Sonimus plugins appreciation.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They don't get enough mention considering how good they are. Sonimus are at the top for me both in sound and how they operate, my only wish is they would release some more plugins but quality over quantity is a good thing.

I use Satson and Britson for filtering, metering and saturation all the time.. I think they are fantastic. SonEQ Pro is one of the best sounding plugin EQs I've heard, as is burnley73 and their compressor TuCo always goes to work on my busses.

Their filters sound really impressive and I do most of my mixing with them.

Anyone else a fan here?

The new Satson CS is probably the best one of the lineup, imo. Considering that you're getting the Stason saturation, the Stone EQ, and a nice analogue compressor all in one, it's a great value.

StonEQ has been my favorite EQ for a while now, mostly based on it's layout and workflow, though i'd really like an option to enable/disable individual frequency bands.

Probably just personal preference, but i'm not that much of a fan of their saturation algorithms and never use those of StonEQ and Satson CS. When i need saturation i reach for something like True Iron or Saturn instead. EQ included saturation wise i vastly prefer the two PSP EQs i know, namely NobleQ and E27, but workflow wise, StonEQ is just way more intuitive and quicker to dial in.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Tappistry wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:49 am The new Satson CS is probably the best one of the lineup, imo. Considering that you're getting the Stason saturation, the Stone EQ, and a nice analogue compressor all in one, it's a great value.
I think it's great but I'm bigger on using Satson, StonEQ and TuCo as a combo. The Satson CS Buss Compressor is really good.
FapFilter wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:55 am StonEQ has been my favorite EQ for a while now, mostly based on it's layout and workflow, though i'd really like an option to enable/disable individual frequency bands.

Probably just personal preference, but i'm not that much of a fan of their saturation algorithms and never use those of StonEQ and Satson CS. When i need saturation i reach for something like True Iron or Saturn instead. EQ included saturation wise i vastly prefer the two PSP EQs i know, namely NobleQ and E27, but workflow wise, StonEQ is just way more intuitive and quicker to dial in.
It certainly is a personal preference thing. I love True Iron, great plugin. I used to feel the same to be honest, but having mixed with them a lot I find their saturation sound one of the best, over a whole mix I find it adds a nice low mid body and makes everything sound a bit more real. TuCo adds some nice weight and Burnleys distortion options are great on drums and bass.

Satson or Britson on every track :tu:

I really like soneq pro, sweetone and tuco. I wanted to buy the channel strip, but I didn't like the UI.

Tappistry wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:49 amand a nice analogue compressor all in one
Bloody hell, they send you a proper hardware compressor? No-brainer!

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:17 am Satson or Britson on every track :tu:
Nice. Britson is a more recent addition for me. I've owned Satson since about 2012 and used it regularly, never thought I'd get Britson as I felt it might not be worth having, I don't like having too many plugins but I'm glad I gave it a go as it's great. So far I've been mix and matching but haven't done a Britson only song. Out of interest are you combining them like this or just pick one and roll with it? I'm sure I will do both - really enjoying the sound, especially the buss on modern mode.
lajosuti wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:53 am I really like soneq pro, sweetone and tuco. I wanted to buy the channel strip, but I didn't like the UI.
Sweetone is a great plugin, often I use Satson and that on a channel and that's all that is needed, very handy tool for broad tone shaping.

Britson is super :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Big fan here. I love the tilt eq and I think their strip may be the best sounding one out there. And their free eq just couldn't be any better... and for free.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

lajosuti wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:53 am I really like soneq pro, sweetone and tuco. I wanted to buy the channel strip, but I didn't like the UI.
Just out of curiosity, what about the UI don't you like? I have my own reservations but I'm curious as to what others think.

soulone82 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:00 am
Tappistry wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:49 amand a nice analogue compressor all in one
Bloody hell, they send you a proper hardware compressor? No-brainer!
:hihi:

Been a fanboy for a while now. Mad love for Sonimus.

Their EQs are musical sounding. Sweetone is a wildly ingenious sculpting tool, and the same can be said of TuCo. A lot of what they do is a bit non-traditional.

The low end on their EQs seems "big," so they really nail the Neve sound in Burnley. And though I don't use their channel strips, the distortion in the plugins I've used is very useful on the occasional bass guitar or kick drum. I tend to use Saturn, Airwindows, and Decapitator most often for ITB distortions, and Sonimus hangs right with them.

DeathByGuitar wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:11 pm
Just out of curiosity, what about the UI don't you like? I have my own reservations but I'm curious as to what others think.
There are strange shadows and the text is also strange. Maybe on mac it looks okay? I don't know, but on my Windows 10 pc every text looks washed. I prefer the text to be sharp.

lajosuti wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:55 am
DeathByGuitar wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:11 pm
There are strange shadows and the text is also strange. Maybe on mac it looks okay? I don't know, but on my Windows 10 pc every text looks washed. I prefer the text to be sharp.
Yeah, the shading is definitely off and I don't like the colors they use for the knobs versus the ones they used for StonEQ. I remember in the thread on Gearslutz about the plugin where Boris, one of the guys at Sonimus, said that there may be more changes to the UI in the future. If you find that thread, you'll see the beta version of the UI that I posted. It was quite a bit more simplified but in a good way IMO.

Return to “Effects”