Modern and Vintage Presets - "X-Squared" For Massive X

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
X-Squared For Massive X

X-Squared For Massive X

Massive X is one behemoth of a synth.
It has a plethora of features and capabilities.

But we wanted something more, warmth....

X-Squared For Massive X is a deeply programmed collection of presets for Massive X.
We worked hard to bring some classic analog warmth and pads to Massive X, then we went further.

Massive X can do a lot of cool things.
Due to its modular design, instruments can be made that go outside the box.

X-Squared covers classic analog and hybrid modern sounds.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NxVIs_ ... e=youtu.be

Audio:

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... -massive-x
Last edited by PatchAdamz on Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I'm really enjoying this bank, and I think it's a nice complement to the factory set.

Advice to those who buy them: Read the readme before trying to install. Massive X has some peculiarities in how it stores presets.

Here is a partial walk-through of single presets;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gNWaGgHAm8

Mitch I. wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:35 pm I'm really enjoying this bank, and I think it's a nice complement to the factory set.
+1

Excellent presets, a whole new view of Massive X, warmer sounds, very interesting atmospheric presets.

Firebird wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:27 pm
Mitch I. wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:35 pm I'm really enjoying this bank, and I think it's a nice complement to the factory set.
+1

Excellent presets, a whole new view of Massive X, warmer sounds, very interesting atmospheric presets.
Glad you're enjoying it!

A soundscape preset from X-Squared:

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... -massive-x

Wow that was fast - how have you got around the seeming inability to tag patches or save with a bank name within MX?

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:34 am ...how have you got around the seeming inability to tag patches or save with a bank name within MX?
The initial release of Massive X has limitations as it relates to tagging and categorizing patches.
NI will update this in an upcoming release and there has already been an announcement of an update on the horizon.

PatchAdamz wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:26 am
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:34 am ...how have you got around the seeming inability to tag patches or save with a bank name within MX?
The initial release of Massive X has limitations as it relates to tagging and categorizing patches.
NI will update this in an upcoming release and there has already been an announcement of an update on the horizon.
I know - I'm wanting to know what have you done for now to get around that, if anything? eg will all your presets get merged into the ones I have made as 'user presets' then (assuming they don't have a distinct bankname) or do they have some other means of identification to set them apart?

Personably I am not buying any presets for this synth until NI sort out the browser.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:25 am
PatchAdamz wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:26 am
...will all your presets get merged into the ones I have made as 'user presets' then (assuming they don't have a distinct bankname) ...?
Thats right, NI designed the preset browser this way.
That is the current limitation of V1.

I will be happy to update the presets if necessary when NI allows for third party categories.
As always, feel free to contact me if you need any help.

Last chance for intro discount.

Return to “Soundware”