Vertigo Sound VSC-3 Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VSC-3 Plugin

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:01 pm Is the new vsc 3 still coded brainworx ?
They answered this on Gearslutz :
Vertigo Sound :
For those wondering who coded it, it was Impulse Audio Lab the same guys who did the VSE-2 also.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... stcount=73
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Wonderful compressor!
:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Those are the guys who coded the synthetic engine noises for German luxury cars.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I see on the other forum people praising its airyness and how it softens the transients, but I do wonder if this is something that could be recreated on a cheaper/different compressor with help of a transient tool, or if there's more to it? Recently I've been using Auburn Couture, and with this tool you can easily dial back the transient/bring focus on sustain, but you can also play with "speed" knob to determine the duration of the effect, and also front/back knob for determining its depth.

VSC-2 is included in Mastering Bundle 1 this week. Five plugins for $69.
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... dle-1.html

SiliconDeath wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:20 pm I see on the other forum people praising its airyness and how it softens the transients, but I do wonder if this is something that could be recreated on a cheaper/different compressor with help of a transient tool, or if there's more to it? Recently I've been using Auburn Couture, and with this tool you can easily dial back the transient/bring focus on sustain, but you can also play with "speed" knob to determine the duration of the effect, and also front/back knob for determining its depth.
Eeh...not really for me.

Tested on Rock-Pop mixbus against:

Weiss DS1 Mk3
DynOne
AA Ultramarine
BX Townhouse
Novatron
Kotelnikov GE
Oxford Dynamics
Limiter 6
Ozone 8
Compassion
Pro-C2
FG-Red
The Glue
Vulf

And for mixbus duties VSC-3 was most pleasant. Softening transients just enough to be on master.
By the way this order is my preference from top to bottom for mixbus task.
In different situations - like individual channels or group buses, other compressors may take a job with ease. All of them are great and unique. I use most of them in production for specific tasks.
But top 3 for clean and transparent mixbus are
VSC-3
DS1 Mk3
DynOne

I have the VSC-3 and VSC-2. Love them both but I can definitely tell the sound difference. VSC-3 is bigger and fuller sounding to my ears without a doubt but also uses more cpu. Now I only use VSC-2 instead of VSC-3 when cpu becomes an issue in a particularly busy project but I still want the VSC sound.
I'm using VSC-3 in series with DS1 or Acoustica Audio Ivory4 compressor on my master bus.

I've used the demo and liked it quite a bit. As a hobbyist, I can't justify the current price, which is totally fine if that's the business model they want to pursue. I think I'd be set for years to come with Pro-C2, Novatron, AR-1 and, finally, VSC-3 (though I keep reading great things about the Weiss). Maybe someday!

Glad to find this thread!

I just wanted to share my experience (and the experience from my colleagues from the audio school). We contacted Vertigo about a possible EDU discount and they didn't even answer. Several of our colleagues tried and got no response (not even an auto-response) when asking about that but some of them got replies when asking for something else (through the same email address), so we clearly realized they just don't want to give any discounts and don't even care about students/educators.
On the other hand, seeing that they recently even increased the price of the plugins is quite a bit too much. They had the bundle only for the VSC-3 plus VSC-2 (if I remember correctly), which was still expensive but ok, something around 248€ for both I think it was. Not they claim "NOW YOU CAN EASILY CONFIGURE YOUR BUNDLE OR AN UPGRADE WITHOUT ANY DISCOUNT CODES." as it if it was now a better option and then you realize the same costs 298€. Wrapping up, this company simply can't be more arrogant, it's incredible...
That said, the compressor sounds really good (the others not so special imo) but this company is a NO-NO.

Have a nice day, fellas!

Both currently on sale for £24.99. Whats your problem? If you want them that much, just buy them at the price now 🤷‍♂️

Edit - 1 post….🤦‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

He's talking about Vertigo Sound, not Plugin Alliance.

Ah my bad. Whoops 🤦‍♂️🙈
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:02 pm Ah my bad. Whoops 🤦‍♂️🙈
OK, so I’m banning you for this unforgivable mistake, sorry. Goodbye and thanks for your visit here. :shrug:

Oh. I’m not a mod. :scared:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:05 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:02 pm Ah my bad. Whoops 🤦‍♂️🙈
OK, so I could ban you for this unforgivable mistake.
But no! I’m not in that mood... :tu:
FTFY

Just got the VSC-3 , and i have to say......Dämn !

It works like a real tasteful exciter.

Hard to imagine mixing without it now.

Return to “Effects”