very versatile.

Sonimus wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:33 am Hey folks, Boris from Sonimus here. We read all the comments and really appreciate all the comments and kind words. They are invaluable to us as we continue to develop new products going forward.
Just wanted to share some funny dream i had last night. I guess it's because of this thread i mean it's not that i am overthinking about Sonimus when i am at my bed ;) But i added my praise here and next thing i remember i am dreaming about Sonimus new plugins LOL

So i had a dream last night that Sonimus released a new plugin. Sadly i can't remember it's name. It looked like a compressor plugin. With dark black interface and some orange like labels and darkish knobs (no faders).

It's still blurry but i also can remember that you release some kind of little modules. I know it doesn't make any sense whatsoever - you don't have any modules but that was my funny dream. I remember browsing through your website and reading about these "small" modules and i even remember prices were below 80$. Some EQ thing.

That's all i can remember.

I laughed a lot in the morning thinking about this. LOL

Cheers

Return to “Effects”