The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thread is still going??? :o
I guess some people just like whingeing.
Personally, I really don't see the fuss. If you don't like, then buy something else. :shrug:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Yes, Dirk

Aloysius wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:36 pm Yo * Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Will da intro price be muh motha fookin price forever, or iz it just valid fo' da 1st year afta ah sign up?
PA: If you sign up usin` yo' voucher above you will git yo' special price fo' as long as you don' cancel.
This is bad form & unnecessary.

phaded wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:42 pm
Aloysius wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:36 pm Yo * Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Will da intro price be muh motha fookin price forever, or iz it just valid fo' da 1st year afta ah sign up?
PA: If you sign up usin` yo' voucher above you will git yo' special price fo' as long as you don' cancel.
This is bad form & unnecessary.
That‘s an insider joke... :lol:

cptgone wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:11 am
Gamma-UT wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:40 am "My music is so important to me I don't do shit to preserve it but I will spend weeks bitching about stuff on the interwebz about things I can't control."
It's not just about the music, it's about our tools - and accidents do happen, people will find themselves in situations where they didn't record the stems, or something went wrong.
But subscriptions aren't unique in introducing that problem. It's not a particularly good argument against subscriptions because shit happens and doing more things to avoid the consequences of that will help, even if some things fall through the cracks.

There are other, better arguments against subscription although they will depend on circumstance. I got off the Adobe train some years back because it didn't suit what I was doing. If you have time to use all the toys, CC is a good deal. But the problem is, unless you need to use a number of them for your day job, they just gather dust. And if you find yourself having more time to play with them because of the lack of day job, you can no longer afford them. This is a bit of a mismatch.

The other stuff you mention is around trust in a particular company, which is only tangentially related to the subscription (other than, if you think the risk is one of a flame-out in the short term, then printing those stems is even more important).

Realistically, when a company is messing around with vouchers and flash sales and various other shenanigans, it's pretty self-evident that long-term sustainability isn't their top concern and that they will try a lot of different things to get money in through the door to deal with short-term cashflow issues. A very time-limited subscription offer somewhat underlines that - unless they extend the offer to regular customers, they are going to get one largeish chunk of money and then nada. This is not good for company stability and either Dirk hasn't thought it through, or there is another offer coming up in August, or it's last roll of the dice time.

The real reason I see why people got upset about this one is that they were getting good deals and now that seems to be at risk. But, if you look at it dispassionately, much of that voucher stuff was just about driving demand and it's a bit sad to look at threads on PA up to this latest move talking about "PA poker" – people buying stuff just because it's on sale. If anything, PA have done them a favour now because it's snapped them out of that "on discount; must buy" cycle.

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:13 pm Yes, Dirk
:roll:

Well, what did you expect after such a shitty post as yours?

"This still going? Must ALL be nothing else than whinging then! Except my post here of course, which is NO whinging at all. Because, listen, i, ramseysounds am far superior to all of you! And holier! I just chimed in to tell you that! And don't dare to argue that with me or even just reply to me, because that will be nothing else than more whinging! My post is the only valid one in the whole of this thread!"

And now you may piss off! :razz:

:roll: :roll: :roll:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

:roll:

:band:

Burillo wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:47 pm
pixel85 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:57 pm
granted wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:29 am PA has the best software installer and management system of any major plug developer. If you use plugins from many different companies you will appreciate the PA install manager for saving you hours of time keeping up with software upgrades and installs. This feature alone is worth $150 a year to me. Seriously.
PA Installer:
- have no info of plugins actually installed and their version
- no update option

You either remember which version you have and which plugin or you have to open website and check which plugins you own.

It's faaaar from being best. Even Native Access is better these days
there is an option to only install plugins you own.
Oh yes you're right. "My products" right in the middle of the interface :D

jens wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:11 pm Well, what did you expect after such a shitty post as yours?

"This still going? Must ALL be nothing else than whinging then! Except my post here of course, which is NO whinging at all. Because, listen, i, ramseysounds am far superior to all of you! And holier! I just chimed in to tell you that! And don't dare to argue that with me or even just reply to me, because that will be nothing else than more whinging! My post is the only valid one in the whole of this thread!"

And now you may piss off! :razz:

:roll: :roll: :roll:
yeah that helps, the suggestion this thread has run it's course is not a new one...your response jens suggests to me it's quite correct
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Why on earth? There was a discussion going on well within the rules of this forum. It's news to me that threads may only run for so and so long...

To generally dismiss that as "whinging" while adding another post on top of it all is more helpful in your opinion?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

And you certainly don't want us to get the impression that you are waiting in your tracks to use the next best (non-) opportunity to lock the thread, do you?

jens wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:11 pm Well, what did you expect after such a shitty post as yours?
What was shitty about it? By pointing out that all people are doing is whingeing? If you dont like, dont buy. Whats so difficult to understand in that suggestion? I’ll refrain from being infantile like yourself. Hey ho. :clap:

If you’re on Kvr and you’re not whinging is it still Kvr?

Return to “Effects”