IK MUltimedia UNO Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UNO Synth

BONES wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:37 am Firmware is up to date, although without release notes I have no idea what it bring
Glad to hear everything is working. For the release notes please visit the download page for the Firmware Update. See here.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Got stuck in last night and previewed over 400 presets in just a few hours. I found that using UNO's sequencer was the perfect way to go through them, way better than how I would preview a softsynth's presets. I copied those I thought had potential and others that I had tweaked into a new bank and I ended up with around 40 good, usable presets. A 10% hit rate is very good for me, I often struggle to find more than half-a-dozen good patches out of hundreds.

The Editor's patch librarian is excellent, really quick and easy to work with. Working with UNO this way feels way better than any soft synth experience I've had. IK have nailed it! Modal seem to have done a similarly good job with their app for Skulpt, too, although I have not tried doing the banks thing with it yet.

I honestly never thought I would be so into hardware again but hybrid experiences like this have completely changed my mind. It's like the best of both worlds and it's way more affordable than it's ever been.

For Ryan or Peter (or someone who knows), it explains at the start of the UNO manual how the knobs work and offers an explanation of the other possible modes - Absolute (default), Pass-Through and Relative. It reads as though you can change that behaviour but I can't find any instructions on how to do it. Is it possible? If it is, how do you do it? Absolute is fine for studio use but pass-through is much better on stage.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:47 am Absolute (default), Pass-Through and Relative. It reads as though you can change that behaviour but I can't find any instructions on how to do it. Is it possible? If it is, how do you do it? n stage.
Click the 3-bar menu widget in the upper right of the
editor gui, a panel opens with the Midi Routing area,
and there is a 'Knob Behavior' option
with those three choices.
Cheers

I was hoping that the editor would include a quick way to write & save sequences.. am I overlooking something?

Apart from that I have to agree that it's an incredible piece of hardware and integrates well with the DAW (oh, +1 for random preset changing bug).

H

Horse! :o :o :o

blimey, havent seen you since Cambridge :hihi:

glokraw wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:31 amClick the 3-bar menu widget in the upper right of the editor gui, a panel opens with the Midi Routing area, and there is a 'Knob Behavior' option with those three choices.

Cheers
Thanks, mate. I looked in there last night but didn't see it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Hehe.. ahh.. Cambridge! :-)

H

This thread was in danger of falling off the first page of my "My Forum Topics" page so I thought I'd better say some more about how good Uno Synth is. It's really good. Honest. I've decided I am going to sell both my Waldorf synths - Pulse 2 and Rocket - and get a second Uno. I can't wait to get up on stage with this new set-up, complete with Seaboard and Lightpad Blocks to replace my Rise 25. Only the mixer, Analog Keys and MicroMonsta will need power, which is pretty freaky.

For anyone who is interested, the patch demo I heard that sounded like hard sync actually used a filter sweep with the Drive turned way up. It doesn't sound too convincing on it's own but in the context of a song it works a treat.

Those receiving GC coupons likely have a 20% discount coupon
in your email, good til July 24th, and IK Multimedia is not on the exempt list,
so a UNO would be $160, hard to beat that in bang4buck, and fun.

Mommy, quick! Hide the plastic :scared: :hyper:

I still have some issues with the VST editor (sporadic MIDI connectivity issues in Studio One so I have to run it inside JBridge, sometimes not recalling the patch with the DAW project), but the synth has really grown on me. Something doesn't have to be perfect in order to be good and usable.

I'd buy an IK Multimedia Quattro if they decide to make one :)

Back to page one, there is a new UNO soundset in your
IK User -->My Products-->Download Resources area,
with a short bio and song links of the author, KC Gilmore
Cheers

Looks like there are some previous presets I missed, too. Thanks for the update, glokraw!

My pleasure! Nice to see IK keeping the pulse strong
for their/our little beast 8)

my uno stopped working with AA batteries. USB power works fine though. Anyone has this problem before?

Not sure, I'll check tonight.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”