Zone by Audiaire

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
SLiC
KVRAF
3800 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:41 am

You never under full control ove the use of your software even if you have control of the licence- once software stops being developed (for whatever reason) it has a shelf life. You mention NI as one of the good guys- I bought Kore!

Audiaire seem like a good developer to me- lots of (free) updates, listening to user requests, responding on this forum, sound packs, a second VST launched, it all seems good and I personably really like Zone, I have a lot of VSTs and it manages to stand out.
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, Cubase10, Live9, X32 Desk. , DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
JunSev
KVRian
625 posts since 14 Sep, 2017

Re: Zone by Audiaire

Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:04 am

SLiC wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:41 am
You never under full control ove the use of your software even if you have control of the licence- once software stops being developed (for whatever reason) it has a shelf life.
You're very wrong, sorry.

Undoubtedly, there is a big difference between having your license and your product, and having a product not having the license and being dependent of the company in order to the product you paid for to work, period.

How can I demonstrate this? because it doesn't matter how many years can go, even if certain software stop to being developed I still can use it as long as I have my keys/code/license and the product; even if it does exist a sort of "new" operative system, virtual machines will continue existing, the product I paid for can outlive me easily and I can continue using it even in 50 years (and don't believe me if you want to, I know what I'm saying), I can continue using it. Your conclusion that software has a shelf life is exaggerated and is goes too far, is not true at all, with all respect.

What could be one of the worse case scenarios? If you have an apple machine and the problematic politics and decisions of "lets get rid of this" or "lets stop the possibilities that were available before" they tend to do so often with their overpriced products and "good looking" interfaces new generations loves and don't know what is happening (not all of them). I'm not saying with this windows is the good guys neither but there is clearly a difference.

BeeDog
KVRist
240 posts since 31 Jan, 2018

Re: Zone by Audiaire

Post Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:59 pm

Sharooz, will Splice get the PACE-less updates or will upcoming releases only be available through your website?

SLiC
KVRAF
3800 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Zone by Audiaire

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:27 am

JunSev wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:04 am
SLiC wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:41 am
You never under full control ove the use of your software even if you have control of the licence- once software stops being developed (for whatever reason) it has a shelf life.
You're very wrong, sorry.

Undoubtedly, there is a big difference between having your license and your product, and having a product not having the license and being dependent of the company in order to the product you paid for to work, period.

How can I demonstrate this? because it doesn't matter how many years can go, even if certain software stop to being developed I still can use it as long as I have my keys/code/license and the product; even if it does exist a sort of "new" operative system, virtual machines will continue existing, the product I paid for can outlive me easily and I can continue using it even in 50 years (and don't believe me if you want to, I know what I'm saying), I can continue using it. Your conclusion that software has a shelf life is exaggerated and is goes too far, is not true at all, with all respect.

What could be one of the worse case scenarios? If you have an apple machine and the problematic politics and decisions of "lets get rid of this" or "lets stop the possibilities that were available before" they tend to do so often with their overpriced products and "good looking" interfaces new generations loves and don't know what is happening (not all of them). I'm not saying with this windows is the good guys neither but there is clearly a difference.
Once software stops being developed it has a shelf life....mainly because the new software simply works better and becomes the new standard. Very few people want 32 bit, now, most of us now want scalable interfaces, many of us want micro tuning, MPE...all stuff you want find on synths that have not been updated for 5 years+ I just consider that stuff dead, so much great new stuff that looks great in 4K and uses modern processors to get the best sound quality (processors that were not available for older synths).

Oh, and in 30+ years of using software for music (Amiga, Atari, PC) I have never ever lost a plug due to a VST developer going bust, I am not sure any one ever has, although people sure seem to worry about it!
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, Cubase10, Live9, X32 Desk. , DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
Sharooz
KVRist
73 posts since 7 Dec, 2011

Re: Zone by Audiaire

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:16 am

BeeDog wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:59 pm
Sharooz, will Splice get the PACE-less updates or will upcoming releases only be available through your website?
Yes splice will hopefully be in a position to launch v1.2 this week and the end redemption license will no longer be iLok activated. Once your lease has been fully paid on Splice you will receive a serial which when redeemed at Audiaire will enable use of the plugin without restriction perpetually.

BeeDog
KVRist
240 posts since 31 Jan, 2018

Re: Zone by Audiaire

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:33 am

Sharooz wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:16 am
BeeDog wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:59 pm
Sharooz, will Splice get the PACE-less updates or will upcoming releases only be available through your website?
Yes splice will hopefully be in a position to launch v1.2 this week and the end redemption license will no longer be iLok activated. Once your lease has been fully paid on Splice you will receive a serial which when redeemed at Audiaire will enable use of the plugin without restriction perpetually.
Thanks. I finished paying off Zone on Splice a while back, while it was still using PACE in the default build. I thus have the iLok serial redeemed but am still using 1.1.5 through Splice; I guess when 1.2 hits Splice, it will continue to work fine (i.e. using the Splice build without needing to use up an allocation from your servers)?

User avatar
JunSev
KVRian
625 posts since 14 Sep, 2017

Re: Zone by Audiaire

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:45 am

double post, sorry.
Last edited by JunSev on Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JunSev
KVRian
625 posts since 14 Sep, 2017

Re: Zone by Audiaire

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:46 am

SLiC wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:27 am
JunSev wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:04 am
SLiC wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:41 am
You never under full control ove the use of your software even if you have control of the licence- once software stops being developed (for whatever reason) it has a shelf life.
You're very wrong, sorry.

Undoubtedly, there is a big difference between having your license and your product, and having a product not having the license and being dependent of the company in order to the product you paid for to work, period.

How can I demonstrate this? because it doesn't matter how many years can go, even if certain software stop to being developed I still can use it as long as I have my keys/code/license and the product; even if it does exist a sort of "new" operative system, virtual machines will continue existing, the product I paid for can outlive me easily and I can continue using it even in 50 years (and don't believe me if you want to, I know what I'm saying), I can continue using it. Your conclusion that software has a shelf life is exaggerated and is goes too far, is not true at all, with all respect.

What could be one of the worse case scenarios? If you have an apple machine and the problematic politics and decisions of "lets get rid of this" or "lets stop the possibilities that were available before" they tend to do so often with their overpriced products and "good looking" interfaces new generations loves and don't know what is happening (not all of them). I'm not saying with this windows is the good guys neither but there is clearly a difference.
Once software stops being developed it has a shelf life....mainly because the new software simply works better and becomes the new standard. Very few people want 32 bit, now, most of us now want scalable interfaces, many of us want micro tuning, MPE...all stuff you want find on synths that have not been updated for 5 years+ I just consider that stuff dead, so much great new stuff that looks great in 4K and uses modern processors to get the best sound quality (processors that were not available for older synths).

Oh, and in 30+ years of using software for music (Amiga, Atari, PC) I have never ever lost a plug due to a VST developer going bust, I am not sure any one ever has, although people sure seem to worry about it!
You are wrong and again you're putting things in such a way to "justify" anything in the present situation. Let's explain this better with two points:
mainly because the new software simply works better and becomes the new standard. Very few people want 32 bit, now, most of us now want scalable interfaces, many of us want micro tuning, MPE...all stuff you want find on synths that have not been updated for 5 years+ I just consider that stuff dead, so much great new stuff that looks great in 4K and uses modern processors to get the best sound quality (processors that were not available for older synths).
Obviously is different when technology and knowledge achieve almost complete if not almost the "perfection" in the area is developed. Look at past synthesizers, they are old, the technology is old, but you see people just loves those analog sounds, and this could go as old as 50 or even 60 years old piece of hardware. And despite of that it continues being special and has its special tone. Is an example you can see in almost all aspects of life wherever you look at it, I couldn't even put examples simply because there is not time for that, look for yourself (if you want).

And maybe you also know that is very unnecessary if not nonsense go further far from 4k in many monitors and laptops acreens; it wouldn't make sense and the eyes already can't even distinguish difference (if you come from other dimension I don't know). So what? do you think that there will be monitors 8k for laptops and monitors? I mean yeah for marketing porpoise and because people like "big" numbers in specs without knowing what really is happening, it could exist in the future. But a the end our eyes already can't distinguish or go further far trying to see difference.

Is the same with 64bit, do you think that they will create some more exaggerated and unnecessary bigger bits than that? yes for marketing porpoise might work, but again we know it doesn't make too much sense, again this would take some long time to explain.

Just to add that when I say there is not too much sense going further far, I'm not talking about improvement and advancement, I'm talking about numbers and unnecessary specs.
Oh, and in 30+ years of using software for music (Amiga, Atari, PC) I have never ever lost a plug due to a VST developer going bust, I am not sure any one ever has, although people sure seem to worry about it!
Pretty bad example that again doesn't demonstrate anything, sorry, with all respect.

The fact that you have not being in that position/situation doesn't remove the fact that it happens and has (Irrefutable) occurred before, and certainly will continue happening. Is really a difficult situation and a big problem that will be there always, because of system crash, unavoidable errors of devices and more. The people that has concerns with all of this has an understandable reason for that; is not paranoia, is the investment and the people that wants to secure their stuffs the best way.

With all respect SLiC.

SLiC
KVRAF
3800 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Zone by Audiaire

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:25 am

Don't worry about it- you have expressed your 'opinion' (which I profoundly disagree with) and I have expressed mine (based on my personal experience and preferences). As neither of us have any evidence, facts or statistics its all just opinion (which is why I don t just keep posting 'you are wrong', your 'opinion' is your own)

Lets get back to talking about 'Zone' as a synth rather than the copy protection :tu:
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, Cubase10, Live9, X32 Desk. , DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
Sharooz
KVRist
73 posts since 7 Dec, 2011

Re: Zone by Audiaire

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:43 am

SLiC wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:25 am
Don't worry about it- you have expressed your 'opinion' (which I profoundly disagree with) and I have expressed mine (based on my personal experience and preferences). As neither of us have any evidence, facts or statistics its all just opinion (which is why I don t just keep posting 'you are wrong', your 'opinion' is your own)

Thank you! @slic

Lets get back to talking about 'Zone' as a synth rather than the copy protection :tu:

User avatar
Sharooz
KVRist
73 posts since 7 Dec, 2011

Re: Zone by Audiaire

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:47 am

BeeDog wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:33 am
Sharooz wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:16 am
BeeDog wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:59 pm
Sharooz, will Splice get the PACE-less updates or will upcoming releases only be available through your website?


Yes splice will hopefully be in a position to launch v1.2 this week and the end redemption license will no longer be iLok activated. Once your lease has been fully paid on Splice you will receive a serial which when redeemed at Audiaire will enable use of the plugin without restriction perpetually.
Thanks. I finished paying off Zone on Splice a while back, while it was still using PACE in the default build. I thus have the iLok serial redeemed but am still using 1.1.5 through Splice; I guess when 1.2 hits Splice, it will continue to work fine (i.e. using the Splice build without needing to use up an allocation from your servers)?
Yes that is the intended behaviour barring any complications at Splice’s end. In any case you should reach out to our team support@audiaire.com and we’ll convert your iLok license to a Zone v1.2 license without iLok ASAP. Thanks

User avatar
Distorted Horizon
KVRAF
2512 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Re: Zone by Audiaire

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:23 am

Sharooz wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:47 am
Thanks
I want to hunt you down and kiss your brain. Zone is The best thing in vst world in a while that I've had my hands on :hyper:

SLiC
KVRAF
3800 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Zone by Audiaire

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:24 am

Anyone else tried the new (I assume its new, I only just found it!) Pads and Drones set?

https://www.audiaire.com/store/products ... s-presets/

Thats just my style, great job! (and I love that yoi8u do your packs for under a tenner!) :tu:
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, Cubase10, Live9, X32 Desk. , DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
Sharooz
KVRist
73 posts since 7 Dec, 2011

Re: Zone by Audiaire

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:34 am

Distorted Horizon wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:23 am
Sharooz wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:47 am
Thanks
I want to hunt you down and kiss your brain. Zone is The best thing in vst world in a while that I've had my hands on :hyper:
:hug:

BeeDog
KVRist
240 posts since 31 Jan, 2018

Re: Zone by Audiaire

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 am

Sharooz wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:47 am
BeeDog wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:33 am
Sharooz wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:16 am
BeeDog wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:59 pm
Sharooz, will Splice get the PACE-less updates or will upcoming releases only be available through your website?


Yes splice will hopefully be in a position to launch v1.2 this week and the end redemption license will no longer be iLok activated. Once your lease has been fully paid on Splice you will receive a serial which when redeemed at Audiaire will enable use of the plugin without restriction perpetually.
Thanks. I finished paying off Zone on Splice a while back, while it was still using PACE in the default build. I thus have the iLok serial redeemed but am still using 1.1.5 through Splice; I guess when 1.2 hits Splice, it will continue to work fine (i.e. using the Splice build without needing to use up an allocation from your servers)?
Yes that is the intended behaviour barring any complications at Splice’s end. In any case you should reach out to our team support@audiaire.com and we’ll convert your iLok license to a Zone v1.2 license without iLok ASAP. Thanks
Thanks again, appreciated. I see now that v1.2 is available on Splice, nice. Won't have any time to test it tonight though :(

Return to “Instruments”