Ableton: why some files show in places and others dont?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some of the native instrument pack samples dont show in places. "drums" and "loops" do but not the "one shots" from any of the packs. I cant figure out why. They're all the same format.

You need to provide more detail than that. And try forums.ableton.com which is more active for Live than here.

What details are you referring to? What a wav is, what a NI pack is or what places is?

What places indeed :?:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Kinh wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:24 am Some of the native instrument pack samples dont show in places. "drums" and "loops" do but not the "one shots" from any of the packs. I cant figure out why. They're all the same format.
Until you manually add the folders, they won't show up. And it sometimes takes time for Ableton to rescan the database. It is fairly common that not everything shows up right away. This is until the scan is complete which can take time. This happens especially if you change the contents of a folder that has already been added before. You can force to rescan the database. And if nothing helps, try deleting the folder reference in the Live Browser and adding it back in again. There is also the hardcore approach of deleting the database completely and having Live rebuild it. Look at the Live help pages to find out how to do that.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”